Office of ZuWo (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55827 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel asks...

Why do you have an orange avater? Typically (and by typically, I mean most people, not everyone) people with orange avater's are more liberal, and considering you're both economically and socially conservative, we'd expect you to be sporting a blue avater.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »

Though you haven't made it higher than the Assembly, I think the work you've done there is commendable, and I know you'd certainly be an active President.

This makes my vote all the more harder.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »

I think we should also begin discussion in Government on giving a 0% tax rate to a business during its first year, and a significantly lowered rate for business that moves here from over seas.

I believe this is a necessary step to make Atlasia truly competitive in the global market.   
I actually like this idea.

Will proposed spending cuts be proposed soon?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »

I'm don't know why I didn't do this back when you first announced...

Endorsed! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »

Actually, I'm going to remove my signature from that initiative - upon request from a friend, I signed all initiatives without looking, mainly because I'd like to see the initiative process in full-effect at the federal level, something I've never seen in my many years here. I will remove it, however, because I strongly disagree with some of the language in the initiative and it's something I don't even want to risk getting to a public vote.

Feel free to continue to attack me for originally signing onto this. It won't bother me, though it may distract from more important issues facing our region. Smiley But, on the awful scenario that this is brought to a public vote, the people of the Mideast and Atlasia will see how I really stand on this issue, which is opposition.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

You had the chance to look at the bill twice: First you wanted to sign all of the bills at the same time and then you signed them again individually. You either don't read the things you support or you are not telling the truth here because you are changing your point of view based on what you think is the most popular thing to do at the moment. Either way, this is troubling.
You're right - I didn't read the bill through before signing it. But that's where your argument ends.  I removed the signature not because I think it was the popular thing to do, but because I believe that initiative is just wrong and dangerous for Atlasia, and we can't even let it get to a public vote.

No, this is not "troubling". This is you just throwing another petty attack at me, which does nothing but distract voters of the important issues facing our region. Please take your campaign of division and negativity elsewhere. This does nothing to benefit Mideasterners.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

The facts are crystal clear: The text of the initiative was there, you signed the initiative twice. We all know that you are literate so saying you simply didn't read the text of the initiative is not a very credible claim to make.
And even in the improbable case that you didn't throw a single glance at the text of the initiative, I am a bit concerned about how you are going to deal with bills in the Assembly should you be Governor. As Governor, one actually has to read the bills before signing them.
I think I know what it takes to be an executive - I've served as President and Governor in this game, and I thoroughly read every single bill that ever crossed my desk. I currently am one of the most active people in the Assembly, despite having no official position, and have read through each bill that has been proposed for several months now.

If the good people of the Mideast give me the opportunity to serve as their Governor a month from now, I will continue my proven record as both Governor and President of being thoroughly informed on each bill before signing.

In this thread, ZuWo has once again suggested that I am a liar, which is just another attempt by him to turn this race into a dirty bloodbath, something I certainly do not want. And ZuWo, don't act like you're "concerned" about how I'm going to deal with bills - you're just trying to use this as another attack on me, something you've been very committed to doing ever since I formed my exploratory committee.

If any Mideast citizens has real concerns about this, and aren't just trying to score political points from it, I'd be more than happy to have a serious discussion with you about it in my campaign thread, where an official statement from the campaign will be released later today. Thank you!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »

Please do not question my motives for removing my signature - The bill is a dangerous bill that shouldn't be brought to a public vote. This has nothing to do with trying to make a popular decision - I just realized I made a mistake, and thankfully was able to correct it. I'm sure the good people of the Mideast will see that, forgive me, and we can all move on. Smiley

In my thread, earlier today, a question was brought up about the budget, an issue in which I have several disagreements with you on. Unlike the attacks you're currently throwing at me, this is an issue that actually has Mideasterners interested in, and I'd love to have a discussion with you and other Mideasterners, whether here, in my campaign thread, or in the Budget thread, about the pro's and con's of slicing tax benefits in half, which is what your proposed amendment does.

Also, thank you, I've never been called erratic before! Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »

I actually considered the initiative dangerous the moment I read the text, which was just today, but to be honest, you can believe whatever you want to believe on this. There are more important fish to fry right now in our region.

And now, when I try to have a serious, healthy discussion on the budget, this is just another example of you trying to score political points at every chance you get. This isn't the mentality that is needed to create a successful working budget.

Actually, and I'm sure he'll back me up on this, JCL and I have been working for a few days now on ways to make cuts to the budget without causing deep economic troubles, which is what I fear your amendment could do to middle-class families. The campaign just started, but before the election, I plan to come out with my own plan on what I'd do with our budget.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »

I leave the answer to the following question up to the Mideast people:

How likely is it that an ordinary citizen signs a petition twice without even throwing a single glance at the text of the petition? Moreover, how likely is it that a candidate running for Governor fails to read a petition and then goes on to sign it twice to express his support for the petition?
Anyone who knows me and knows my record know that I would not lie on something like this. I haven't had one "ordinary citizen" express concerns over my actions, only you, who's just doing this as a political stunt. The Mideast region deserves better than such a negative, hateful campaign.

ZuWo, I never stated I'm going to "withhold" my own budget proposals until a couple days before the election. Quit putting words in my mouth. I'm currently hard at work with JCL at finding a way to get a balanced budget without crippling our economy. As soon as we have something ready, it will be presented, and I suppose that'll be my proposal. However, I'd love to work with you on this proposal as well, even though your my opponent, because this is something that needs to get done. Smiley Please let me know if you'd like to work with us on this - I'm sure JCL would agree that we'd love to have you working with us.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »

Your record in Atlasia is, unfortunately, not the best when it comes to the question whether or not you tell the truth all the time. In fact, as I know from first-hand experience plenty of Atlasians are disgruntled with your behavior both in the past and the present, but I guess you know that better than myself. That's why the question I asked above still stands.

Also, the fact remains that you only criticized my amendments to the budget several days after I had introduced them, and you still refuse to state what concrete budget cuts you would like to make. As long as you don't do that, you are not a credible critic of the current budget proposals.

Okay. Smiley If there are so many Atlasians disgruntled with my behavior, I'll be waiting for them to come out during this campaign. Once again, please take this campaign of negativity and division elsewhere - This isn't about improving the Mideast for you, this is just about trying to smear your opponent so you can get another term. That's not what this election is about by any means.

If you would read the PM I just sent you, you would be able to see what we're thinking about doing. My offer still stands - feel free to respond to that PM whenever, and I'll be happy to work with you on coming up with solutions for our region's budget. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »

The only case of "negativity and division" that has appeared in this campaign was when you supported the negative and divisive "Marriage Revenge Act"
Oh my...

For instance, since you are considering cutting several programs by 15% and want to cut healthcare spending you can as well say so now and ask the people of the Mideast for their opinion on this idea. Even if you haven't focused on the details yet, it's only fair if the people of the Mideast are informed about your approach at this point.
Once again, I'm trying to have a serious discussion with you about fixing our budget, and you're just sticking to trying to make this about political gain and more attacks. The Mideast people deserve better than this charade. Those are some idea's JCL currently have on the table - we're just preparing a comprehensive plan to introduce all at once, rather than piece by piece, which could take much longer.

So for the sake of getting this balanced (without a tax increase) lets come up with a plan together.
I've been saying this all along. We just need to get ZuWo on board! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies