Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:43:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55828 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2012, 04:55:16 PM »

On Kal's Amendment (aka the Separate Election of the Vice President Act)

The ZuWo/Jbrase campaign strongly supports the so-called Kal's Amendment, which is currently debated in the Atlasian Senate. It is our conviction that, since Atlasia is primarily an election simulation, additional elections will have a positive impact on the excitement Atlasian citizens feel for the game.
However, we are aware of the problem that the vice presidency in its current form should be reformed. Indeed, the office of VP is rather meaningless at the moment since, unless there's a tie in the Senate, there's not much for him to do. We therefore welcome suggestions such as making the VP a Senator or increasing the competences of the Vice Presidency.

ZuWo/Jbrase - the only reform ticket in the race.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »

Welcome to the race, Oakvale!

While the President's announcement not to seek re-election has not come as a huge surprise to me, I am glad to see that Oakvale has formed an exploratory committee to run for President. Even though I think Oakvale is going to be a stronger and more active opponent (=even harder to defeat) than the sitting President would have been, I am happy about Oakvale's entrance into the race because it makes it possible for us to get a real debate on Atlasia's future started. Wherever this debate is going to lead us, I will do everything I can to make this a respectful and entertaining campaign.

Therefore, I agree with my opponent's wish to have one or several presidential debates. In fact, I am willing to participate in seven 3-hour debates! Wink

My and Jbrase's record and campaign promises are out there as well. We will fight for economic prosperity and for sensible game reform issues. Under my leadership, the White House will get back on track in terms of activity, transparency and accountability. Let's make the office of President more meaningful again by electing an active President. And let's help to give our future Vice President Jbrase more competences, and support the Separate Election Amendment as well as other reforms of the Vice Presidency that have already been put forward or are going to be proposed in this very reform-friendly Senate.

ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2012, 11:13:52 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Formation of new Parties/Presidential Race

Both presidential candidate ZuWo and vice-presidential candidate Jbrase welcome the impending dissolution of the two major parties, the JCP and the RPP. We are hopeful that the spark of enthusiasm among Atlasians, as witnessed by the formation of several new parties, will be long-lasting.

At the same time, we would like to emphasize our readiness to participate in presidential or vice-presidential debates, that is, as soon as one or several opponents step forward! Since the constitution states that presidential elections must begin on the second Thursday/Friday of February, which is February 9 or 10, we are already in the final two weeks of the presidential campaign. We are convinced that Atlasia needs a vivid political debate between the candidates running for President and Vice President, so we hope that our potential opponent(s) will not jump in at the very last moment.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2012, 11:59:37 PM »

Will you support a tax policy that ensures the wealthy, i.e. incomes of $1,000,000.00/year and over, pay a minimum of 30% tax?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »

Will you support a tax policy that ensures the wealthy, i.e. incomes of $1,000,000.00/year and over, pay a minimum of 30% tax?

Jbrase and I have put forward a tax plan which, in our view, will help Atlasia get back on a path to fiscal sanity and prosperity. Since Atlasian citizens are taxed quite massively both at the federal and the regional level, we believe the tax burden must be lowered.

Here's our tax proposal that we introduced a while ago. As you can see "the wealthy" would still pay a substantial amount of taxes according to this plan, but less than under the current system:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »

60% tax on the uppermost bracket? I'm as willing as anybody to call the riches some people have "excessive", but I tend to think there shouldn't be an income tax over 49%. --stop-- Just realized I was reading our current tax code. Anyway, good luck on lowering it, because that looks nuts.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »

When's the election?  I can't wait to vote for change!
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »

When's the election?  I can't wait to vote for change!

February 9th Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

Hey ho let's go!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2012, 04:50:03 AM »

Separate Election of the Vice President/Popular Election of Cabinet Members

It is unclear whether the Senate is going to pass the Separate Election Amendment or not. As I and Jbrase have made clear, we are in support of the proposal to elect the Vice President of Atlasia separately and, if we are elected President and Vice President, intend to have this proposal re-introduced in the Senate during the next term.

An idea which has come up in the recent debate on the separate election of the Vice President is the popular election of cabinet members. This is a suggestion I and Jbrase are going to have a discussion about in the following days. In general, we symphatize with proposals that strenghten democracy and give the Atlasian people more opportunities to participate in elections.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2012, 04:13:22 AM »

A Stark Contrast

Dear citizens of Atlasia

With the entrance of Polnut/Tmth to the race, the ZuWo/Jbrase ticket is toast. But we will be a crispy and buttery toast with several drops of honey. In other words, we will carry on and put on a good fight.

Atlasia faces a stark contrast. On the one hand, we have a ticket with two politicians of outstanding merit who have done a lot for Atlasia. Yet, what that ticket offers is just more of the same. A vote for that ticket does not only mean that the office of SoIA is once again left vacated, but it also means that we elect a President who barely two weeks ago announced his farewell from elected office before he decided to run for Senate before he decided to run for President. One is tempted to ask: will he decide to run for Governor in two days?
While I respect Polnut for his past achievements, I believe Atlasia needs a President for the future. A President who knows that he wants to be President and who has sticked to his plans from day one of this campaign.

Indeed, the ZuWo/Jbrase ticket offers fresh blood, real change. But at the same, time Jbrase and I have been consistent during the entire election campaign. What we say today will still be of value tomorrow. We are the ticket of change and accountability. We are not afraid to stand up for unpopular ideas if we are convinced that these ideas are the best solutions for our country. We have a clear plan to boost our economy and to lower the tax burden of the Atlasian people. We are committed to game reform.

Atlasia is going through a phase of change. In such a crucial period of time, our country needs energetic new leaders.

It's up to you. Vote ZuWo/Jbrase.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »

Endorsed !
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »

I respect Polnut but as I have said from the start of your campaign.... Go ZuWo!!!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2012, 04:54:40 AM »

I respect Polnut but as I have said from the start of your campaign.... Go ZuWo!!!

Thank you BigBadFab and clarence.

Clarence, your election result in your match-up with Polnut is a foretaste of what I should expect. I will rate it as a success if I exceed your result. Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »

I am very pleased to endorse the ticket of ZuWo and Jbrase.

New leadership for a new Atlasia.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »

ZuuuuuuuWo!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »

I am very pleased to endorse the ticket of ZuWo and Jbrase.

New leadership for a new Atlasia.

Thank you, Winfield. Your endorsement means a lot. A steep climb is ahead of me and Jbrase, but a response like yours encourages us to move forward.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

More opponents about to enter the race

It is great to see the renewed enthusiasm people from all across the political spectrum have for the presidential election. As it seems, the election is not only going to be a race between ZuWo/Jbrase and Polnut/Tmth, but there is also EarlAW/Dr. Cynic as well as potentially a Labor Party and an Individual Freedom Party ticket. And that might not even be the end! This is going to be an exciting election, and I am glad everyone agrees to have a debate before this crucial election. The fact that so many new candidates have entered or are about to enter the race also makes our campaign more hopeful of winning. We, ZuWo and Jbrase, have a unique message of fiscal and game reform and economic sanity, and we are confident that we will be heard by the Atlasian people.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2012, 04:38:33 AM »

Federal Budget

I would like to commend GM shua on his work in compiling and presenting a federal budget. Now that there are actual figures on which we can base our proposed policies, I and my running mate are going to have a discussion about where it makes sense to cut spending. While it is our core priority to stimulate the economy by lowering massive federal tax rates for individuals and corporations, we regard it as equally important to lead Atlasia on a path towards a balanced budget.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

Federal Budget

I would like to commend GM shua on his work in compiling and presenting a federal budget. Now that there are actual figures on which we can base our proposed policies, I and my running mate are going to have a discussion about where it makes sense to cut spending. While it is our core priority to stimulate the economy by lowering massive federal tax rates for individuals and corporations, we regard it as equally important to lead Atlasia on a path towards a balanced budget.
thank you, very good to see you are so interested in it Smiley
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

Federal Budget

thank you, very good to see you are so interested in it Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2012, 05:25:59 AM »

Reliability, Courage, Clarity

Good morning Atlasia,

yesterday was a hectic but exciting day for Atlasia. Right now, there are six tickets in the race for President and Vice President. This leaves you with a hard choice, but Jbrase and I are convinced that we offer what Atlasia needs in these crucial times of change.

First of all, we are unapologetic with regards to our political views. What we say today still matters tomorrow. Unfortunately, too many candidates running for higher office have tried to disguise some of their views which they thought were unpopular in order to appeal to as many voters as possible. This isn't the case with us. The Atlasian people deserve to be treated with respect by their politicians and therefore sincerity is an essential aspect of our campaign.

Secondly, we are truly motivated to be President and Vice President. Should the Atlasian people hand over these key offices to politicians who have already been there but who have had enough of the job after just one single term? Or should Atlasians trust last-minute entries over a ticket which has been there from the very first day of this campaign and has demonstrated its dedication?
Do not put up with half-heartedness by the candidates, people of Atlasia, but instead have the courage to expect and demand passion! I and Jbrase are eager to be just that - passionate about the presidency and the vice-presidency.

Thirdly, our platform is out there. While numerous presidential tickets advocate failed policies of the left, we offer a vision of economic prosperity. We were the first in this campaign to propose massive tax cuts and have been vocal about our stances ever since. If you approve of the values reliability, courage and clarity ZuWo/Jbrase is your choice.

Thank you, and keep your hopes alive.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2012, 05:28:42 AM »

I do need to pick a little... I chose not to run again because I knew I couldn't be as active as I wanted to be for half the term, so I thought not running was the right thing to do.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »

ZuWo/Jbrase - the best ticket for regional rights

Friends and Supporters, Citizens of Atlasia,

One of my and Jbrase's core beliefs is that regional rights must be strengthened, not weakened even more. Atlasia is a country that is shaped by its individual and diverse regions, not by a central government. We are convinced that Nyman does not have the best solutions for regions as diverse as the Pacific and the South at the same time, but that effective legislation should be made in the individual regions wherever it is feasible.

A ZuWo/Jbrase administration will do everything to protect regional rights. We will veto bills that attempt to impose federal law on all regions unless there are clear constitutional reasons to support such legislation. We will work hard to repeal existing legislation which, in our view, violates regional rights. We can not work wonders, but we can vow to defend regional rights passionately.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »

Would you be in favor of private, market-based healthcare?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies