Americans Elect 2012, online voting for a candidate in all 50 states. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:32:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Americans Elect 2012, online voting for a candidate in all 50 states. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Americans Elect 2012, online voting for a candidate in all 50 states.  (Read 2392 times)
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« on: August 11, 2011, 11:33:24 PM »

I signed up there awhile ago, put a link in my signature to spread the word. I don't know if anything will come of it, but it's definitely going to take new and creative strategies (not to mention money) to get on the ballot.

I don't think there's been a better time for a third party or independent run for the presidency, in many decades. Clearly most people are fed up with both parties and their impotence in the face of real crisis.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »

I've heard some negative things about this.

Like what?
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »

I took surveys on the site and it appears to lean left on average at the moment, the Paulites haven't interrupted everything yet. Anyway this has nothing to do with voting on the internet, it has to do with using the organizational power of the internet.

After the events of the Arab Spring and the ongoing violence in Syria, how can anyone in the know discount the power of social media to revolutionize communication? Almost everything we know about the situation in Syria as well as the Green Revolution was due to people leaking information - rather than the traditional sources putting people on the ground. 20 years ago this would have been unimaginable. Dictators and oligarchs, underestimate the internet at your own peril.

The corporate media in the West is no longer the sole gatekeeper and as my generation (the millennials) grow up and get more involved they'll be less amenable to the big guys declaring the front runners before the people have had a chance to cast a single vote.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »

Voting more than once is just exercising your 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. Shows you care.

Vote early, vote often! It's your civic duty.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »

The entire thing is a stalking horse for Michael Bloomberg.

http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2011/07/28/no-labels-and-americans-elect-a-list-of-known-connections/

I found this- if true, that's not good news. I should have let my usual cynicism restrain me. Looks like more astroturf.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies