Northeast Wiki Reform Commission Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Wiki Reform Commission Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Northeast Wiki Reform Commission Thread  (Read 5927 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »

Commissioners, please sign in here.

This thread will be used for the procedures and deliberations of the Commission and its members, but citizens' input is also welcome at any time.

We should begin by selecting a commission chair.

x homelycooking
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

X Cincinnatus

Commission chair; homelycooking, naturally.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »

Thanks, Cincinnatus. I'd be happy to chair the commission, but I'll wait to hear Simfan's input before going ahead.

I'll send him a PM.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »

I would be delighted to serve.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »

Great, Simfan. Are you all right with me serving as commission chair?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »

We need to move forward with this, has Simfan responded to any PM's?  If he doesn't want to be an active participant, he should let it be known so he can be replaced and we can start getting work done.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »

For future reference, I'm going to keep the legislation under Winfield in this post, so it won't have to be looked up;

--- Signed

You must be logged in to read this quote.

--- Failed

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »

We need to move forward with this, has Simfan responded to any PM's?  If he doesn't want to be an active participant, he should let it be known so he can be replaced and we can start getting work done.

He hasn't. I don't think there's a reason to ask for another member and waste more time, we can get on with this right away, Cincinnatus, just the two of us.

I think the first thing to do is take care of legislation: I'm thinking one page/section for approved legislation, one for rejected legislation, one for the Constitution, etc. I can get started assembling all the bills from Assembly sessions that came after the last wiki update.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »

Yes, I was just going to recommend that the two of you proceed, as homelycooking has just stated.  You beat me to it. 

I would like to say that if Lieutenant Governor Simfan wishes to join later, he should be made welcome and given some responsibilities.  I have no doubt that Simfan is a very capable individual.  We do not know why Simfan has not responded lately, but I am sure he has a very good reason.

Thanks for taking the initiative to get this commission rolling.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »

That's what?  Two-three years?  Ought to take a bit Tongue

I think that's a good idea, one page for "signed", and one page for "Proposed" (or "Rejected" rather), legislation.  I think when the time comes to actually post the reorganized information, that we should consider timestamps of passage, or certain notes that might be of future use.  That's just something to keep in mind.

I don't want to double up on any responsibilities, so I'll let you determine what responsibility I should undertake.  As of now, I'm going to start looking at legislation already on the wiki page, searching it, seeing it's current standing (passed when, still law?, ect).  If you give me a different duty, I will of course proceed with that instead Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »

This is also of great importance, which I will keep in mind while doing what I suggested in my previous post;

Your signature or veto is requested.

Report of the Statutory Review Commission

The Statutory Review Commission of the Northeast, having concluded its review of the statute, recommends the following changes to Northeast law:

1. Section IV of the Northeastern Healthcare Act is amended to include:

2. Article B, Section 2 of the Northeast Medical Savings Account Act is hereby repealed.

3. The Children's Healthcare Act is hereby repealed.

4. Sections 1, 2 and 3 of The Smoking Age Standardization Act are amended as follows:

5. Section 4 of the Predatory Lending Prohibition Act is amended as follows:

6. Section 1 of the Fair Property Valuation Act is hereby repealed.

7. The Northeast Speed Limit Standardization Act is hereby repealed.

8. The Northeast Region Legislation Standardization Act is hereby repealed.

9. The Preferential Voting Act is amended as follows:

10. Subsections 1 and 2 of Section 1 of the The Campaigning for Invalidation of Votes Initiative are amended as follows:

11. The Nullification Resolution is hereby repealed.

12. Section 2 of the Proposition on the Officialization of the Separation of Religion and State is amended as follows:

13. Section 5 of the Northeast Assembly Speaker Act is amended as follows:

14. Subsections a and c of Section 1 (Proposed Legislation Thread) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure are hereby repealed and subsection e of Section 2 (Movement of Legislation to the Northeast Assembly Floor) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure is hereby repealed.

15.  Section 2 (Movement of Legislation to the Northeast Assembly Floor) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure is amended to replace all references to the Lieutenant Governor with references to the Speaker of the Assembly.

16. Section 2 (Movement of Legislation to the Northeast Assembly Floor) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure is specifically amended as follows:

17. The Northeast Tax Initiative of March 2005 is hereby repealed.

18. The following amendment shall be made to the Northeastern Green Jobs Act:

19. The Self Defense Act is hereby repealed.

20. The Wiki Emergency Act is hereby repealed.

21. The Northeast Order of Precedence Act is amended as follows:

22. Section 2 of the Vacancy Filling Act is amended as follows:

We, the undersigned commissioners, do hereby endorse these recommendations and urge the Assembly to adopt them forthwith.

Signed this 11th day of May 2011,

x homelycooking, Commissioner
x Dallasfan65, Commissioner
x Polnut, Commissioner
x Napoleon, Commissioner
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »

I don't want to double up on any responsibilities, so I'll let you determine what responsibility I should undertake.  As of now, I'm going to start looking at legislation already on the wiki page, searching it, seeing it's current standing (passed when, still law?, ect).  If you give me a different duty, I will of course proceed with that instead Smiley

The job is yours. Pay close attention to changes made in the SRC report (edit: enterprising minds think alike Wink) - and I'll notify you of any amendments made during the section I will research.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 12:15:33 AM »

I am very sorry, I have been away these past few days, and my ability to access the internet is limited. I shall be back on Sunday.

I approve of all the decisions made so far, although I think there ought to be a special page on repealed legislation.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 12:20:03 AM »

Commissioners,

I have proposed a new Constitution. Were this Constitution to be taken up by the Assembly and follow procedure to take effect, I'd like to know if you think it would be wise to include a section on keeping the legislative record in the Constitution. Feel free to post in the thread about it, or just post any comments or concerns regarding my proposal there

Thanks!

Senator Napoleon
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »

From Napoleon's tenure as Speaker (April to June)
I omitted things that have no relevance to statute (recommendation resolutions, etc.)

Passed:

Statutory "Spring Cleaning" Act

1. The Assembly hereby creates a temporary Statutory Review Commission (hereafter referred to as SRC) comprised of one to four current or former Representative(s) of the Northeast.

2. The SRC's member(s) shall be appointed by the Assembly by simple majority vote.

3. The SRC shall be entrusted with preparing a report to the Assembly regarding the following:
a. The establishment of a centralized list of all statute signed into law since January 1, 2004;
b. The relevance, clarity and integrity of all said statute;
c. Whether certain laws in said statute contradict others, or are unconstitutional; and
d. Recommendations for future legislation or amendment of existing legislation intended to rectify problems relating to sections 3b and 3c above.

4. The SRC shall establish a set of guidelines that assign specific duties to each commissioner.

5. The SRC's commission to carry out section 3 above shall expire after the fifteenth calendar day after the SRC commissioner's appointment, unless additional time is granted by a majority vote of the Assembly, on which the SRC shall present its report to the Assembly.

6. The Assembly shall then take action upon the SRC report by accepting and implementing, rejecting or qualifying the recommendations made by the SRC.

7. The SRC’s report will be used to update the Northeast Wiki, to be added by a Northeast citizen with Wiki access privileges.

Vital Civic Information Act

1. The Government of the Northeast shall keep a complete and accurate record at all times of the names of current members of the Assembly, the names of the region's executive and judicial officers, the dates of any forthcoming general or special elections and any other information which the government sees fit to make its citizens aware of.

2. The information to be made public by this act shall be published within three days of the passage of this Act.

3. Any future changes to the above information must be made within three days of an event necessitating a change, such as a new officer/legislator's ascendance to or removal from his respective office or the calling of a new special election.

4. Any member of the Legislature, or of the Executive or Judicial Branches, may make any necessary changes to the above information.

5. The above information shall be made public through at least one of the following media:
a. A new thread in the Regional Governments subforum of the Atlas Fantasy Government forum; or
b. The appropriate pages in the Atlasia Wiki.

6. If any inappropriate information, such as any egregious self-promotional, offensive or irrelevant text is made public through the media specified in 5 a or b, the Chief Judicial Officer is hereby authorized to remove it, at his discretion, upon the recommendation of any Northeast Citizen.

The SRC Report

Northeast Parks and Recreation Use Act

1. This act shall be applied only to those lands and facilities operated and maintained by the state and/or regional governments.

2. Citizens and legal residents of the Northeast shall not be required to pay any fee for use of state and/or regional parks or recreational facilities.

3. Citizens and legal residents of the Northeast are eligible for free admission to state parks and recreational facilities not operated or maintained by the regional government irrespective of their state of residence.

4. Nonresidents of the Northeast may be required to pay a fee for use of state and/or regional parks or recreational facilities where applicable.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »

Failed/tabled:

Resolution Thanking Rowan Brandon

The Northeast Assembly hereby thanks Senator Rowan Brandon for his invaluable service to the Region and we on this day declare him Atlasia's greatest senator in modern history. The Assembly also hopes that his service to Region and Nation will continue as the nation's President.

Additional Amendments to the Northeast Gun Safety Act

The Northeast Gun Safety Act shall be re-amended to read:

1. Any person who has committed a non-murder felony while under the age of 21, will automatically have his rights restored at age 35.
     a. Except in cases where the victim of the offender's crime is a minor.
     b. Except in cases where the offender has committed two or more felonies during this period.
2. Whenever a gun is used as an instrument in the crime, an additional five years will be added to the sentence.
     a. In cases of abduction, rape, or murder of any degree, in which a gun is used as an instrument in the crime, these rights will not be restored.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 09:29:13 AM »

The Parks Act included a very important Section 5. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »

Lieutenant Governor Simfan has been away lately and has had limited internet access.  He will return this following Sunday.

I have asked him to check into the Wiki Reform Commission Thread, and have advised him that he would be given some responsibility on the commission.

Thank you.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »

I got through some of the information on this page last night.  I have everything compiled into separate notebooks on my desktop, and I'm not really inclined to fight with the 11,000 character limit right now Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »

Would it be preferred that I start creating separate pages for laws so that they can be linked to under the Main Page.  It would look something like the IDS "law" page.  Here's the page I created for a separate law;

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_Relief_and_Recovery_Act
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2011, 02:31:59 PM by Cincinnatus »

This is what I've compiled so far.  Let me know what you think of the format, ==Text==, ==Notes==.

Signed;

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_Relief_and_Recovery_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Repeal_of_the_Notwithstanding_Clause_Amendment
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/September_11_Remembrance_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Motorcycle_Safety_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_Preferential_Voting_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Regional_LEED_Standards_Bill
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Surplus_Protection_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_School_Rescue_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Fair_Property_Valuation_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Eminent_Domain_/_Property_Tax_Valuation_Linkage_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Smoking_Age_Standardization_Act
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Public_School_Choice_Act_of_2008

Proposed/Failed;

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Freedom_To_Undress_Bill
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Year-Round_Schooling_Act

Repealed;

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_Speed_Limit_Standardization_Act

Other;
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Joe_Wilson_Act

Edit later;
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/FREE_HIGHWAY_ACCESS_ACT_OF_2009
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »

A fine list; but I think it might be cumbersome to create a new Wiki page for every law that is enacted.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 12:06:15 PM »

A fine list; but I think it might be cumbersome to create a new Wiki page for every law that is enacted.

I just did all of those in a span of 5-10 minutes.  I have no problem taking the reports and putting them in separate pages.  Of course, if you think this format is less convenient, perhaps I should abandon it.  I just think it offers organization, and, I don't have to post cumbersome amounts of bills here for reference, because I have a list of where I can see them.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 12:25:39 PM »

I just did all of those in a span of 5-10 minutes.  I have no problem taking the reports and putting them in separate pages.  Of course, if you think this format is less convenient, perhaps I should abandon it.  I just think it offers organization, and, I don't have to post cumbersome amounts of bills here for reference, because I have a list of where I can see them.

Really? Oh, that's fantastic. That could work quite well, then. I should get started on converting my bills in that way.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »

The Free Highway Access Act was repealed. Don't ask me why.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies