Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:50:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55942 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 12:25:08 AM »

Congratulations on the re-election!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 06:16:32 AM »

Thank you. I'm glad you were re-elected as well.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »

New Assembly Session

With the upcoming election of Inks as Speaker, the new session of the Mideast Assembly is about to begin. Let me briefly outline what my priorities are:

1. Education: Guidelines for Private Language Schools Act

I am going to reintroduce a bill from the last session that focuses on private language schools. Our region should establish concrete guidelines for private educational institutions to guarantee that students who take courses at a particular school can study in an encouraging environment. I'm looking forward to debating this issue with my fellow Assemblymembers.

2. Economy: Keeping taxes low

I am convinced that our region's path to economic success is a low tax burden. Necessary investments in our infrastructure must be made. I welcome the ideas that some of my fellow colleagues and the Governor have put forward and will be discussed in the Assembly. I am confident that the Assembly in its new composition will take common-sense decisions which strenghten our economy.

3. Social issues: Keep a close eye on critical issues

The Assembly has spent a lot of time focusing on social issues during the last session. With the new Governor who is rather liberal socially it is probably not possible to push through socially conservative bills this session. However, I will keep a close eye on essential topics such as abortion and drugs and am prepared to propose new ideas whenever I deem it necessary.

Let's get working again! Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 03:20:22 AM »

Statement on the special election to the Atlasian Senate

To the people of Atlasia,

This has been a fascinating election. Congrats to the winner, Kalwejt. I hope you will remain an independent and active voice in your new office!
In my view, turnout efforts both by the RPP and the JCP have been tremendous. We in the RPP have done a great job trying to contact as many potential voters as possible but due to the structural disadvantage our party has in Atlasia victory was out of reach for us today. I thank Junkie for having made this a great race. Junkie has been one of the best candidates the RPP could field so I am proud this turned out to be a really close race. I would love to see Junkie run for Atlasian-wide office again at some stage. We really need dedicated and qualified people like him!

There is no need for bitter feelings, nor should people start or continue personal feuds or to bicker about the election. Clearly, this result is a mandate for the JCP. To the guys in the JCP: You now have a supermajority in the Senate. You have had the presidency, and the new President is likely going to be one of your guys as well. Enjoy this victory, but be aware that the full responsibility regarding Atlasia is yours. You will be judged by the state of Atlasia when the next election will be held. You have the majority to change things for the better or the worse. Keep that in mind when making decisions in the Senate.

On the federal level, the RPP is undoubtedly the main opposition party. It is therefore our job to present alternative ideas and concepts of how we want to change Atlasia. Let's not give up just because we lost another election. Let's work hard and focus on the issues. We are a big tent party which for the most part doesn't consist of "far right extremists", as some would put it. We are a party of both conservatives and moderates. There are many great and dedicated people in the RPP. The future of our party is not bleak, it is indeed very bright. Yes, we're struggling in a way like the GOP struggles in US states such as Massachusetts or Connecticut. Yes, we are going to lose most federal races in Atlasia. But as long as all of us remain sincere, honest and fair and as long as we manage to keep elections close and interesting by putting forward great candidates and clear plans, we can be proud.

Thank you!

ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2011, 03:58:28 PM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Press Release: No compromise on regional rights!

Dear Mideast citizens,

regional rights are in danger. The Atlasian Senate is currently debating a bill which curbs the constitutionally guaranteed autonomy of the Atlasian regions, a bill called the "Environmental Conservation and Protection Act". It appears that this constitutionally questionable bill, which will place a ban on land transfers by the regions of Atlasia, has the support of a majority of the Atlasian Senators.

Note that this is a bill which Vice President Bacon King voted against only two months ago due to constitutional concerns.

Fortunately, there is a way you can voice your concern and take a stance in favor of regional rights. Vote RPP - the sole party that stands up for our regions. Vote Duke/Cincinnatus.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

Dear Mideast citizens,

regional rights are in danger. The Atlasian Senate is currently debating a bill which curbs the constitutionally guaranteed autonomy of the Atlasian regions, a bill called the "Environmental Conservation and Protection Act". It appears that this constitutionally questionable bill, which will place a ban on land transfers by the regions of Atlasia, has the support of a majority of the Atlasian Senators.

Note that this is a bill which Vice President Bacon King voted against only two months ago due to constitutional concerns.

Fortunately, there is a way you can voice your concern and take a stance in favor of regional rights. Vote RPP - the sole party that stands up for our regions. Vote Duke/Cincinnatus.

Does this voting for the RPP include Mideast Regional Senate elections?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »

That was not the VP's reason...he cited a law already in place that really wasn't relevant to the bill being debated.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 04:25:49 AM »

Dear Mideast citizens,

Does this voting for the RPP include Mideast Regional Senate elections?

