What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:17:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate?
Bachmann vs. Pawlenty

Paul vs. Santorum

Gingrich vs. Wallace

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: What was your favorite conflict in the Ames debate?  (Read 1524 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 12, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »

The lie Bachmann stated towards Pawlenty (era of small government) really turned me off for her, and I just didn't get too excited when those two were bickering. I haven't seen Gingrich-Wallace yet, so for now, Paul vs. Santorum. On foreign policy, I'm pretty even between their two beliefs, but Paul was making Santorum look foolish out there, and Santorum was knocked down a couple places in my book.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »

The lie Bachmann stated towards Pawlenty (era of small government) really turned me off for her, and I just didn't get too excited when those two were bickering. I haven't seen Gingrich-Wallace yet, so for now, Paul vs. Santorum. On foreign policy, I'm pretty even between their two beliefs, but Paul was making Santorum look foolish out there, and Santorum was knocked down a couple places in my book.

What lie?
http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-republican-debate-strains-facts-030442355.html

THE FACTS: Pawlenty did not declare the era of small government over. (Neither has Obama.) Bachmann's jab was drawn from a Minnesota newspaper interview in which Pawlenty referred to a New York Times column on the subject, as part of his argument that "there are certain circumstances where you've got to have government put up the guardrails or bust up entrenched interests before they become too powerful." At the time, Pawlenty's office pushed for and received a clarification from the newspaper that he was relaying another writer's thoughts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies