SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:36:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed)  (Read 6857 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: August 17, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »

I think the amendment is good.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »

Aye
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:32:40 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2011, 06:52:44 AM by Snowguy716 »

Nay
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »

And a round of applause for the JCP, ladies and gentlemen. (And a standing-O for Snowguy, please! The Senator that changed from Aye to Nay!)
The regional senate seat process is clearly broken.  I don't think this bill will make it better.  As it is right now, only one region is competitive (the Northeast).

Valid points are made regarding indirect election of regional senators in that Atlasians don't vote in regional elections.

It is wholly unfair to subject half the senate to a full referendum by all Atlasians while the other half can be rushed into office by a few super active players.

I honestly didn't think that would be an issue... I thought the regions would keep similar systems to what we have now... but I think the right wants to push for indirect elections, which will hurt the senate.

If we had two federal legislative bodies, it might be different... but to give half the senators the exact same powers and responsibilities as the other half while only making them accountable to a tiny sliver of the electorate is unfair.

I have not been shy about my support for getting rid of regional senate seats altogether and making them all AL.  While I'd like to give regions the benefit of the doubt, I don't want this to become a system where a few good old boys decide who gets to be senator in 4 out of 5 regional senate seats.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2011, 08:31:19 PM by Snowguy716 »

just lobbing out attacks hoping one of them will stick?

Ah, I see you deleted that post now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »

all you've basically said, Marokai, is:

"Waah waah waaah.. I wanted to take my ball and go home but then the big meanie JCP boy brought two more boys to play in my place and they had their own ball!  Woe is me!"

The rest is just a bunch of hot air with the distinct aroma of bullsh**t.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies