Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:37:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 56028 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »

Announcement of re-election campaign

I have made the decision that I will run for re-election as Mideast Governor in September. I am still in the first half of my tenure but I can say now already that I really enjoy the job and am motivated to continue my work. I want to support future efforts to make this region even more vibrant and I believe the governorship is a very good place for that.
It's still very early, so the actual re-election campaign will only start in August or early September. I merely thought it would be fair to let you know about my intentions once I have my decision. I am looking forward to an exciting but fair election campaign - I am convinced that the increased activity the region has experienced during the last months will result in a real and interesting race for Governor.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2012, 08:58:05 PM »

As Mideast correspondent for The People, what do you see as the highlights, accomplishments, & even failures of your term so far? What would you like to do moving forward?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »

As Mideast correspondent for The People, what do you see as the highlights, accomplishments, & even failures of your term so far? What would you like to do moving forward?

Thank you for the question.

Highlights:

- Franzl's ruling on the Mideast Abortion Statute
- the population growth
- more activity in the region
- the formation of a group of citizens who are dedicated to the debate of reforms
- the prospect of an exciting Assembly election in July

Accomplishments:

- the appointment of a capable new judge as well as the appointment of RogueBeaver, a newbie, to the Assembly
- the first measures to update the wiki
- the introduction of several bills dealing with a variety of issues and, hopefully, their passing
- the first "Questioning the Power" session in recent regional history - I am confident that this will pick up steam in the coming months

Future plans and challenges:

- continue my cooperation with the Assembly to get good bills and useful reforms passed
- tackling the regional budget
- and, frankly, my re-election, which I think will be a major challenge
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:20 PM »

Endorsed of course... wish I could vote for you!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2012, 03:55:33 PM »

Endorsed of course... wish I could vote for you!

A delayed "thank you", Clarence.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »

Endorsed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2012, 03:47:50 AM »

I thank all of you, Clarence, Yelnoc, Hagrid and Oakvale, for your endorsement.

This is going to be an uphill climb. But I am ready and prepared to accept this challenge.

If you support me you will not get the perfect Governor. I make mistakes. I have introduced bills which, in hindsight, I could have written better. I have put forward ideas which, at second glance, weren't ideal. There are issues where I feel competent but there are some areas where I know there is still a lot I can learn. I repeat: If you support me you will not get a perfect Governor.

But if you support me you will get a Governor who is authentic. A Governor who is consistent in his views - someone who doesn't hold a certain point of view because it's the most popular thing to do but because he believes it's the right thing to do. I am a Governor who is reliable and predictable. I am loyal to my friends and am willing to listen to people who have ideas which differ from my own plans.

And I am ready to work for this region. I took office more than a month ago and had to fix a couple of things; the office of Superior Court Judge was vacant, the wiki hadn't been updated in a long while, two constitutional amendments had not been brought to a vote, bills hadn't been signed, there was only little interaction between the Governor's mansion and the citizens of this region. This has changed. Partly because of my own work and partly thanks to the help of various citizens we have been able to turn around this region. The Mideast is again a vibrant and active place.

Therefore, if you think the Mideast is better off now than it was when I took office, please consider supporting me. I will continue my work for this region and would be extremely pleased to receive your help.

Thank you

Governor ZuWo
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2012, 07:47:14 AM »

To me, what it looks like is that some people who normally might be supporting you, are instead running in order to harp on about buzzwords like "competitiveness" and whatnot. In my mind, you shouldn't change what works. I gladly endorse you for Governor of the Mideast. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

To me, what it looks like is that some people who normally might be supporting you, are instead running in order to harp on about buzzwords like "competitiveness" and whatnot. In my mind, you shouldn't change what works. I gladly endorse you for Governor of the Mideast. Smiley

Thank you Cathcon, I appreciate your support. I agree - never change a winning team! Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »

It is very nice to see that 70 percent of the Mideast citizens currently approve of my job performance.
However, it's even greater that ten Mideast citizens participated in the poll. This unusually high number shows that our region is becoming more and more vibrant and active again. Thanks to everyone who has voted and who is ready to help improve our region!
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »

I'm not in the Mideast region, but I'll endorse you for re-election in spirit!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2012, 06:50:00 AM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

I'm not in the Mideast region, but I'll endorse you for re-election in spirit!

Thanks a lot! Smiley

I encourage the citizens of the Mideast to take a look behind vague rhetoric, claims that cannnot be substantiated and objectively inaccurate statements that they may encounter during the election campaign. My campaign will not make use of buzzwords and empty talking points. Indeed, I am determiend to focus on substance rather than appearance.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2012, 08:31:30 AM »

I hereby sign the

Repeal of Outdated and Unenforceable Acts Statute

Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »

I hereby sign the

Miscellaneous Act

Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2012, 09:53:54 AM »

Amendment of the Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute

I have introduced the following piece of legislation, which - you would not believe it! - aims to liberalize the existing regional laws that deal with times of alcohol sales. I will make my case for the amendment as soon as it on the Assembly floor.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »

I have made an effort to update the "Statute" section of the Mideast wiki. Nearly all bills and amendments that have been discussed in the last months and years now have short articles dedicated to them and a link to the appropriate debate threads. The "Statute" section is very useful if you want to introduce a bill to the Assembly and you need to do some research (e.g. to check whether the bill you intend to write already exists) or if you are simply curious about the history of our region.

Have fun!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2012, 01:08:46 PM »

I have updated the Mideast Vital Civic Information Thread. The thread now reads as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2012, 04:26:00 AM »

Latest polling shows a small lead for the Governor

The election is still two months ahead of us but the latest gubernatorial poll which was carried out by "ScottSurveys" is encouraging for the Governor. Polls like these obviously have to be taken with a grain of salt and at least one more relibale poll will be conducted at a later point of the campaign with the help of NE Lt. Governor Simfan, but this poll is a reason for optimism nonetheless and suggests the region is currently on the right track.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »

Keep up the good work, ZuWo. I'm rootin' for ya up there.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2012, 05:48:41 AM »

Keep up the good work, ZuWo. I'm rootin' for ya up there.

Thank you, Hagrid.

In all modesty, I think it can be said that active Governors have a positive impact on the region, and the Mideast is an example of this. However, there are more examples; the NE and the IDS also have active Governors who take their jobs seriously and as a result these regions are vibrant as well.
Therefore, I encourage all citizens - regardless of whether they are Mideasterners, Northeasterners or Southerners, liberals, conservatives or moderates - to re-elect those incumbents who they think are doing a good job.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »

I am pleased to see yet another poll which shows that many citizens approve of the work I and the serving Assemblymembers are doing. This is a great motivation for the rest of my first term. Thank you, Mideast!

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=155674.0
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

Governor,

As a former everything-but-President I try to look in on Atlasia from time-to-time: I'm mightily impressed with how you are striving to make the Mideast active through the Wiki and generally through engaging with the populace. From experience, its something of a rarity, so keep it up.

Peter
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2012, 02:50:16 AM »

Thank you very much, Peter. I did not have the opportunity to work with you, but I've seen on the wiki that you contributed a lot to the game and the region, which is why your encouraging comments are a great honor.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies