PA-Quinnipiac: Romney leads a weak Obama, Santorum barely trails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:06:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-Quinnipiac: Romney leads a weak Obama, Santorum barely trails
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA-Quinnipiac: Romney leads a weak Obama, Santorum barely trails  (Read 3845 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »

I guess it's ridiculous to say Philadelphia County won't flip either.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Good job comparing a county that might go 50-60% for the Democrats to a county that is much different demographically and usually goes 70-90% for the Democrats.  Roll Eyes
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »

These constant PA numbers are encouraging.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »

The fact that Bush didn't win it in 2004 has absolutely nothing to do with 2012 since the economy didn't suck in 2004.

It didn't???

It's better now than it was in 2004.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 09:06:41 PM »

The fact that Bush didn't win it in 2004 has absolutely nothing to do with 2012 since the economy didn't suck in 2004.

It didn't???

It's better now than it was in 2004.

I rest my case.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 09:45:39 PM »

The economy is better now than 2004? Good lord.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »

Um, yes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »

Obama ignoring liberal's advice on the economy has sure worked out well for him.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 10:41:05 PM »

The economy is better now than 2004? Good lord.

We had illusory prosperity in 2004 -- and we have no illusion of how bad tings are now. The economic mess that we now have has its cause in bad economic behavior gong on through 2004.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »

Obama ignoring liberal's advice on the economy has sure worked out well for him.

Reactionaries own the money and the political process.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »

We had illusory prosperity in 2004 -- and we have no illusion of how bad tings are now.

That's entirely because of media bias.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »

Regardless of the basis for the economic conditions or how unstable they were, the fact remains that conditions were far better in 2004 then they are now. The disconnect in this thread is a result of what caused those economic conditions being considered along with the conditions. Most people don't do that and while it is preferable to seek a more solid footing so that it lasts, most would pick any environment with 5% unemployment and $2.75 gas to what we have now.

A man having a job and earning a paycheck in 2004, isn't an illusion to him. He loses it, in say 2008 or 2009, he votes for Obama because that idiot Bush cost him his job and thinks getting someone new will lead to him getting his job back. Three years later, the guy has exhausted his unemployment, the savings are gone, prices are higher and he is no closer to a new job. I am sure you can find that story all across the Keystone state. When asking the question regarding which year was better, almost always, the primary considerations are unemployment and inflation (And don't I don't mean that worthless number people focus on to say it's zero and claim anyone who says otherwise is stupid. With no one buying houses, cars, or furniture/appliances, of course it's zero. I mean food and fuel, which is far more important in my opinion).

People associate the housing bubble with creating the economic downturn, but I am not sure most associate it with the economic growth proceeding that downturn. Not to the extent that it was truly responsible for that growth.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »

Regardless of the basis for the economic conditions or how unstable they were, the fact remains that conditions were far better in 2004 then they are now. The disconnect in this thread is a result of what caused those economic conditions being considered along with the conditions. Most people don't do that and while it is preferable to seek a more solid footing so that it lasts, most would pick any environment with 5% unemployment and $2.75 gas to what we have now.

A man having a job and earning a paycheck in 2004, isn't an illusion to him. He loses it, in say 2008 or 2009, he votes for Obama because that idiot Bush cost him his job and thinks getting someone new will lead to him getting his job back. Three years later, the guy has exhausted his unemployment, the savings are gone, prices are higher and he is no closer to a new job. I am sure you can find that story all across the Keystone state. When asking the question regarding which year was better, almost always, the primary considerations are unemployment and inflation (And don't I don't mean that worthless number people focus on to say it's zero and claim anyone who says otherwise is stupid. With no one buying houses, cars, or furniture/appliances, of course it's zero. I mean food and fuel, which is far more important in my opinion).

People associate the housing bubble with creating the economic downturn, but I am not sure most associate it with the economic growth proceeding that downturn. Not to the extent that it was truly responsible for that growth.

Such economic growth around 2004 was either the housing bubble (now irreplicable and irresponsible  or the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq  (ditto). Maybe the Republicans can offer jobs -- but jobs that lack something that usually goes with them, like pay -- and jobs created by pay cuts to the people who still have them and whose fruit goes entirely to the Ruling Elite of America.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »

Such economic growth around 2004 was either the housing bubble (now irreplicable and irresponsible  or the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq  (ditto). Maybe the Republicans can offer jobs -- but jobs that lack something that usually goes with them, like pay -- and jobs created by pay cuts to the people who still have them and whose fruit goes entirely to the Ruling Elite of America.

Once again, most don't associate the economic growth with the housing bubble to the extent that it in actuallity contributed to it. My point being that the original point, about the economy being better in 2004, matters only in terms of how much voters think that such is so, rather then how much politicos on a forum think such.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »

Well it certainly put the Obama landslide 300 electoral vote victory out of the question. Obama isn't gonna win more than 280. I expect him to win PA, but it is gonna be close either way.

At this point, I'd say 300 is his ceiling.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »

Well it certainly put the Obama landslide 300 electoral vote victory out of the question. Obama isn't gonna win more than 280. I expect him to win PA, but it is gonna be close either way.

At this point, I'd say 300 is his ceiling.

Remember, his opponent is likely to be Perry or Bachmann.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies