What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:16:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate?
Bachmann vs. Pawlenty

Paul vs. Santorum

Gingrich vs. Wallace

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate?  (Read 1517 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2011, 04:20:33 AM »

Very tough for me to say.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »

My hatred of Santorum combined with actually agreeing with most of what Paul said made the latter's pwnage my favorite.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »

Santorum vs. the crazy homeless guy shouting at passers-by though it has meant dealing with the wrath of the Paul fanatics.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2011, 10:06:51 AM by Torie »

I thought the contretemps over Iran was quite interesting, entertaining and heated. Newt lashing into Wallace was painful, but well, good theater. The Pawlenty interchange with Bachmann just made me wish somebody suggest to T-Paw that he has a migraine, and should  excuse himself for his own well being and health.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »

Santorum made my father go from undecided to Paul supporter. Thank you, Santorum. I never realized that you were a fake neocon candidate meant only to make the most stereotypical of neocon arguments. Brilliant dude.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »

The lie Bachmann stated towards Pawlenty (era of small government) really turned me off for her, and I just didn't get too excited when those two were bickering. I haven't seen Gingrich-Wallace yet, so for now, Paul vs. Santorum. On foreign policy, I'm pretty even between their two beliefs, but Paul was making Santorum look foolish out there, and Santorum was knocked down a couple places in my book.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »

All Republicans -- with objective reality!
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »

All Republicans -- with objective reality!

Obama is taking Texas, right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »

Santorum vs Paul. Santorum was owned every time.
MJM58
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.70

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »

Bachmann v. Pawlenty.

She made T-Paw look so stupid!
MJM58
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.70

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:56 AM »

The lie Bachmann stated towards Pawlenty (era of small government) really turned me off for her, and I just didn't get too excited when those two were bickering. I haven't seen Gingrich-Wallace yet, so for now, Paul vs. Santorum. On foreign policy, I'm pretty even between their two beliefs, but Paul was making Santorum look foolish out there, and Santorum was knocked down a couple places in my book.

What lie?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »

Write-in: Santorum versus the moderators.

Santorum was getting, like, no time and he was quick to bring it out.  The media really does pick winners and losers.  I thought that Santorum made a good point, without getting overly emotional.  After watching last night, I believe that Santorum responses were well-poised and well thought out.

As for the Santorum v. Paul debacle, I really don't know why Santorum chose to engage in discourse with Paul.  Paul already has no credibility and no chance at the nomination.     
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »

Bachmann and Pawlenty was at least, to some degree, wearing on both of them. Bachmann got the better of it, but those jabs about her failure to actually succeed at anything certainly left a mark, and her victory wasn't THAT overwhelming.

Paul vs Santorum, meanwhile, was basically a rout. Santorum threw out a wild accusation that Paul has addressed hundreds of times before, which Paul shot out of the sky, then he threw another attack at Paul to which he was easily beaten again but then attacked himself (accused of backing the Iraq war, which isn't going to make you many fans), then he threw a snide jab at Paul when he figured he could get away with it if it was vague.

Its like the difference between two very different fights. The first is long, lasts several rounds, and goes to the already stronger fighter by TKO, but narrowly. The second is a series of the first guy charging the second wildly, getting punched in the face and knocked to the ground, then standing up and trying it again before being KO'd.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ha ha ha! Thats rich.

Mr.Santorum (polling 1-5%, going nowhere) really shouldn't degrade himself to debating with Mr.Paul (polling 14% and rising) since Mr.Paul has no chance.

I suppose Karger shouldn't have to degrade himself to debate with Bachmann, either?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »

What lie?
http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-republican-debate-strains-facts-030442355.html

THE FACTS: Pawlenty did not declare the era of small government over. (Neither has Obama.) Bachmann's jab was drawn from a Minnesota newspaper interview in which Pawlenty referred to a New York Times column on the subject, as part of his argument that "there are certain circumstances where you've got to have government put up the guardrails or bust up entrenched interests before they become too powerful." At the time, Pawlenty's office pushed for and received a clarification from the newspaper that he was relaying another writer's thoughts.
AUH2O Libertarian
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »

Paul-Santorum.  It was an actual policy debate between two very different  viewpoints.  The fact that Santorum was out of his league didn't make the substance of the debate any less interesting.  Hopefully there's more discussions of foreign policy in the months to come.

Bachmann-Pawlenty just came off as a petty, media created feud over nothing of importance.  Both candidates came out looking worse after this debate, although Pawlenty probably came out on the lower end.  And while I enjoyed Gingrich's remarks, and though he had a decent debate, there are a lot more pressing issues than criticizing the media.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »

Paul Santorum.

I'd say Gingrich Wallace but that was a one way landslide so it wasn't as fun
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »

Santorum vs. the crazy homeless guy shouting at passers-by though it has meant dealing with the wrath of the Paul fanatics.

Santorum defends his bigoted views on gay marriage with the "All men are created equal" line in the Declaration of Independence, and you think Paul was the crazy one? Roll Eyes

The Santorum-Paul fight cemented even further the fact that Santorum is not going anywhere near the White House.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »

Santorum defends his bigoted views on gay marriage with the "All men are created equal" line in the Declaration of Independence, and you think Paul was the crazy one? Roll Eyes

The Santorum-Paul fight cemented even further the fact that Santorum is not going anywhere near the White House.

In his defense, Santorum often couldn't finish his fights with Paul. I'd like to see them both get equal time and enough to actually fully express their opinions
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »

Meanwhile, Ron Paul is already measuring drapes for the Oval Office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies