What European countries allow handgun ownership? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:26:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What European countries allow handgun ownership? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What European countries allow handgun ownership?  (Read 15357 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 15, 2007, 12:22:03 AM »

Hand guns are legal in France. We are probably the most hand gun friendly nation in Europe

I would have never expected that. Learn something new everyday.

They allow them because they would never be used if faced with a foreign enemy. They'd be used to buy foreign support. You know the old joke. "French guns for sale, never used, only dropped once"

Who uses handguns distributed among the civilian population to face foreign invaders?

Iraqis.

AK-47s aren't handguns. Lots of countries dole out submachine guns and assault rifles to party militias, reservists, and the general public to fight invaders or rebels.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »

I know that Germany does not, though really, I think it would make things better in Germany, alot less probablem I think with violent crime, as the only ones who have guns in Germany are hunters and Criminals (Neo-Nazi's, Antifa, etc etc..) might allow people to protect themselves better. Then again, German Police can carry MP5's alot more often then in America...so...

yeah that's one thing I noticed while I was in Europe: European police seem a lot better-armed than their American equivalents. Then again, there also seem to be less of them, though that may just be in the areas I visited.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies