TPTTAA - Who is the worst senator?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:22:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA - Who is the worst senator?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who is the worst senator?
Antonio (UDL)

Snowguy (JCP)

AHDuke (RPP)

Jbrase (OTH)

Shua (POP)

Officepark (

Fuzzelton (JCP)

Napoleon (JCP)

bgwah (JCP)

Yankee (RPP)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: TPTTAA - Who is the worst senator?  (Read 2832 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »

Teddy's right. This is more about who's controversial than anything else, although I didn't thInk Antonio was that controversial.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »

Can't say these results are really surprising with all the recent posts lately.  Though, it's obvious Napoleon got a large number of right-wing votes, and maybe one or two left-wing votes.  The left votes are split between Antonio (for whatever reason), and officepark.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »

Ludicrous. What good could really have come from making this poll?

I was trying to make snowguy feel better by showing that he would not be rated worst senator
Well, I appreciate the thought.  

The results weren't exactly what I expected.  I suppose being an at large senator means I am answerable to all Atlasians rather than just one particular region, so those approval polls are always slanted in favor of the regional senators.

But the results, again, show that this is nothing more than a popularity contest.  There is absolutely no reason that Napoleon should be overwhelmingly rated the worst senator (except that the right and some on the left pile on him because they don't like him.)  He works hard, proposes meaningful legislation (even if controversial), debates all the bills, and votes.  But like I said, it's a popularity contest.. and Napoleon is not popular with a good number of people who vote in Atlasian polls.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2011, 04:16:57 PM »

Can't say these results are really surprising with all the recent posts lately.  Though, it's obvious Napoleon got a large number of right-wing votes, and maybe one or two left-wing votes.  The left votes are split between Antonio (for whatever reason), and officepark.
I don't think the results line up neatly along ideological lines. The only clear thing from this poll is that 3 people got confused.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »

Snow guy needs to find that one person who voted for me!! But I guess this means I can't slack off now. Sad
I have a feeling I know who it is.  I'm getting my Schlagstock ready.  (Schlagstock is German for beating stick).
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »

This entire thread has just been an unnecessary hate-fest. Nobody should resign over it.

We all keep talking about what's wrong with Atlasia, and this is it. It's gotten too personal lately. It's always been personal, sure, but its been exceptionally so lately. I know I'm not innocent in this regard, but I'm definitely going to try and chill out. I hope everyone else does, too.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »

And with that I'm locking this to prevent further arguments.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies