Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:52:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55943 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2012, 09:49:08 PM »

Any will do

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »

Ha!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »

To all Mideast citizens: Please contact me if you'd like to apply for the office of Superior Court Judge. Link to the relevant thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=154086.0
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »

I noticed there are at least two constitution amendments that have been passed by the Assembly but have never been voted on by the people, even though the constitution explicitly demands a popular vote.

The amendments in question are these:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=142670.0 (passed at the beginning of May 2012)

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=152401.0 (passed in late October 2011)

My question: Should these two amendments be brought to a popular vote without further delay or does the fact that these amendments have not been voted on by the people within the constitutionally defined time frame (first Thursday after having been passed by the Assembly) mean that these amendments have to be re-introduced and passed by the Assembly again?

I am grateful for any input because, frankly, I have no clue what to do with this.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2012, 11:43:07 AM »

After having received input on the question I raised in the previous post, I decided to bring the two amendments to a vote. Mideast citizens, please have your say on the two amendments in question and vote in this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=154158.new#new

Thank you!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »

I would like to welcome Vosem to our region!

Additionally, I kindly encourage the newly elected Assemblymembers to take their oaths of office (they take office on the first Friday after the election) etc.. In other words, get off your lazy behinds and work. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »

I would like to welcome wormyguy to our region. The libertarian fraction in the Mideast is getting more and more powerful, which has the potential to change the political dynamics of the Mideast in the long term. I am looking forward to a fruitful cooperation!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »

I would like to welcome wormyguy to our region. The libertarian fraction in the Mideast is getting more and more powerful, which has the potential to change the political dynamics of the Mideast in the long term. I am looking forward to a fruitful cooperation!

Oh no. 
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »

Oh no. 

Perhaps they're trying to start  for the Mideast?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »

Mideast Sex Crime Statute - tightening of the law

I am planning to tighten the Mideast Sex Crime Statute. While I find myself in agreement with the primary intent of the bill, I would like to see more severe punishments for certain sex crimes which involve very young children. For example, a section such as the following:

"Any sexual conduct with a person between the ages of 10 and 12 years by a person between the ages of 16 and 18 years is defined as statutory rape of the second degree."

should, in my view, be amended like this:

"Any sexual conduct with a person between the ages of 10 and 12 years by a person between the ages of 16 and 18 years is defined as statutory rape of the second first degree."

I am working on an amended version of said bill and will introduce it once I am finished. Input from other citizens is appreciated.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »

Amendment to the Mideast Sex Crime Statute introduced

Fellow citizens

I have introduced an amendment to the Mideast Sex Crime Statute, which is essentially a tightening of the law. I believe that our society must be sensitive when it comes to the issue of paedophilia (and I do think that when there is sexual contact between, for example, a 10-year old and a 17-year old the term paedophilia is appropriate, even if there appears to be mutual consent between the two individuals), and we must punish such crimes severely.

It's now up to the Assembly to make a decision on the issue at hand. I am open to minor amendments, but it is my firm conviction that the main thrust of this bill is right.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »

Will you also address human trafficking? It was something I wanted to work on until I was defeated last month.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

Will you also address human trafficking? It was something I wanted to work on until I was defeated last month.

This issue has not been on my radar so far, but I agree with you that such a despicable crime must be dealt with by the government. It may be, however, that this is an issue that should be addressed by the federal rather than a regional government. Thus, I encourage you to take action against human trafficking once you have been elected to the Senate. Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »

Will you also address human trafficking? It was something I wanted to work on until I was defeated last month

This issue has not been on my radar so far, but I agree with you that such a despicable crime must be dealt with by the government. It may be, however, that this is an issue that should be addressed by the federal rather than a regional government. Thus, I encourage you to take action against human trafficking once you have been elected to the Senate. Wink

If I get elected that is. My view is both regional and federal governments can partner on this issue. It will be likely the first thing I address before I attempt to take a sword to that budget.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »

Endorsement for President and Mideast Senator (1st and 2nd preferences)

I am going to make an official first- and second-preference endorsement in the election for President and in the regional Senate election after the conclusion of the Mideast Senate Debate (I have to preserve the appearance of being objective and neutral at least during the debate, after all Wink).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »

Mideast Senate Endorsement

I have decided to formally endorse former Mideast Assemblyman JCL in his bid for regional Senator. While I hold Senator Ben in high esteem, I have decided to support JCL because I find myself in agreement with him on a couple of crucial issues.

JCL is pro-life. Like many Mideast citizens he wants to protect the lives of unborn children.

JCL is for a smaller government. Our budget deficit is huge and JCL will be a Senator who fights for necessary cuts in the budget.

JCL is for lower tax rates. I have criticized the excessive Atlasian tax rates for a long time, and JCL is a Senator who will tackle this problem and be a vote for lower taxes.

JCL is for a reasonable foreign policy. Recognizing that we need to cooperate with our closest allies and support them when necessary, JCL understands that Atlasia has to be very cautious about interventions on foreign territory.

Numerous people from outside the region have tried to tell the citizens of the Mideast how to vote in this election. They have attacked JCL, called him names, portrayed him as insane and extreme and deliberately ignored his moderate approach to numerous issues, for example his stance on the environment or human trafficking. The lack of respect they have shown for JCL is disappointing. Indeed, that JCL responded to all of these accusations in a civil manner demonstrates his admirable character and makes me confident that he will become a respectable Senator.

We have two qualified candidates who are running for Senate. One of them is a self-described "progressive", the other candidate considers himself a "conservative". I encourage all citizens to look at the candidates' political stances when they make their decision. I have done that and I have come to conclusion that JCL will do a fine job representing the citizens of the Mideast in the Atlasian Senate.

Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »

On Saturday, June 23, I intend to temporarily resign from the Assembly so an active Mideast citizen can replace me and participate in the Assembly for those three weeks.

Due to A-Bob's resignation, which takes effect on June 23, there will be a vacancy in the Mideast Assembly. All Mideast citizens who are interested in an appointment are invited to step forward and contact me. I am planning to make a definite appointment as soon as possible.

Your Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2012, 02:39:34 AM »

Presidential and Regional Senate Election

Election for President:

[1] Clarence/Yelnoc
[2] Oakvale/Cincinnatus

Election for Mideast Senator:

[1] JCL
[2] Ben

For Atlasia
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2012, 04:33:53 AM »

I have introduced the following bill to the Mideast Assembly:

I would like to see the Mideast Cell Phone Ban Statute repealed because of the Car Safety Act which was passed during the last session. Indeed, this Act makes the Mideast Cell Phone Ban Statute redundant.

As to the amendment of the Mideast Soldier Memorial Act: I think it's a nice way to honor our fellow Atlasian and war veteran Clarence on behalf of all war veterans. This measure doesn't cost us anything and it expresses our respect for those who have fought for this country.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »

Unofficial Regional Senate Count

After 9 votes:

Ben: 6 votes
JCL: 3 votes

Ben has a small lead because his voters have turned out very well so far. Yet, none of these votes have been a real surprise. It remains to be seen whether JCL's voter base will turn out in similar numbers.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2012, 02:21:15 AM »

Updated Unofficial Regional Senate Count

After 13 votes

Ben: 10 votes
JCL: 3 votes

JCL still has room to grow but Ben is strongly favored to win at this point.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »

Mideast Assembly Appointment

I have decided to appoint citizen RogueBeaver to the Mideast Assembly. I wish RogueBeaver all the best in his new office. At the same time I'd like to thank the outgoing Assemblyman A-Bob for his service to the region and hope he will return to elective office as soon as possible.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: June 23, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »

Amendment to the Mideast Sex Crime Statute introduced

Fellow citizens

I have introduced an amendment to the Mideast Sex Crime Statute, which is essentially a tightening of the law. I believe that our society must be sensitive when it comes to the issue of paedophilia (and I do think that when there is sexual contact between, for example, a 10-year old and a 17-year old the term paedophilia is appropriate, even if there appears to be mutual consent between the two individuals), and we must punish such crimes severely.

It's now up to the Assembly to make a decision on the issue at hand. I am open to minor amendments, but it is my firm conviction that the main thrust of this bill is right.

You say ten year old here but the law says fifteen.

A year in prison because a seventeen year old has sex with his or her fifteen year old significant other is unreasonable. That could be a high school junior and sophomore.

Can you explain to the region why you are pushing this?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »

Mideast Assembly Appointment

I have decided to appoint citizen RogueBeaver to the Mideast Assembly. I wish RogueBeaver all the best in his new office. At the same time I'd like to thank the outgoing Assemblyman A-Bob for his service to the region and hope he will return to elective office as soon as possible.
Congratulations, RogueBeaver!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #299 on: June 25, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »

I am going to step down as chairman of the Whig Party

Fellow members of the Whig Party

The elections for President and Mideast Senator are over. The Whig Party has fielded conservative candidates in both races and has tried to win these elections. Personally, I have been heavily involved in Clarence's and JCL's campaign. Sadly, despite all our efforts we lost. Therefore, I am ready to accept my share of responsibility and have decided to take the necessary actions. Concretely, I will not run for re-election as party chairman at the next convention in August. I am not resigning immediately because I want to give members of this party who are interested in this office enough time to prepare for the chairmanship.

I have enjoyed being chairman of the Whig Party and will remain involved in the activities of this party. I enjoy my job as Mideast Governor, which fully occupies me and is great entertainment. Additionally, I will continue to make efforts to recruit new conservative members to the game and the party and will help in future GOTV operations. However, now is the time for a change in leadership. With a new chairman who is capable of fulfilling this role I see a bright future for our party.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported the conservative cause during the last election.

Sincerely

ZuWo
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies