IN-Basswood Research/Club for Growth: Sen. Lugar in primary trouble ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:09:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN-Basswood Research/Club for Growth: Sen. Lugar in primary trouble ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-Basswood Research/Club for Growth: Sen. Lugar in primary trouble ?  (Read 1023 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

Poll Shows Mourdock, Lugar Virtually Tied

* By Shira Toeplitz
    * Roll Call Staff
    * July 26, 2011, 12:16 p.m.

A new poll conducted for the Club for Growth showed Sen. Dick Lugar (R-Ind.) and his primary challenger, state Treasurer Richard Mourdock, in a statistical dead heat.

Mourdock had a small advantage over Lugar, 34 percent to 32 percent, in the Basswood Research poll released Tuesday. But Mourdock’s 2-point lead is within the poll’s 4.4-point margin of error.

The conservative, anti-tax organization has not endorsed Mourdock, but the Club for Growth President Chris Chocola has frequently criticized Lugar’s record. Earlier this month, the club sponsored television advertisements blasting Lugar across Indiana.

“An incumbent who sits at 32 percent in his own party’s primary, and trails a much less known challenger, is in a world of trouble,” Chocola, a former Indiana Congressman, said in a statement. “Senator Lugar is a very decent man, but it’s clear from the poll that after 35 years, Hoosier Republicans are eager for a more conservative alternative.”

About one-third of those polled, 34 percent, said they were undecided about the GOP Senate primary field.

Basswood Research conducted the poll of 500 likely Republican primary voters July 23-24.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/Richard-Mourdock-Dick-Lugar-poll-Indiana-Senate-207680-1.html
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »

I can't believe this. Indiana has been polled? Wow. I know is a crappy pollster, but, it's still incredible hahahaha...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:31:04 PM »

I'm certain this is just a push poll to try and boost Mourdock's momentum/fundraising. The Mourdock campaign is already gloating about this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The funny thing is that so far, Lugar has been running a statesman-like campaign, focusing heavily on the economy and proposing a pretty big plan to help turn around the economy that isn't just the "CUT TAXES CUT SPENDING" crap Mourdock's people keep saying over and over again. Mourdock has been spreading lie after lie about Lugar, and Lugar's been left defending himself over some outrageous attacks. And now Mourdock is trying to say Lugar's been attacking him. Dick Lugar is apparently an extreme liberal who's in love with Obama, despite the fact he supports the current Cut, Cap, and Balance legislation.

Once some of Mourdock's skeleton's roll out and Hoosiers get a good look at both candidates, I'm confident Lugar will prevail in this primary.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »

http://www.dicklugar.com/2011/07/29/new-poll-shows-lugar-with-double-digit-lead/

The Lugar Campaign commissioned a poll showing him up 45-31 over Mourdock. This looks about right to me, for now anyways.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »

lol, I wonder how many Mourdock supporters believe that a 34-32 lead in a crappy poll is a mandate for change.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »

lol, I wonder how many Mourdock supporters believe that a 34-32 lead in a crappy poll is a mandate for change.
Oh trust me, you'd be surprised...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies