Puerto Rico (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:53:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Puerto Rico (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Puerto Rico  (Read 14779 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

« on: March 25, 2004, 01:11:03 AM »

I think Puerto Rico should become a state, because they're taking our money. Start paying taxes bi*chzes!!
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 12:37:06 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2004, 12:37:54 PM by Brambila »

New York is very liberal, so every ethnicity in NYC is going to vote left. Although I know Puerto Ricans are weird, (very different from any other hispanic culture), they probably will swing both ways.

I seriously like the idea of taking over Mexico. "The United States of America and Mexico". We should wait till they integrate a little more though.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 01:56:28 PM »

I know. Sure, historically southwest USA is part of Mexico, but we took over that... why not finish it? btw I am mexican and lived in mexico.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 10:07:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Abortion? Puerto Rico is definately liberal on a lot of issues, but I doubt that's one of them.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 10:59:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Abortion? Puerto Rico is definately liberal on a lot of issues, but I doubt that's one of them.

If it's not liberal on abortion, how come women used to flock to Puerto Rico to get abortions done?

A lot of people get abortions because they don't know enough about it. Though abortion is very legal and very high in Puerto Rico, only a certain percentage of women have abortions. Contraceptives arn't used as much in Puerto Rico, so abortions are used for birth control. In a study done by TGI Puerto Rico, 57% of Puerto Ricans somewhat or completely agree with the statement that "I am more pro-life than pro-choice". Only 7% somewhat or completely disagreed. So obviously Puerto Rico is not that liberal on the issue.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 11:08:28 PM »

Source-Women's News... lol... what a farse.

I never said that the Puerto Ricans were ardent pro-lifers, but you seem to be implying they are ardent pro-choicers, which is simply not the case.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 11:11:39 PM »

29% does not equal "most of the population". As I've already shown from several GALLUP polls, 70% of Americans are pro-life in 95% of the cases it's done.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 11:25:24 PM »

I don't think you realize how long it takes to do that. It took Roe several years before the law was passed (and by the way, the "Roe" in Roe vs. Wade is now pro-life and Catholic). Further, not all of the seante is pro-life. About 85% of the republicans and 4% of the democrats vote pro-life. In the house it's more, with 81% of republicans and 21% of democrats voting pro-life.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 10:18:06 AM »

I don't think you realize how long it takes to do that. It took Roe several years before the law was passed (and by the way, the "Roe" in Roe vs. Wade is now pro-life and Catholic). Further, not all of the seante is pro-life. About 85% of the republicans and 4% of the democrats vote pro-life. In the house it's more, with 81% of republicans and 21% of democrats voting pro-life.

How convenient of her...  she got her abortion and now she's pro-life...  she should have the decency to allow other women to make the choice she was able to make...  I don't respect scumbag hypocrites like her.

Hypocrite? Becuase she converted? Gore used to be pro-life, anti-gay, and very conservative... is he a hypocrite too? Come on. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a hypocrite and radical christian fundamentalist, it seems.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 12:47:54 PM »

How convenient of her...  she got her abortion and now she's pro-life...  she should have the decency to allow other women to make the choice she was able to make...  I don't respect scumbag hypocrites like her.

Hypocrite? Becuase she converted? Gore used to be pro-life, anti-gay, and very conservative... is he a hypocrite too? Come on. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a hypocrite and radical christian fundamentalist, it seems.
Brambila
don't you understand. anybody who change his/her views for the one's of CT's is smart, the other way he is either hypocrat or stupid.
Smiley

Oh, sorry, my bad. I'll go mortify myself...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies