T-Paw is done (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  T-Paw is done (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: T-Paw is done  (Read 7671 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: August 14, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »

I just read that on a tweet from politico.  He's the first casualty.  However, his departure is a victory for the American people!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:12:52 AM »

Thank goodness.  His winy voice was starting to get on my nerves.  If only we could get Gingrinch to follow him....

That would be awesome if we could get Newt to bow out! I don't think it will be very long before he's out.  I'm hoping he's gone long before Iowa so he doesn't pollute the results.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »

I won't say I expected this. Pawlenty placed a respectable third. I would have expected Gingrich or Cain to have dropped out first.

Unlike, Gingrich, Cain, Johnson, etc., Pawlenty has run an "establishment"-type campaign, in which his goal was to actually win.  Candidates like Gingrich and Cain don't really expect to win.  They're running either to promote their issues or promote themselves.  They'll stay in way past the point at which it's obvious that they're going nowhere.

With Pawlenty, the entire point of his candidacy was that he had a chance of winning, so once it became crystal clear that that was never going to happen, there was no point in continuing.

I see. I could tell what Gingrich is promoting, but Cain?

Cain's probably promoting Godfather's Pizza, still and using an elaborate stage to do so.

Seriously, though, I don't see what he's promoting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies