A Possible Obama vs. Romney Map? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  A Possible Obama vs. Romney Map? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Possible Obama vs. Romney Map?  (Read 18703 times)
KevinD
United States

« on: July 29, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »

All and all, it's not a bad prediction. A couple of things to consider:

In 2009 Republicans took firm control of Virginia state government. In fact every Republican running for statewide office garnered at least 60% of the vote. What's more, President Obama's poll numbers remain lackluster in the state. I think we can move it safely into the Republican column.

Ohio will be a fight (as per usual) but Republicans made historic gains in the industrial Midwest in 2010, winning Congressional, Senate, and Gubernatorial races in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. There's an obvious trend emerging here, potentially a realignment. If Mitt Romney wins the nomination, he stands a strong chance at taking Michigan (his native state which his father ran). What's more with high unemployment and low approval numbers, Ohio is starting look bad for the President. Even if he wins Pennsylvania (which I suspect he will) I don't see how he wins re-election without these two states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies