CONCLUSION: Why I became a conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  CONCLUSION: Why I became a conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CONCLUSION: Why I became a conservative  (Read 12454 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 18, 2011, 10:18:20 AM »

It's interesting that apparently pop culture had something to do with Naso's formation of his political beliefs. In all honesty, I have to say that to my knowledge pop culture had/has zero impact on my views - zero. I just don't think watching Bonanza had anything to do with my becoming a Pubbie. I hate to admit it, but one thing that did, was that I was always very impressed by Richard Nixon. I liked the way he framed his arguments. That of course changed over time.

Anyway, nice start to your essay Naso. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »

I was a trouble maker too, and could get angry, but I think class made a difference. I was clearly an upper middle class kid from "south of the boulevard," who was not afraid to make clear I would not be pushed around, so I was given a long leash. I was also not physical in the way Naso was. My dad wrote me 30 absence excuses at once, because I told him my first period biology teacher was a hopeless dumb and a joke, who could not even get the baby talk text book we used right. Thus I chose to sleep in. I got an ASS in that class, rather than an AEE, for non-attendance. Tongue  In any event, the teachers in general were not that political, some conservative, and almost all betas, particularly the men. But as opebo keeps reminding me, class does matter.

Great story Naso. I am quite enjoying it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »

It's literature baby, not a therapy session for someone who can't manage the basics of his life.  That's why.  Got it?

I am impressed by Naso's creative writing ability actually. I was unfamiliar with his abilities here. All I knew was that he could pick away at a guitar a bit.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2011, 11:23:24 AM by Torie »

This last episode is sort of like the parts of War and Peace where Tolstoy goes off on his grand unified theory of history, which was highly idiosyncratic and detracted from the plot. Here we are treated to Naso's theory that the essence of "conservatism" is anti-intellecualism, a theory that a host of red avatars around here would no doubt share!  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies