Why the GOP is "perceived" to be out of touch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:48:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why the GOP is "perceived" to be out of touch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the GOP is "perceived" to be out of touch  (Read 4826 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »

Liberals talk just about their radical positions gay marriage and abortion as much as Republicans do.  Its just that Democrats are not hounded by the liberal media. 
Incorrect.  Not one democrat over the last year has spoken about the "fringe issues" as the economy continues to struggle.  There's the difference.

Yeah, because repealing DADT was imperative to ensuring economic stability. Roll Eyes

Did anyone actually care about that?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »

Getting back to the actual topic, I'm getting sick of hearing certain people whine about social conservatives. Yes, the economy is issue number one, yes the deficit and debt are important. However, if you truly believe that abortion is the killing of a child, then by all means, why wouldn't it be an important issue? If it's killing, and I believe it is, then why should I remain silent about it? Hmmmm?Huh?....

That issue doesn't really correlate as much as you'd think with other attitudes, particularly with our generation.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »

Of course the rich northeastern protestants learned their lesson and repackaged themselves as
"conservatives" while basically keeping their core views. Case in point: the entire Bush family.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 04:54:19 PM »

Liberals talk just about their radical positions gay marriage and abortion as much as Republicans do.  Its just that Democrats are not hounded by the liberal media. 

I think you mean corporate media, so I'll bold your mistake. I would love to hear from an advocate of this asinine phrase, "liberal media," to give me a convincing argument in favor of their position. Why would the media be left of center when it's financed by the wealthiest corporations the world has ever known. I would ask for some common sense, but that's perhaps too much from the party of paranoia and demagoguery.

Only a typical out of touch coastal wannabe radical would make this "argument". I guess you think anything short of Castro's Cuba is basically "rightwing" but almost nobody would agree with that.

Nope. MSNBC has a liberal bias, but it's a flimsy one and really more based on sensationalism, because Palin stories get ratings and therefore money. FOX is not only right-wing and creating useless stories (like that Common thing) in order to try and bring down the president, but is the largest and most influential. Obama would have won an extra 2 or 3 states if not for their propaganda and Rove's blatant lies to get Democrats out of the voting booth (remember recently when the Wisconsin GOP sent absentee ballots with instructions to send them back after election day?)

GE got stimulus and government contracts in Iraq so it's understandable MSNBC would have certain biases. Take of that what you will.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies