SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed)  (Read 6859 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: August 15, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »

The only opposition I have is that I don't think it's fair to have the SoFE have to count 5 different voting methods... I'm not sure how many contested counts you've been around for, and how nasty they can be... but this is my objection to it.... it has nothing to do with Regional rights.

If there can be basic universal standards applied, I might be able to see beyond the potential problems. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:29:03 PM »

Honestly, I don't see a safeguard - it's all platitudes

If this were to go ahead - a very strict set of standards need to be listed and met.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »

Thinking on it, I do want to have an open-mind on this - but the reasons need to go beyond the 'regional rights' argument... which I think is a bit of a crock..
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »

Are we talking about setting up an electoral college here? Because otherwise I don't see how the regions could administer the Presidential election.

I was going to ask that question.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:16 AM »

I think considering the issues in the Southeast - one of the standards that needs to be explicit in any amendment like this is to ensure a uniform public or private voting system.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:17 AM »

I think considering the issues in the Southeast - one of the standards that needs to be explicit in any amendment like this is to ensure a uniform public or private voting system.

What happened in the Southeastern? My amendment says in public.

I believe - the Senators from the SE might be able to enlighten us on this - I heard something about an amendment to allow the SE to hold secret ballots at the regional level?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »

I believe - the Senators from the SE might be able to enlighten us on this - I heard something about an amendment to allow the SE to hold secret ballots at the regional level?

The only amendment I know of is the one I offered two days ago in this thread, TO BAN SECRET BALLOTS. What are you talking about?

At least I didn't imagine it... I can't keep an eye on everything Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »

The only amendment I know of is the one I offered two days ago in this thread, TO BAN SECRET BALLOTS. What are you talking about?

You had your eye on it long enough to see "secret ballot", but not the words "May not employ" earlier in the sentence? Tongue

I didn't read it, it came up in discussion...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »

You had your eye on it long enough to see "secret ballot", but not the words "May not employ" earlier in the sentence? Tongue

I didn't read it, it came up in discussion...

What "issues" were you refering to then in the SE? That is what you iniated the discussion with.

I misunderstood the proposal... carry on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies