Huntsman: Earth not flat; Christie: Sun does not revolve around Earth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:48:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Huntsman: Earth not flat; Christie: Sun does not revolve around Earth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huntsman: Earth not flat; Christie: Sun does not revolve around Earth  (Read 11131 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 24, 2011, 10:40:13 PM »

Just curious, Jim. How old DO you believe the Earth is? Really. No ducking the question, please.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:46:03 PM »

Just curious, Jim. How old DO you believe the Earth is? Really. No ducking the question, please.

probably billions

why?

Just curious, where does your apparantly creationist view cross with the Earth being billions of years old?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »

Just curious, where does your apparantly creationist view cross with the Earth being billions of years old?

on what grounds would my creationist views be in conflict with any age of the earth greater than 6000 years?

Well, let me answer that question with a question: Approximately how long ago do you asciribe the---let's say "appearance"--of humankind?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:31:26 PM »

Badger, is not having a point just part of your charm, or do you intend to get some place with your line of questioning?

Sorry I wasn't sitting raptly awaiting your next nugget of wisdom.

One point I have to start  is how you don't find conflict between the Genesis version of God creating the world and all its organisms in seven days vs. the world being billions of years old and mankind only 6000+ years old.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:54:20 PM »

Badger, you are aware that individual words have multiple meanings right?

also, the sun and moon were created until the 4th day (or was it the 3rd?), so the days before had nothing to do with timint the position of the sun in the sky..

...and the 7th day was an ETERNAL day, as interpreted by none other than the bible itself...meaning, the biblical interpretation of the duration of the 7th day is eternity and that interpretatoin is explicitly give and is not questionable

so, the lengths of the days were anywhere from undefined to eternal, or a mix of undefined and eternal

So we agree ascribing a "day" to God as the equivilent of 24 hours on earth is hubris and doesn't discount The Creation and Darwinism going hand in hand.

So how do you jive that with Genesis's account of God creating the many creatures of Earth essentially out of the firmament from scratch. Unless you are saying he created the animals in multiple "waves" to constitute each "day".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »

actually, Genesis doesnt say whether there was a process, or whether things just came into being with a poof...the creation account is both timeless and process-undefined...

So your problem with evolution is....?

And you would consider yourself a Creationist how.....?

Off to bed; I'll read your response in the morning.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:09:56 AM »

jmfcst, what position are you advocating here?  I can't really tell.  

that God created the entire universe with purpose and design....but the timetable and processes (if any) he used to do so are not defined in the bible.

So you are a typical evolutionist like most people (myself included) who accept evolution via natural selection to have been the building block of of our zoology, but realizes holding so doesn't discount the existance of God one whit because who can't say Evolution was God's tool of creation?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies