Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:24:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws  (Read 189812 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: February 27, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »

I think the ruling says that Kentucky (like Oregon) recognizes same-sex marriages from other jursidictions, not that same-sex marriage is legal there.

Not according to this.

I don't know why you interpret "legally recognized" to mean "issues same-sex marriages" instead of "recognizes out-of-state same-sex marriages."  If anything, "legally recognized" sounds more like the latter to me.  Plus, every source I've seen indicates this recognizes pre-existing marriages only.

Yes, the decision requires KY to recognise marriages performed outside of the state. Not that KY has to perform marriages.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »

I don't know if this poll would fit the criteria for being included here, as it was conducted by the Political Science Dept of Texas Tech and not a major polling firm, but anyways...

Texas:  48-47 SUPPORT gay marriage

lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2014-04-17/tech-student-survey-shows-texans-torn-gay-marriage-not-governor
A junky poll, but I think it really shows the tides are turning when more support gay marriage in a poll that also has Abbott leading Davis 54-25(!?!).

I agree... the poll is crap all over.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:

On this day 11 years President George W. Bush announced his support for an Amendment to the Constitution of the United States to ban Same Sex Marriage.

So, how's that goin'?  Wink

More likely than not Bush supports SSM today.

What's the evidence for that? Besides his father's possible endorsement of it (H.W. has served as witness to 1 gay wedding, but, to the public's knowledge, has never outright said "I support Same Sex Marriage".), I honestly don't know of anything. I could see W. Bush endorsing state's rights on the issue nowadays, seeing as even Ted Cruz supports that, but W. Bush actually supporting federal legislation allowing SSM? That'd really surprise me.

You're right, he'll probably take the chicken's way out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies