Dominant Parties Survivor Organisation Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Dominant Parties Survivor Organisation Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dominant Parties Survivor Organisation Thread  (Read 989 times)
Foucaulf
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »

I've floated this idea around in the future survivors topic, but I think my rules are unique enough that they should be examined beforehand. I also ask those who are interested to post in this thread, since I'll need a fixed number of players for this.

What do I mean by a "dominant party"? By that I mean a party who ruled a jurisdiction (but mostly countries) for a long period without pause. Some of these parties exist in a democratic system, others totalitarian. I also try to ignore parties that are clearly a front for a dictator, like parties for most African nations and some communist countries. Norway's Arbeiderpartiet is a good example, but won't be included in the survivor.

Parties will be split into groups and the top 2 or 3 of each advance to a final showdown.

How this will be played:
  • Every player receives x amount of points that will be used until each group has its winners. Players give points to any of the parties in each group. Points cannot be renewed; it is the player's fault if all the points are used early on.
  • At the end of each round, a player is randomly chosen to be the "terminator". He chooses a party to be eliminated.
  • So what do the points do? They act as insurance; if a party has more than y points, the terminator cannot eliminate it. However, if every party passes the immunity threshold, immunity is disabled for that round.

Clearly the game becomes very different. A player has to strategise in order to protect his preferred party. What I want to know is how fun a game like that would be!

Any other comments will be appreciated.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »

I'm interested, sure.

Just 2 things:

- we need to be sure you'll end this survivor yourself Wink. Sorry, but too many managers of survivors have dropped big ones, with all our votes wasted... Smiley

- maybe you can wait one more week before beginning, because, currently, the turnout is very low and many of us (see my "poor" Women in political dynasties survivor... Sad) have problems to reach decent amounts of votes Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »

I usually join in the beginning.  If I lose interest and forget about the survivor, just send me a PM Tongue

- maybe you can wait one more week before beginning, because, currently, the turnout is very low and many of us (see my "poor" Women in political dynasties survivor... Sad) have problems to reach decent amounts of votes Tongue

See Books of the Bible Sad
JonBidinger
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

Sounds interesting, im in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies