Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:41:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 56071 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:20 AM »

Citizens,

it's time for a new question time session. Please ask if you have any questions regarding my job as Governor.

Question Time (August edition)

In accordance to the "Questioning the Power Act", I hereby open the third question time session of my tenure. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #376 on: August 27, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »

The following bill has passed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #377 on: August 27, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

The following bill has passed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »

I hereby sign the

Mideast Internet Freedom Act and the Common Courtesy While Driving Act.

Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »

Four more months of success: Re-elect Governor ZuWo

Good morning citizens of the Mideast

I stand before you today to announce that I am seeking re-election as Mideast Governor. Since I took office in May I have always enjoyed this office and I still have as much energy and motivation as on the first day I entered the Governor's mansion. I don't want to waste too many words but instead I want to get straight to the facts.
The Mideast is a better, stronger, more active and more vibrant region than it was just three months ago. Together with the Assembly and you, people of the Mideast, great things have been achieved in the last weeks and months.

- For the first time in the history the Mideast, a regional budget has been introduced to the Assembly.
- The most important regional wiki pages, which have been neglected for a long time, have been updated.
- I appointed Franzl, a highly competent Atlasian, to the office of Mideast Superior Court Judge.
- The number of Mideast citizens has risen from 25 in late May to 35 at the end of August while the number of citizens in most other regions has stagnated. Clearly, this reflects the renewed attractiveness and high level of activity in our region.
- Communication between the government and the people has been improved by regular updates in my office thread, the launch of the question time sessions and the introduction of a monthly gubernatorial newsletter.
- As a quick glance at the "Regional Government" board shows, the Mideast Assembly is now the most active regional legislature. As Governor, I have put forward several bills, ranging from the budget and issues such as veterans’ affairs to a pragmatic reform of the "Mideast Sex Crime Statute".
- Well-intended but detrimental reform ideas, such as the "Assembly-Size Amendment" and the "Re-Establishing the Lt. Governor Amendment", were debated and ultimately rejected while sensible ideas ideas like the "Amendment of the Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute" were approved by the people.
- I launched the idea of a Atlasian gubernatorial conference, which has recently been taken up by Northeast Governor Nix and will, if implemented, help to improve the cooperation between the Atlasian Governors and, among many other benefits this idea has, can make sure that the Mideast will be heard in Atlasia.

To sum up, my tenure as Governor has been marked by increased regional activity, better communication between the government and the people, pragmatism and common-sense solutions for the Mideast. For these reasons and because I intend to continue my work in a similar way, I ask you for your vote.

I want to conclude this speech with a few quotes by one of the founding fathers of present-day Atlasia, Peter Bell, Senator-elect HagridoftheDeep, Northeast Governor Nix and former Mideast Governor A-Bob.

Governor,

As a former everything-but-President I try to look in on Atlasia from time-to-time: I'm mightily impressed with how you are striving to make the Mideast active through the Wiki and generally through engaging with the populace. From experience, its something of a rarity, so keep it up.

Peter

If I was a Mideasterner, it would still be ZuWo in a heartbeat. [...]I see no reason why ZuWo should lose the confidence of his electorate. Very effective governor.

[...] There has been no citizen more active in the last year. Leading the charge for the revival of the budget and a transformed Assembly as new citizens emerge and other return, sparking activity. Governor ZuWo has done the hard and dirty work. He has updated the wiki page, a part of the job that was has been outright ignored in some administrations since the beginning of this modern government. Governor ZuWo already has the leadership and initiative we are looking for, so I ask you to vote for his re-election. [...] Join me in supporting Governor ZuWo's path forward to another term! He is the best man for the job.

Former Governor A-Bob

Vote for four more months of success!

Governor ZuWo

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2012, 08:16:50 AM »

Endorsed.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #381 on: August 28, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #382 on: August 28, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »

Thank you, Pingvin and Supersonic.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #383 on: August 28, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »

Whatever you need, I'm at your disposal. You have my full and enthusiastic support. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #384 on: August 28, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »

Thank you, Hagrid.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »

I am proud to endorse Governor ZuWo in his next bid for governor.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #386 on: August 28, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »

Thank you, Snowstalker! The Whigs and Labor unite ... Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »

I wholeheartedly approve of Governor ZuWo and he has a close to impeccable record. I am completely on the fence at this point regarding his election. An excellent incumbent versus an excellent challenger.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #388 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

Thank you, TexasDem. By leading a campaign of real substance and a clear focus on the issues, I hope to show you and other citizens that I am willing and able to do a good job for four more months.

On the Mideast Budget

The groundwork for the Mideast Budget was laid by former Governor A-Bob and numerous GMs, including the current GM shua who has helped me and the Assembly on several occasions. I applaud them for their hard work. While the introduction of the first budget in the history of the Mideast occurred in my tenure, we should remember that this would not have been possible without the efforts of these people.

The original budget proposal showed a deficit of $32 billion. In order to balance the budget, the Assembly has decided to raise the beer taxes to $0.30 per gallon, which resulted in an additional revenue of $150 million. Subsequently, I have put forward two amendments which seek to do away with certain tax breaks. If these two amendments are passed by the Assembly, our deficit will be smaller but we will still have to deal with a $22 billion debt. Although I can't promise to balance the budget completely, I will try to propose other cuts in the next days. This will be a difficult and painful process but it would be irresponsible to burden our future generations with an overly high debt. I don't necessarily ask you for your support for every single cut, but for your understanding. In hard times like these, unpopular decisions must be made.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #389 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »

In the race for Governor of the Mideast there are 2 qualified candidates, and if either won I am sure the ME would be just fine. However only one can win. The incumbent in the race, Governor ZuWo, has had a great term as governor and has done the Mideast well. I cannot think of any reason why he should be thrown out of office.

Today I am here to announce I stand with Governor ZuWo and ask the fine citizens of the Mideast to do likewise.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »

In the race for Governor of the Mideast there are 2 qualified candidates, and if either won I am sure the ME would be just fine. However only one can win. The incumbent in the race, Governor ZuWo, has had a great term as governor and has done the Mideast well. I cannot think of any reason why he should be thrown out of office.

Today I am here to announce I stand with Governor ZuWo and ask the fine citizens of the Mideast to do likewise.

Thank you, Jbrase! I will make sure to spend a couple of Dibbles - who cares if they are illegal or not! - to boost the Southern economy on my next trip to the IDS. Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »

Is the dibble backed by something other than thin air?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »

The dibble is made of gold and silver, so presumably it's backed by the market value of those metals.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »

I'm not sure about the current legal status of the Dibble, but knowing those stubborn and independent people in the IDS I assume they're still using it. Wink

On an unrelated note:

Citizens,

the latest edition of the "Governor's monthly newsletter" has been published. In the newsletter you will find a quick overview of the most important actions and events in the Mideast in the month of August.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=155469.0

Have fun!

Governor ZuWo

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »

Are Dibbles even manufactured anymore? Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »

Are Dibbles even manufactured anymore? Tongue

Yes, and legally I might add. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »

The dibble is made of gold and silver, so presumably it's backed by the market value of those metals.

Being a proponent of commodity base currency I'm happy to hear it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #397 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »

Being a proponent of commodity base currency I'm happy to hear it.

Back when I was Senator, I proposed a bill to put Atlasia on the gold standard. It failed, but the fight continues.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #398 on: August 29, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »

What about putting it (the currency) on oil and natural gas?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »

I do no think this is the right thread for this discussion Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies