Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55803 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: August 29, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »

I do no think this is the right thread for this discussion Tongue

Well, it's my fault really. Why did I have to mention the Dibble to begin with? Tongue

On a more serious note, the IDS has always been my second-favorite region because I like the South's particular regional identity. If I ever left the Mideast for some reason - though I don't have such plans at the moment - I would move to the IDS.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

Yes, the IDS does sound like a very freedom-region, and this talk of Dibbles, which I assume are their own currency, intrigues me even more as to the ways of our Southern brethren.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my proud endorsement of Governor ZuWo in his bid for reelection.  His record as Mideast governor has been not only unquestionably pro-liberty, but unquestioningly Atlasian in nature.  As governor, ZuWo has reached across the aisle on many occasions to the benefit of the people of the Mideast.  His record speaks for itself; it's morning again in the Mideast, and not only does Governor ZuWo deserve to be re-elected, but he deserves the support of every Mideasterner whose life has been improved under ZuWo's time leading your region.  Thank you, God Bless you, God Bless Governor ZuWo, and God Bless Atlasia!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »

Thank you, Jerseyrules. I appreciate your support. Smiley

On Jobs and the Economy

Too many Atlasians don't have a job at the moment. Indeed, the most recent unemployment figures, which have been released by GM shua, show that 8.1% of the Atlasian people are jobless. While the figures for the Mideast are better - the jobless rate is at 6.9% - we are far away from a satisfactory employment situation.
Before we call for drastic measures by the regional government we have to keep in mind that the Mideast is part of a national and, at an increasing rate, a global economy. In fact, our economy is subject to many trends that we, as a regional government, cannot influence. At the same time, the Mideast faces a looming budget deficit so there is no money we can spend on a stimulus package which is big enough to have a positive impact. While some may now demand higher taxes across the board I believe that this is not an effective path to pursue. Our primary goal must be to make sure that we maintain and create a positive setting for private enterprises. Thus, I will not seek to raise regional taxes and am determined to avoid unnecessary and excessive regulations of private businesses. Private businesses are the backbone of our economy and we cannot afford to put obstacles in their way. At the same time, it is imperative that the federal laws on the maximum number of working hours per week are loosened. In fact, the federal Senate passed a bill last year which limited the maximum number of working hours per week to little over 30 hours a week. If we compare this to the maximum number of working hours in other global economies, we can conclude that this is a policy that is hardly pursued by any other country and does not have a future. In order to make our economy more competitive again, such laws must be repealed.

Citizens, I ask for your understanding in such dire economic times and assure you that I care deeply about the hardship of many Mideasterners.

Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »

I believe that I've mentioned it before, but I want to make it clear that your re-election effort has my full support. You deserve a second term as much as the Mideast deserves your proven, active leadership.

Thank you very much, Governor. Smiley Needless to say, I approve of your active role as Northeast Governor as well and think it would be to the benefit of your region if you ran for re-election.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »

If re-elected Governor, would you be open to working with other regional officers on infrastructure projects? Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »

If re-elected Governor, would you be open to working with other regional officers on infrastructure projects? Smiley

I am open to almost everything, so yes. Wink

On a serious note, since there is still a lot Atlasia can do in terms of improving public transport, power supply, roads etc. I think this is an important area. Many of these projects very expensive but in some cases we don't have a choice and have to invest to be ready for the future.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2012, 04:34:12 AM »

Survey Atlasia Poll: Regional Executive Approval Poll

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=158185.0

The latest regional executive approval poll, commissioned by Survey Atlasia, showed that 8 out of 10 Mideasterners (80%) approve of the job I am doing. I would like to thank the people of the Mideast for this sign of confidence in my administration and promise to do all I can not to let them down. Furthermore, I am happy that most of my colleagues also receveived good marks from the citizens of their respective regions.

Four more months of success!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »

On a dangerous piece of legislation: The Marriage Revenge Initiative

Citizens,

I would like to direct your attention to the following initiative, the "Marriage Revenge Initiative", proposed by Senator-elect Marokai and supported by a couple of citizens, including my opponent Tmthforu94.

Now what does the text of the initiative say? Let's have a closer look at this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As can be gleaned from the title of this initiative, this piece of legislation is based on a principle of "revenge". It seeks to divide and discriminate. Indeed, as the text of the initiative undoubtedly shows, only a same-sex union shall be considered a "marriage", while unions between men and women are simple "civil unions".

Let's be clear about this: Same-sex couples have the same rights as heterosexual couples in present-day Atlasia. Recognizing that this is the political will of an overwhelming majority of the Atlasian people, I have never tried to taken any measures to change that, nor will I do so in the future. This initiative, however, attempts to put heterosexual couples at a clear disadvantage. Indeed, this is a policy that isn't pursued even by the hard left in the real world!

I stand for fairness, and I therefore oppose this initiative. My political convictions are not based on the principle of "revenge", so I ask you to join me in this battle against a discriminatory and divisive initiative. The September elections for Governor offer a stark contrast.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »

Actually, I'm going to remove my signature from that initiative - upon request from a friend, I signed all initiatives without looking, mainly because I'd like to see the initiative process in full-effect at the federal level, something I've never seen in my many years here. I will remove it, however, because I strongly disagree with some of the language in the initiative and it's something I don't even want to risk getting to a public vote.

Feel free to continue to attack me for originally signing onto this. It won't bother me, though it may distract from more important issues facing our region. Smiley But, on the awful scenario that this is brought to a public vote, the people of the Mideast and Atlasia will see how I really stand on this issue, which is opposition.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »

You had the chance to look at the bill twice: First you wanted to sign all of the bills at the same time and then you signed them again individually. You either don't read the things you support or you are not telling the truth here because you are changing your point of view based on what you think is the most popular thing to do at the moment. Either way, this is troubling.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

You had the chance to look at the bill twice: First you wanted to sign all of the bills at the same time and then you signed them again individually. You either don't read the things you support or you are not telling the truth here because you are changing your point of view based on what you think is the most popular thing to do at the moment. Either way, this is troubling.
You're right - I didn't read the bill through before signing it. But that's where your argument ends.  I removed the signature not because I think it was the popular thing to do, but because I believe that initiative is just wrong and dangerous for Atlasia, and we can't even let it get to a public vote.

No, this is not "troubling". This is you just throwing another petty attack at me, which does nothing but distract voters of the important issues facing our region. Please take your campaign of division and negativity elsewhere. This does nothing to benefit Mideasterners.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »

The facts are crystal clear: The text of the initiative was there, you signed the initiative twice. We all know that you are literate so saying you simply didn't read the text of the initiative is not a very credible claim to make.
And even in the improbable case that you didn't throw a single glance at the text of the initiative, I am a bit concerned about how you are going to deal with bills in the Assembly should you be Governor. As Governor, one actually has to read the bills before signing them.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »

Oh my this is getting bizarre.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

The facts are crystal clear: The text of the initiative was there, you signed the initiative twice. We all know that you are literate so saying you simply didn't read the text of the initiative is not a very credible claim to make.
And even in the improbable case that you didn't throw a single glance at the text of the initiative, I am a bit concerned about how you are going to deal with bills in the Assembly should you be Governor. As Governor, one actually has to read the bills before signing them.
I think I know what it takes to be an executive - I've served as President and Governor in this game, and I thoroughly read every single bill that ever crossed my desk. I currently am one of the most active people in the Assembly, despite having no official position, and have read through each bill that has been proposed for several months now.

If the good people of the Mideast give me the opportunity to serve as their Governor a month from now, I will continue my proven record as both Governor and President of being thoroughly informed on each bill before signing.

In this thread, ZuWo has once again suggested that I am a liar, which is just another attempt by him to turn this race into a dirty bloodbath, something I certainly do not want. And ZuWo, don't act like you're "concerned" about how I'm going to deal with bills - you're just trying to use this as another attack on me, something you've been very committed to doing ever since I formed my exploratory committee.

If any Mideast citizens has real concerns about this, and aren't just trying to score political points from it, I'd be more than happy to have a serious discussion with you about it in my campaign thread, where an official statement from the campaign will be released later today. Thank you!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »

Signing a petition to put something to a vote is not the same as signing a bill into law.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2012, 02:31:46 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2012, 02:34:15 PM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

I am aware that you are uncomfortable about this discussion because this topic clearly shows your erratic behavior so it's understandable that you therefore desperately try to paint this as an irrelevant attack. However, the fact that you expressed your support for this initiative twice and then claimed that you didn't read the initiative as soon as you noticed that people started opposing the initiative calls your judgement and reliability into serious question.
The citizens of the Mideast should be made aware of this incident because they need a Governor they can trust and a Governor who is willing to defend the decisions he makes even if these decisions may be unpopular. I have proven my ability to defend unpopular decisions when it came to the "Common Courtesy While Driving Act" and the cuts that have to be made in the Mideast Budget. We need consistent officeholders, and that's why I am running for re-election.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

Signing a petition to put something to a vote is not the same as signing a bill into law.

That's true. But signing a petition twice and claiming one hasn't even read the petition is, as has been stated in this thread earlier on, "bizarre".
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »

Please do not question my motives for removing my signature - The bill is a dangerous bill that shouldn't be brought to a public vote. This has nothing to do with trying to make a popular decision - I just realized I made a mistake, and thankfully was able to correct it. I'm sure the good people of the Mideast will see that, forgive me, and we can all move on. Smiley

In my thread, earlier today, a question was brought up about the budget, an issue in which I have several disagreements with you on. Unlike the attacks you're currently throwing at me, this is an issue that actually has Mideasterners interested in, and I'd love to have a discussion with you and other Mideasterners, whether here, in my campaign thread, or in the Budget thread, about the pro's and con's of slicing tax benefits in half, which is what your proposed amendment does.

Also, thank you, I've never been called erratic before! Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »

You didn't consider the initiative "dangerous" until you noticed that your support of the initiative could hurt you politically (this explains why you only deleted your signature after I made my first public comment on this issue). You signed the initiative twice, after all. Such incidents must be made public because they reveal a lot about a candidate's character.

And I am ready to have a serious debate on the budget any time. Indeed, a substantial contribution of yours on the budget has yet to appear. While you said that education spending shouldn't be cut and that you oppose my plans, we have not heard concrete ideas from you on how we should cut the budget. It seems that if you had your way, we would still be stuck at a $32 billion deficit rather than be faced with a $22 billion deficit where we are right now thanks to my amendments.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »

I actually considered the initiative dangerous the moment I read the text, which was just today, but to be honest, you can believe whatever you want to believe on this. There are more important fish to fry right now in our region.

And now, when I try to have a serious, healthy discussion on the budget, this is just another example of you trying to score political points at every chance you get. This isn't the mentality that is needed to create a successful working budget.

Actually, and I'm sure he'll back me up on this, JCL and I have been working for a few days now on ways to make cuts to the budget without causing deep economic troubles, which is what I fear your amendment could do to middle-class families. The campaign just started, but before the election, I plan to come out with my own plan on what I'd do with our budget.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »

I leave the answer to the following question up to the Mideast people:

How likely is it that an ordinary citizen signs a petition twice without even throwing a single glance at the text of the petition? Moreover, how likely is it that a candidate running for Governor fails to read a petition and then goes on to sign it twice to express his support for the petition?

Regarding the budget discussion, there is a problem with your approach. In fact, the budget has to be passed in the current legislative session just like any other regular bill. If you are going to withhold your own budget proposals until a few days before the election because you intend to criticize the existing amendments to the budget without actually taking a clear stance, you are delaying the entire process, which hurts the Mideast.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »

I leave the answer to the following question up to the Mideast people:

How likely is it that an ordinary citizen signs a petition twice without even throwing a single glance at the text of the petition? Moreover, how likely is it that a candidate running for Governor fails to read a petition and then goes on to sign it twice to express his support for the petition?
Anyone who knows me and knows my record know that I would not lie on something like this. I haven't had one "ordinary citizen" express concerns over my actions, only you, who's just doing this as a political stunt. The Mideast region deserves better than such a negative, hateful campaign.

ZuWo, I never stated I'm going to "withhold" my own budget proposals until a couple days before the election. Quit putting words in my mouth. I'm currently hard at work with JCL at finding a way to get a balanced budget without crippling our economy. As soon as we have something ready, it will be presented, and I suppose that'll be my proposal. However, I'd love to work with you on this proposal as well, even though your my opponent, because this is something that needs to get done. Smiley Please let me know if you'd like to work with us on this - I'm sure JCL would agree that we'd love to have you working with us.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »

Your record in Atlasia is, unfortunately, not the best when it comes to the question whether or not you tell the truth all the time. In fact, as I know from first-hand experience plenty of Atlasians are disgruntled with your behavior both in the past and the present, but I guess you know that better than myself. That's why the question I asked above still stands.

Also, the fact remains that you only criticized my amendments to the budget several days after I had introduced them, and you still refuse to state what concrete budget cuts you would like to make. As long as you don't do that, you are not a credible critic of the current budget proposals.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »

Your record in Atlasia is, unfortunately, not the best when it comes to the question whether or not you tell the truth all the time. In fact, as I know from first-hand experience plenty of Atlasians are disgruntled with your behavior both in the past and the present, but I guess you know that better than myself. That's why the question I asked above still stands.

Also, the fact remains that you only criticized my amendments to the budget several days after I had introduced them, and you still refuse to state what concrete budget cuts you would like to make. As long as you don't do that, you are not a credible critic of the current budget proposals.

Okay. Smiley If there are so many Atlasians disgruntled with my behavior, I'll be waiting for them to come out during this campaign. Once again, please take this campaign of negativity and division elsewhere - This isn't about improving the Mideast for you, this is just about trying to smear your opponent so you can get another term. That's not what this election is about by any means.

If you would read the PM I just sent you, you would be able to see what we're thinking about doing. My offer still stands - feel free to respond to that PM whenever, and I'll be happy to work with you on coming up with solutions for our region's budget. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies