Bachmann suffers from migraine episodes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Bachmann suffers from migraine episodes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bachmann suffers from migraine episodes  (Read 4476 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »

If you're president and you're incapacitated for hours or even days because of health issues, it's problematic. I don't know if President Bachmann (yes, I know that will probably never be the case) could make fast and important decisions during one of these migraine attacks, and being able to do that whenever it is necessary is essential if you're president.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:33:13 AM »

If you're president and you're incapacitated for hours or even days because of health issues, it's problematic. I don't know if President Bachmann (yes, I know that will probably never be the case) could make fast and important decisions during one of these migraine attacks, and being able to do that whenever it is necessary is essential if you're president.

As opposed to FDR and JFK?

I fortunately can't say whether it's worse to suffer from regular migraine attacks that take up to one or two days than from chronic back problems or being in a wheelchair. My point is that such severe migraine attacks can potentially be a problem if you've got to take immediate decisions as a president, especially since, as has been pointed out in a previous post, being president is a mind job. But then again, I have no clue how severe Bachmann's migraine is and to what extent it incapacitates her.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »

I fortunately can't say whether it's worse to suffer from regular migraine attacks that take up to one or two days than from chronic back problems or being in a wheelchair.

You're understating JFK's problems a little bit. The guy would stay in bed for weeks at a time and had an addiction to severe pain killers.

So JFK probably shouldn't have been President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies