Now, I'm not one to pass judgement... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:12:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Now, I'm not one to pass judgement... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Now, I'm not one to pass judgement...  (Read 6185 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 15, 2004, 04:48:17 AM »

...But this is ridiculous.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"John Ewards"?

Congratulations, anonymous Minnesota elector. You've flunked out of electoral college!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 05:27:05 PM »

Bingo. Somewhere in North Carolina, Intelius says there is a Johnny Ewards.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 05:31:18 PM »

There are 0 people named John Ewards in the phone book nation wide. Sounds like we have a Electoral Kindergarten.

40% of people are unlisted. Some live in houses with another person who lists primarily.

Johnny Ewards is a lucky fellow. If I wanted to pay $10 to do so, I could get his address to tell him so, but I don't want to.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 05:41:31 PM »

There are 0 people named John Ewards in the phone book nation wide. Sounds like we have a Electoral Kindergarten.

40% of people are unlisted. Some live in houses with another person who lists primarily.

Johnny Ewards is a lucky fellow. If I wanted to pay $10 to do so, I could get his address to tell him so, but I don't want to.

I suppose they could have only a cellphone, too.
There are 47 people with the last name Ewards. There is a J. Ewards in Ridge, NY, and a J. R. Ewards in San Leandro, CA. It'd be funny to tell one of those people that they got an electoral vote.

I'm not sure if Johnny Ewards of NC can claim he got the electoral vote. It would be too bad if his birth name was actually Johnny.

I believe electoral votes specify the state of residence on them, so the only person who could even theoretically get them is Johnny Ewards.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 06:04:36 PM »

The first image I can't see because it is on 127.0.0.1, which is your hard drive. For what it's worth, it is a very good think I can't see your hard drive. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies