Pew has Republicans gaining with Young, Low-income Voters, especially whites (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:06:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pew has Republicans gaining with Young, Low-income Voters, especially whites (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew has Republicans gaining with Young, Low-income Voters, especially whites  (Read 1960 times)
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« on: July 23, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »

Is there a gender gap between both party's? I see more females on Dem sites then guys and guys FAR more then females on GOP sites.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »

Is there a gender gap between both party's? I see more females on Dem sites then guys and guys FAR more then females on GOP sites.

Yeah, Women are about 16 Points more Democratic than Men are(D+12 vs R+4), though that's down from 19 points (D+21 vs D+2) in 2008.

I would guess the Dems need to ignore guns and try win this group but we need the South and that won't happen for a very very very long time to come. I wonder if this is because it's the single women vote, since married women tend to lean towards the Republican. One of the weirdest swing I have ever seen was women going to Gerald Ford in 1976 to Jimmy Carter in 1980. Can anyone explain this swing to me?
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
  This is the number that strikes terror in Dem hearts.  It flips key Midwestern states.

If this is the case, would this make the Northeast states such as Massachusetts and Rhode Island more closer?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies