The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:50:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193610 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »

I think Marriage certificates should be given to pregnant women in order to compel their Male Lovers to provide child support. 

In any other instance of marriage besides pregnancy, is a superficial and unnecessary government intrusion meant to prevent men from screwing around and protect outdated monogamy. 

As a general health issue, anal intercourse is dangerous and has higher rates of HIV and STD transmission.  If the government should regulate anything, it should outlaw anal intercourse and place anal intercourse as sodomy. 

This man's ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to his newsletter.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2011, 01:18:34 PM »

I think Marriage certificates should be given to pregnant women in order to compel their Male Lovers to provide child support. 

In any other instance of marriage besides pregnancy, is a superficial and unnecessary government intrusion meant to prevent men from screwing around and protect outdated monogamy. 

As a general health issue, anal intercourse is dangerous and has higher rates of HIV and STD transmission.  If the government should regulate anything, it should outlaw anal intercourse and place anal intercourse as sodomy. 

This man's ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to his newsletter.

Congratulations soon to be Subscriber number 3.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2011, 11:51:24 AM »

I don't see any issue with the first paragraph of that...

"I would think Jewish Economists would recognize the importance of Christmas." has some issues.
You think they wouldn't?

The sentence would belong into any rebuttal of the bizarro theory the thread this is from (which I shall not venture into) appears to be about.

Also:
As a general health issue, anal intercourse is dangerous and has higher rates of HIV and STD transmission.
happens to be plain fact, too. Tongue
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2011, 11:22:07 PM »

Yes, let's never forget how FDR let Japan attack us.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »

This country would be better off today if Pat Buchanan had been President.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2011, 12:46:41 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=145092.0
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2011, 11:48:42 PM »

It would have avoided having W as President.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2011, 10:00:43 PM »

It's always wonderful to see the efforts of reactionaries to ban the free press.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #308 on: December 11, 2011, 07:28:55 PM »

Well, if I have such a large vocabulary, how could I possibly be inarticulate?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #309 on: December 11, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »

That thread is the most fun I've had in a while. Sad, isn't it?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #310 on: December 11, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »

Kevin undercovers Gingrich victory strategy!

Remember they said this "unlikeable dysfunctional damaged goods asshole" "stood no chance".

Guess the Pubbies who said that in 1992 wrong in that assumption?

Lesson learned" Assuming your candidate is going to win because the other guy is flawed" has the karma to come back and bite you in the ass.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #311 on: December 12, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »

Hmm let's see... America has a 15 trillion dollar debt... Oh! I know! Let's give out free checks to people so we can increase our debt even faster! While we're at it, we'll tax the rich (everyone over 150,000 year income) until they're poor like the rest of us, or move to another country. Sounds like a wonderful plan on how to destroy USA at a quick pace.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #312 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:42 PM »

This guy's brain performs its tasks poorly.

PPP deliberately generates poll numbers that look much better for Democrats until election time gets a lot closer, then they correct the poll numbers to save face.

Remember, PPP is nothing more than a Democrat propaganda outfit. Hence the tweens here who worship it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #313 on: December 14, 2011, 10:13:31 PM »

Mitt is working on his Reagan aura, so of course the government gophers despise him. Imagine how much they'll hate him after eight years of success in the White House.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20:41 AM »

Obama's voting base gets to freeload off better men and women. Congrats?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »

Damn your fast Wink.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2011, 08:40:28 PM »

Got another one:

Moreover, I literally can't believe the arrogance of pathetic teenage computer nerds. These are the same pukes who will go and get brainwashed propaganda from a bunch of marxist professors and who suddenly think that they are somehow more intelligent than those who graduate with solid job skills from a real training program.

Flight school is far more difficult than your psychology, sociology, women's studies, or other nonsense program that you have invested in.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2011, 07:02:46 AM »

Oswald. Unlike the Oklahoma City bombing, the government is not covering anything up here. What happened happened.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2011, 10:10:57 AM »

President Bush and vice president Quayle were reelected in the 1992 US Presidential Election by a larger than expected margin. Said to be Reagan's last gift to the republican party and his former vice president, California was won again for the republican ticket in an upset. Bill Clinton and Al Gore, the losers in that election, each returned to their respective jobs they were already holding. Bill Clinton completed his term as governor of Arkansas and Al Gore returned to the united states senate.
In a surprising turn of events, the economy began to slowly, but consistentally improve during the second Bush administration. President Bush signed a small tax increase in 1993. He felt that there were no political consequences this time, seeing that he was in his second term. The tax increase, while relatively unpopular, it helped to improve the economy. President Bush proved to focus his second term on more domestic policy than foreign policy, as was promised in the 1992 campaign. The economy's improvement gave the White House and the American people a good feeling during Bush's second term.
The 1994 mid term elections brought some interesting results. This was an election that showed republican fatigue, but also republicans didn't suffer terribly, as the economy was improving. Republicans looked to have a shot at retaking control of congress for the first time since the 1950s. Throughout election night, there were early in the evening, some uninspiring results for republicans. Chuck Robb won as the polls closed and Harris Wofford held off Rick Santorum, both major projections and holds for the democrats. However, as the night went on, republicans began to pick up a few senate seats. Hope was still alive. When there were five races left, republicans needed all of them to control the senate. However, when Bob Carr upset Spencer Abraham, the republican, in the state of Michigan, the senate stayed with the democrats. However, for example, Bill Frist defeated Jim Sasser with 51 percent of the vote to 47 percent with the other 2 percent going to minor candidates. This was a major victory as were some other pick ups. However, democrats retained control of congress.
As Bush entered his final two years in office, the President found ways to work well with the democratic congress. It became big news when in 1996, Bush, working with the democratic congress, was finally able to balance a federal budget. This was the first time since the Kennedy/Johnson administrations that a federal budget was balanced. In the middle of 1996, President Bush brought former President Reagan back to the White House and presented him with the presidential medal of freedom.
When it came to politics of 1996, vice president Dan Quayle flirted with a run for the presidency, but in the end, he declined to run for the republican nomination. He may have done this, due to the fact that his long time colleague and friend, Richard Lugar decided to run for president. Bob Dole, Pat Buchanan, and other also ran. In the end, however, Richard Lugar beat Bob Dole and won the republican nomination for President. Lugar selected senator Connie Mack III of Florida as his running mate. This was considered a strong republican ticket.
On the democratic side, there would be a surprise. Bill Clinton announced his candidacy for another run for the presidency. Al Gore, in a surprising move, endorsed Clinton for the democratic nomination. Dick Gephardt also ran for the presidency. Jerry Brown, Bob Kerrey, and Tom Harkin also ran for the democratic nomination But, also, Michael Dukakis, the former Massachusetts governor and 1988 looser, announced again that he would run for president. In an upset, Dukakis defeated the wide field of candidates for the democratic nomination. He selected Bob Kerrey of Nebraska as his running mate. The Dukakis/Kerrey ticket was seen as a strong ticket for the democrats to nominate.

It was Dukakis/Kerrey vs Lugar/Mack III for the presidency in 1996. The polls went back and forth all campaign long, with the republican ticket leading by one percentage point in the final polls going into election day. Which ticket will prevail? Given another chance, will republicans take control of congress this time. It all remains to be seen in election night 1996, Dukakis vs Lugar coming up next.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:06 AM »

Pointy nose kittehs are for teh gheys.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2011, 11:54:03 AM »

It seems kind of odd for one of the least important Jewish holidays to coincide with one of Christianity's most important holidays (second only to Easter).  I guess that's on purpose so as to not overshadow or short-circuit the importance of Christmas.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »

Europe as free or more free then the USA? Not before we had to bail your asses out of fascism a while back, turds

Again: Relevant to this topic how? It's to avoid adressing the claims, sure. Whatever you and your precious military did 70 years ago doesn't have much to do with the current situation.

"Your precious military"?

Our military ought to be precious to everyone for what it has done thruout its history, especially an American like yourself

I also think it is ironic that the author takes a crap on American nationalism for thiinking every other nation is worse, as part of an article on why America is worse
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #322 on: December 18, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »

It seems kind of odd for one of the least important Jewish holidays to coincide with one of Christianity's most important holidays (second only to Easter).  I guess that's on purpose so as to not overshadow or short-circuit the importance of Christmas.

I just can't believe he said that.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #323 on: December 18, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »

Click for context.

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13