This is a tricky question. Both shua and MOPolitico are excellent candidates, and both of them have reasonable views on regional rights. So the Mideast Senate election is an exception in that respect. If you are a supporter of strong regional rights, both candidates are fine. There are other reasons why or why not to support one of the two people running for the ME Senate seat.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »

Press Release: Running for re-election to the Mideast Assembly

Today I announce that I will run for re-election to the Mideast Assembly. The election is only a bit more than two weeks away so it is about time to get my campaign started. It may be an advantage to be a sitting RPP Assemblyman when running for re-election in a conservative region like the Mideast, but I do not want to assume that this election is going to be a cakewalk.

I believe our Assembly has passed a number of really important bills so far in this term. We have dealt with and are still debating bills that tackle educational as well as environmental issues and have, despite a slow start, made decisions which will have a positive impact on our region. While there's always room for improvement, I think the current Assembly is composed of members who are both willing and able to work together and find sensible solutions to the problems the Mideast is facing.

I shall continue to be an active Assemblyman who will uphold conservative values. Citizens of the Mideast, I therefore ask for your confidence and your vote in the next election. Thank you very much!

Assemblyman ZuWo
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »

Endorsed, former colleague! Also, you can expect a shipment of monopoly money to fund your campaign coming from one of my various PACs. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 03:04:22 AM »

Endorsed, former colleague! Also, you can expect a shipment of monopoly money to fund your campaign coming from one of my various PACs. Wink

Thank you very much for your endorsement and the promised bucks. But if you haven't ruled out running for a seat yourself, you should maybe keep the money from your PACs. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 05:32:58 PM »

Thank you very much for your endorsement and the promised bucks. But if you haven't ruled out running for a seat yourself, you should maybe keep the money from your PACs. Wink

I'll sit this one out, thank you. I'll probably stage a comeback in the next few election cycles, hoping to use it as a stepping stone to get into higher office. I'm looking for something else besides MidEast Assemblyman to be on my resume. Sadly, an appointed position doesn't seem open given the RPP's chances of winning a Presidential election. Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »

YAY
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »

Press Release: TV Ad

Assemblyman ZuWo, who is running for reelection to the Mideast Assembly, has released a new TV ad. The ad will be shown by numerous TV channels across the Mideast. Below is a transcript of the ad.

In Good Hands

"During the past months, I've been working tirelessly for our region. I and my colleagues in the Assembly, we've managed to pass important pieces of legislation that benefit the entire region. Not only have we tried to make sure that our economy is running smoothly, but we have also tackled critical educational and environmental issues.

As your Assemblyman, I will continue to take your concerns seriously. I support a free-market system which does not place any unnecessary burden on our businesses and I fight for conservative moral values. Most importantly, I will not relent in defending the sanctity of life.

I humbly ask you for your vote. Our region is in good hands, let's continue to move our region forward."

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:44 PM »

Endorsed. With you in the Assembly, we are in good hands Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 10:30:56 AM »

Endorsed. With you in the Assembly, we are in good hands Smiley

Thank you. That's exactly the type of effect this ad should have. Tongue

No, seriously, one thing I still have to work on is to be more successful with my bills. In an RPP-dominated Assembly it should be possible to get more than just 1 bills passed during one term. Wink
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 01:18:07 PM »

We seem to have an odd US vs. Europe split on dog related bills for some reason. European posters seem to favor restrictions on dog related issues that are viewed as extreme and strange to Americans. I'd have a hard time fathoming how an area as large as the Mideast could put some kind of blanket restriction like the one you proposed or the one from eariler this year (that seemed completely crazy to me). For example, a decent number of pit bull owners probably live way out in rural areas where it would seem ridiculous to muzzle a dog (heck, you're lucky if they even bother with leashes). This type of thing might be good in a city, but not everywhere in a huge region.

The language one I wish I would have proposed an ammendment to fix. The general public (if there was one) would respnd very badly to us (a "conservative" government in particular) declairing that Engish isn't the official language. The rest of that might have worked but the wording just wasn't going to win.

Oddly, both of these bills might have been passed in more liberal areas. But they don't mesh well with conservatives for a variety of cultural big city vs. 'real' America kind of ways.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »

Yes, it looks indeed like a Europe vs. US split. Thanks for the advice anyway,  I'll see whether I can come up with something new regarding the language issue. But I'm not overly stubborn and don't want to bring the same topic up again and again just to push my personal ideas if there's no chance in passing anything.

About the dog issue, could you possibly support a bill which would require owners of pit bulls and similarly "dangerous" dogs to keep their dogs on leashes?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »

Press Release: Mideast Assembly and Special Senate Election

Dear people of the Mideast

In two days you are going to cast your vote in two elections. On the one hand, you have the opportunity to elect a new Mideast Assembly, and on the other hand there is a special Senate election to fill the seat vacated by President Snowguy.

Regarding the Assembly elections, I ask you to consider casting your vote for the following candidates who have announced their intention to run for a seat:

Assemblyman ZuWo, Assemblyman TJ in Cleve, Assemblyman and Speaker of the Assembly Inks, Former Governor A-Bob and Former President Tmthforu.

I believe that with these candidates our Assembly will remain active and effective and, most importantly, reliably conservative.

Regarding the special election to the Atlasian Senate, I'd like to encourage all of you to vote for NE Assemblyman and former vice-presidential candidate Cincinnatus. While there certainly is an ideological gap between myself and Cincinnatus on certain social issues, I believe he is an extremely well qualified candidate for the Senate. Not only does he know the issues that are important to Atlasia in the current environment, but he is also capable of working with people all across the political spectrum.

People of the Mideast, these two elections are of great importance to you. Have your say in regional and national affairs! Thank you for your confidence.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

Statement on the Assembly elections

I thank everyone who has voted for me! I'll continue to do my best to represent the citizens of the Mideast.

Unfortunately, turnout has been much worse than last time. Even though this has not come as a surprise since we only had 5 candidates for 5 seats and a relatively uncontroversial last Assembly session, I hope we'll be able to reverse this trend next time.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »

Press Release: Senate Endorsements

I endorse the following candidates for the upcoming Senate at-large elections (in that order):

1. TJ in Cleve (RPP)
2. Junkie (RPP)
3. 20RP12 (SPA)
4. Kalwejt (JCP)

While TJ in Cleve is perfectly in line with my opinions from an ideological point of view and has demonstrated in the Assembly how well thought-out his style of legislating is, I endorse Junkie because he is a true expert on legal matters and has vowed to be an active Senator.
I also support the non-RPP candidates 20RP12 and Kalwejt. 20RP12 has campaigned very hard and laid out a pretty detailed platform. Kalwejt has been a creative and somewhat independent Senator on many issues.

I urge all Atlasians - whether they are members of the RPP, JCP, SPA, Blue Party or independent - to look at the records of all candidates. Do not vote for people who have shown no or little interest in being Senators, do not help to get inactive people elected. Cast your vote, have your say, and help to make Atlasia a more vivid place.

Depending on how the campaign evolves, more endorsements may come.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »

Press Release: Senate Endorsements

I endorse the following candidates for the upcoming Senate at-large elections (in that order):

1. TJ in Cleve (RPP)
2. Junkie (RPP)
3. 20RP12 (SPA)
4. Kalwejt (JCP)

While TJ in Cleve is perfectly in line with my opinions from an ideological point of view and has demonstrated in the Assembly how well thought-out his style of legislating is, I endorse Junkie because he is a true expert on legal matters and has vowed to be an active Senator.
I also support the non-RPP candidates 20RP12 and Kalwejt. 20RP12 has campaigned very hard and laid out a pretty detailed platform. Kalwejt has been a creative and somewhat independent Senator on many issues.

I urge all Atlasians - whether they are members of the RPP, JCP, SPA, Blue Party or independent - to look at the records of all candidates. Do not vote for people who have shown no or little interest in being Senators, do not help to get inactive people elected. Cast your vote, have your say, and help to make Atlasia a more vivid place.

Depending on how the campaign evolves, more endorsements may come.

Thank you so much Cheesy
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »

I am going to make an announcement at around 4 PM Eastern time today.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2012, 04:01:04 PM »

A New Prospect for Atlasia - ZuWo for President

Citizens of Atlasia,

Today is the first day of the year 2012 and I announce the formation of an exploratory committee for President. In the following days and weeks, I am going to test the waters regarding a potential run for President. The challenges our nation faces are legion, and I believe what our country needs in the current environment is a fresh start with a new administration that is willing to tackle the problems that are ahead of us.

I have been appointed to the Mideast Assembly in July and have served my region up to the present day. In my time as Assemblyman, I have introduced several bills, ranging from educational and regional game reform topics to issues concerning public health and law and order. I stand by my record and am grateful for the work I have had the privilege to do so far.

As President, I would work to repeal the “Productivity Equalization and Worker Employment Act”, because I believe this is a bill which has a devastating effect on the productivity of Atlasian businesses. Indeed, a core priority of a ZuWo administration would be to reduce unnecessary regulation for businesses and to lower federal taxes. In fact, we cannot afford to jeopardize the economic competitiveness of Atlasia by continuing to pursue left-wing policies.

Game reform would be another important pillar of my administration. The Senate has debated numerous reform bills in the current term, passed some of them and rejected others. Indeed, my goal as President would be to push reform ideas even more. Therefore, I would support the reinstatement of the "Game Reform Proposal Committee" that was installed under the Polnut administration in order to make Atlasia an even more interesting and fascinating place. Game reform is a constant process with the aim to improve flaws in the game; in a ZuWo administration there will be no taboos but an open-minded approach to reform ideas from people all across the political spectrum.

I am going to release a more detailed platform once my plans regarding my presidential run become more precise. I am open to questions, criticism and ideas!

Thank you all for your attention!

Assemblyman ZuWo
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »

Go ZuWo! Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20