Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws  (Read 189816 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: July 12, 2013, 12:25:55 AM »

I'd like to see more states legalize it, but it's just not a federal issue.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »

Has Virginia become the new New Hampshire!?

Northern Virginia's influence over the state continues to grow as more people move to the region.

I'm kind of surprised that Kentucky is the most strongly opposed out of the states polled so far, even more so than Louisiana.

Western Kentucky is more than anything the Midwest which has very conservative stances on social issues. The state as a whole could pass for the Safely Republican column by now too. It's right up there with Texas, Alabama, Kansas, North Dakota, Alaska, and Nebraska. Other southern states like Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and West Virginia should be in the solid GOP column.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

I'd like to see more states legalize it, but it's just not a federal issue.

Then why the need for DOMA?

States should decide on the matter and I support it if it's what gays want. I'm not convinced every single gay person wants a marriage as if they were a straight couple, but it would be fair to allow gays to marry. I don't see the need for DOMA.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »

Has Virginia become the new New Hampshire!?

Haha what do you mean?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »

I used to be against gay marriage but ok with other states legalizing it. Now 10 years later, I support gay marriage, but still believe it should be up to the states. It's never been a top issue for me. What did you mean by New Confederacy? lol
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »

Really want to see what a poll would show on abortion. I think that Wyoming's is being pulled to conform with the rest of the Republican base.

It really depends on how the question is asked. The majority of the public will always say yes to being pro-choice or pro-life because it feels nice to be on the side of the unborn and to be on the side of young girls who don't know what to do. However, if you asked someone if they are pro-abortion or support abortion, then the majority will say no. People will say yes though if you simply ask "do you support a woman's right to choose?" At the end of the day, the majority will say they're pro-life, but think the government shouldn't get in the way of abortions because others may have different views and we're always going to have abortions like we have drugs.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »

This is nice to see. I support same sex marriage, but think the states should decide.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »

Indiana Family Institution is a right-wing, Christian fundamentalist group. As such its polling could be suspect. I notice that its headlines include:

Iowa Small Business Owners Sued for not Promoting Homosexuality...Is Indiana Next?
October 11, 2013
Author: Ryan.McCann
Poll Shows Strong Support for Marriage Amendment among Hoosier Voters
October 10, 2013
The Social Costs of Abandoning the Meaning of Marriage
September 13, 2013
Leading Academics Can't Make the Case for Evolution
- See more at: http://www.hoosierfamily.org/#sthash.FyH5d3qA.dpuf

Reading your headlines makes me think my party is just as bad as the other side when it comes to picking favorites, but only when we do pick favorites. Hoosier Family sounds very biased as does 99% of media. One of my favorites is the USA Today where I haven't noticed much partisanship.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »

Most battleground states are green. In fact all the green states are close ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies