Citizen Joe not worth $4800
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:47:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Citizen Joe not worth $4800
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Citizen Joe not worth $4800  (Read 476 times)
t_host1

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »

[rant;"
 Unconscionable, this president wants to pit soldier against citizen for employment, by placing a $4800 price tag on the heads of returning military personal; so that if an employer hires them, they can collect the tax credit ransom. This is just one more act of utter irresponsibility that qualifies for his - conduct unbecoming of an officer - list.
 The verdict of Guilty, Guilty and Guilty! must be render ASAP.
 Although I realize that both soldier and citizen would be considerate toward each others plight, its just that by Obama putting this additional layer of anx in the mix of current economic conditions is not leadership.
 My money is on, that most employers and soldiers are of a higher honorable being and would never allow themselves to be the bounty of an Obama slave trade. I can't see a soldier accepting a job knowing that a citizen of the same need and ability be denied the job because he or she (soldier) was only hired because he or she was holding the bounty chip from Obama.
  It would appear that Obama’s jobs initiative does not include 2nd class Joe citizen; we just not worth $4800, yet, Obama and his first lady aggrandizement are of historically high levels.
 Additionally, I thought he, Obama, just told me that corporate/employer tax loopholes were the most egregious, unfair and unbalance taxation, that is, the cause of all!!... our economic problems.
 "/rant]

Torie
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:56:16 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2011, 09:58:43 AM by Torie »

I was thinking of rewriting the above just as an exercise in English composition, but decided not to.  Part of the reason was that I simply could not fathom what the real gravaman of it was, as it seemed to bounce around from one "anx" (angst?) to another.

Do you really think what you wrote was effective advocative composition?  I sometimes wonder about the self awareness of some as to the quality of what they write.  Or maybe you were just "tired" or something.

You might type your stuff in Word first by the way, so that you can see all those automated red lines that pop up suggesting that perhaps rephrasing and respelling might be in order. Just a thought.
t_host1

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »

I do now, so... OK, I'll work on it.. and I do appreciate your grading. I'm going to haf to get a bigger dictionary to - I couldn't fine "gravaman" yet I think I understood your demise.

Apologies to whom's hair hurts.

Reading it again only reminds me that I have a pulse to watch.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »

I think he's just putting stuff back and forth through Goggle translate in various ways Torie.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies