Culture, Planning and Transport. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:55:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Culture, Planning and Transport. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Culture, Planning and Transport.  (Read 3895 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 08, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »

x Johannes Overgaard, MP
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »

“Mr. Chairman, while the second proposal has a lower estimated cost, I am concerned that it has more potential for a greater discrepancy between the estimate and the actual cost. In particular, should we prove unable to sell the land around the existing stadium, the estimated fifteen million euros that the sale would net us would be lost. There is also the possibility that the Heritage Society would sue to prevent the destruction of a national landmark. The court could order an injunction against the demolition of the current stadium, causing at the very least a delay of the entire project. It is for these reasons that I feel that the first proposal is superior.

I also favor the proposal that the committee seek sponsorship from private enterprises to offset the cost. Other nations do so, to great success.”
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »

“If the current stadium is truly in such bad condition, then we certainly should build a new one. However, if we are to construct a new stadium, I see no reason to purchase new land when the current site is adequate, especially when there is a very real risk that we will be unable to sell the existing property. The Heritage Society may be more amenable to a new stadium if it is built on the current site. We can appease the DRC by including the Old Docks as an Economic Development Zone when we address that issue later.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies