Is Julia Gillard a dead woman walking? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:33:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is Julia Gillard a dead woman walking? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Julia Gillard a dead woman walking?  (Read 10509 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »

She's doomed. I'd be surprised if the current parliament even lasts its full term.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »

Meh, I think she'll loos much of her unpopularity once the carbon tax debate is over, but I think that the Coalition will still be the natural favorites in the 2013 election, although a lot can change in two years!

She's doomed. I'd be surprised if the current parliament even lasts its full term.

Why would that be exactly?

Because the carbon tax debate isn't likely to go away anytime soon, and even if it does, the Coalition could run a campaign pointing out how Gillard was dishonest in her past statements about implementing a carbon tax in the first place.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »

I personally think that's the best way to get the ALP back in the driver's seat - play on public unease over Abbott and actually have the balls to do something really dramatic.  

That only ever works if the government hasn't crossed the threshold between "unpopular" and "toxic". Is the ALP toxic or just unpopular?

Worth noting that British Labour was about 25 points adrift two years out from an election, they "only" lost by 7 after unease began to bubble about Cameron.

Bob Brown isn't a Nick Clegg though. I don't see potential change voters voting for him over the Coalition. The Greens if anything make it more difficult for Labor to win against Abbott. Of course they could always take another chance, and bring Rudd back.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 01:03:24 AM »

Why hasn't anyone challenged Abbott? The Coalition has plenty of people who aren't... well as far right as him.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 04:38:02 AM »

Why is Abbott viewed so unfavorably, and yet leading Gillard? Is it his social conservatism that turns people off?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies