Turkish General Election - 12 June 2011
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:49:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkish General Election - 12 June 2011
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Turkish General Election - 12 June 2011  (Read 4814 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »

- less than the required number of MPs to reform the constitution alone;

All of that, but especially this.

Turkey might just find itself in a robust, pluralistic democracy one of these days.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »

Of course the AKP not having 2/3rds majority is a very good thing. But despite the fact most turkish parties suck, I can't think the AKP's lead is a good thing for the country.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »

Gotta love the contradiction between CDU/CSU politicians regarding the election results.

Joachim Hermann (CSU), Bavarian minister of interior: Turkish election was won by Islamists and nationalists, a sign for a widening rift between Turkey and Europe, therefore Turkey shouldn't be admitted to the EU.

Ruprecht Polenz (CDU), Chairman of the Bundestag committee on foreign affairs: Turkish voters made a wise decision, a sign for the economic and political successes of the Erdogan government during the past years, now the acession talks should continue.

Then again, Herman is against admitting Turkey to the EU and Polenz is in favour of it irrespective of who wins the elections there.
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 02:36:57 AM »

Gotta love the contradiction between CDU/CSU politicians regarding the election results.

Joachim Hermann (CSU), Bavarian minister of interior: Turkish election was won by Islamists and nationalists, a sign for a widening rift between Turkey and Europe, therefore Turkey shouldn't be admitted to the EU.

Ruprecht Polenz (CDU), Chairman of the Bundestag committee on foreign affairs: Turkish voters made a wise decision, a sign for the economic and political successes of the Erdogan government during the past years, now the acession talks should continue.

Then again, Herman is against admitting Turkey to the EU and Polenz is in favour of it irrespective of who wins the elections there.

Turkey is living a boom also in tourism, and I think that when always more and more people will flock to Turkey, will visit it, even the less touristic places in East and south East, talking with people and observing them in daily life, they will be aware of the fact that these fears are ridiculous, I have been 4 time in turkey in many parts the last 8 years, last time in 2010 in the far East, and I think that if Bulgaria and Romania are in EU, also Turkey can.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 02:27:27 AM »

I would have voted AKP here, despite all the obvious problems. Kemalism is antithetical to most everything I believe in.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 05:05:35 AM »

I would have voted AKP here, despite all the obvious problems. Kemalism is antithetical to most everything I believe in.

I've no sympathy for kemalism, but I'd have voted for the CHP just to make the AKP majority weaker.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »

No matter who is in government the secularist Smiley legacy of Mustafa Kemal 'Ataturk' will endure. He adorns all banknotes and coins through he passed away in 1938 ... and will do for eternity. A most remarkable man
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies