Opinion of hand raising during church (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:50:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of hand raising during church (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of hand raising during church
Very Positive

Positive

Neutral

Negative

Very Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of hand raising during church  (Read 4543 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: August 28, 2011, 02:55:30 PM »

Horrid, horrid.  I can tell I'll hate a church if people start waving their hands around like lunatics.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

Very Positive. Im not pentecostal, but Church can be fun like theirs...Wink Seriously, dancing in the rows, blaring Southern Gospel (Shirly Ceaser anyone Smiley?), screaming "Amen" all the time, its actually quite fun. It gives a feeling of community to Church.

It gives a feeling of "scary cult" to the church. "Scary, creepy Pentecostal cult".  *shudder*

My Catholic brethren, do not let these other Protestants lead you astray: there are Protestants in the world who rightfully recognize the sedentary nature of church services!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »

Very Positive. Im not pentecostal, but Church can be fun like theirs...Wink Seriously, dancing in the rows, blaring Southern Gospel (Shirly Ceaser anyone Smiley?), screaming "Amen" all the time, its actually quite fun. It gives a feeling of community to Church.

It gives a feeling of "scary cult" to the church. "Scary, creepy Pentecostal cult".  *shudder*

My Catholic brethren, do not let these other Protestants lead you astray: there are Protestants in the world who rightfully recognize the sedentary nature of church services!

When I think of creepy cult-like Pentecostals, I think of men dressed up in suits and women in those ridiculous dresses that are right out of the 19th century. Not the pierced, tattooed, hair dyed youngs in T-shirts and jeans that make up most of the crowd at my church.

Well, I don't think of pierced, tattooed, hair dyed youngs in t-shirts and jeans that make up most of the crowd at your church when I think of Pentecostals, either.  But I sure as heck think of hand raising.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies