The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 41
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 192558 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »

Here is the response video, about something that happened less than six months before the 2002 Olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPvi8sOGN5U

Wanting to ensure security and restore confidence in America with a successful 2002 Olympics? Shame on you, Mitt!

Stay classy.

I'm not the one badmouthing the most recent Olympics held in America, an event that helped restore some American confidence after the tragic events of 9/11. You want to talk about stimulating the economy, ensuring that the American Olympics are a success is a pretty good way to stimulate the economy after one of the most tragic events in American history!

Mitt helped the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City succeed. Democrats would have preferred to see the Olympics succeed somewhere in Europe instead.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #601 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »

Politico is one of the most ignorant SOBs ever.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #602 on: February 19, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »

I love the United States of America. I love her so much that it hurts and makes me angry, frustrated and saddened when I see her in bad shape.

All around the world in Human history we've seen attempts at Government and society that could better the lives of people. Sadly, most of these attempts failed. But, for almost 237 years now, the United States of America has remained the sole torch that carries the light of freedom around the world. Many other countries now live under monarchies, dictatorships, and even anarchy. But America remains freedom's last best hope. Where would people look to without the United States? Greece? France? China? It's a scary thought, which is exactly why we need to keep the fundamental principals of the United States alive and well for freedom's preservation.

Today, however, I see a bleak picture for the short term United States. I see a nation where people fear using the word God, which our country was founded on, which appears on our currency, because they are afraid that they may offend a select few people.

Government and higher-ups...must stay out of the lives of the American people. Don't tell us what doctor to go to, don't take the money we earn, don't tell us what we can feed our children in school lunches. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. President Ronald Reagan said, "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." Agreed, Mr. President.

The business of Government is NOT to control the American people. It's the job of the American people and the entrepreneurial spirit to help America run.

As Ronald Reagan also once said, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" It couldn't be more true.

When I hear Republican candidates speak about "the two visions for America", I know exactly what they mean. I see a country where people are terrified to do or say what's fundamentally right for fear of insulting a very small fraction of people. I see a country where people do everything they can to recieve goods and services for free, not to save money, but just because they feel entitled to it. They are entitled to nothing. The unalienable rights they have to act that way are what they are entitled to. Just as Westboro protesters can stand near a Military funeral and protest in a disgraceful way, regardless of how despicable it is, that is their right. It is the same that Americans have the right to bear arms. It's fact. It's our constitution. It's what America was founded on.

That's the difference between the ideologies. In the majority of America, if you asks somebody what they are, they don't say "a firemen" or a "teacher"...they say, "A Christian". Outside of New England, the West Coast and Chicagoland, it's quite different. I've heard people say, you want to feel the pulse of America, come to Trenton, or New York. I disagree, the pulse of America is in the heartland.

So comes my fear for the next four years. Barack Obama is re-elected. My fear is that the election will show America's divisions. As is the case in virtually ever national election, women and African Americans will vote overwhelmingly for the Democrats, while white voters and men will vote overwhelmingly for the Republicans. However, this fall, I feel it will be exaggerated. I feel that men and whites will vote astoundingly for the Republican candidate, most likely Santorum, while African Americans and women will vote astoundingly for Obama. Thus no matter what occurs (and don't rule out a Santorum victory with an Obama popular vote win) America will appear more divided than ever before along racial and gender lines.

Barack Obama will take office again on January 20, 2013 and the second term curse begins. From Watergate to Iran Contra to Impeachment to Katrina/Economic Collapse. 1974, 1987, 1999, 2006....second term years that left a large negative on each of those four Presidents. It's of course too early to yet determine if Barack Obama will escape the same fate.

Then you have the midterms of 2014, which if Obama is re-elected, appear favorable for Republicans. Then a wide bench of non-flawed Republican candidates vs. a slim bench of older, unappealing Democratic candidates. Thus in November 2016, we elect a Republican President, continuing the politics of the last 16 years of one party succeeding the other.

But in my heart I know America will come back, it's just a question of if and when. I still see a country I love.

- Reaganfan
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #603 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »

“Calling [Santorum] a labor supporter would be similar to calling Mitt Romney a conservative. They’re both ridiculous." -Rick Bloomingdale, president of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO

Santorum couldn't really have asked for a better quote out of that dude, could he?

Yes. Santorum is a pawn of Big Labor. Do you think the AFL-CIO and their ilk want to blow $1 billion trying to beat Romney when they can spend a few mill helping Santorum win the nomination, and then spend next-to-nothing beating social issues/tone-deaf Santorum?

The Super PACs are largely anonymous. I bet Big Labor is donating to Santorum's Super PACs, through middlemen of course, and will continue to do so moving forward. They've probably been doing it since before Iowa. Remember when Santorum had a Super PAC in Iowa that was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars inexplicably? I even asked who was behind that back then. And then there's "Operation Backdoor," which you heard about here first. It's only a matter of time before journalists get to the bottom of this entire filthy, sticky mess.

Folks, I am a registered Democrat with ties to unions. I am a disillusioned Democrat, and I can tell you that dirty tricks are at play here. The fact that so many conservatives are being duped by a Big Labor orchestration is mind-blowing! Whichever paper blows the cover on this is going to win a Pulitzer!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=6521;sa=showPosts
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »

+2
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »

Fear not. The rest of the thread was.....sublime.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »

The title of this thread is completely bogus.

Santorum said,

"When it comes to the management of the Earth, they are the anti-science ones. We are the ones who stand for science, and technology, and using the resources we have to be able to make sure that we have a quality of life in this country and (that we) maintain a good and stable environment,"

The title should read,

Santorum: "Democratic management of the Earth is anti-Science."

I would cite Democratic attitudes toward nuclear power, hydraulic fracking, and the Keystone pipeline as evidence for Santorum's contention.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #608 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »

The political compass is ridiculously biased, please don't post it here.

don't call it a joke, it gets the point across.  this is the stuff I hate.  the counter-establishment stuff getting criticized for being unrealistic or embarrassing or etc.  give me a break.  which side are you on?  just a few days ago EMD called the Occupy movement embarrassing.  embarrassing?  again, which team do you want to play for in life?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »

Pennsylvania is going to see red in 2012.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »

Unless he means red in the context of the way it's used on here.

Otherwise, this post fits.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #611 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #612 on: February 25, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »

Reading the above post reminds how f[Inks]ed up this country is; that 'belief' in climate change and evolution are considered 'liberal' opinions.

Perhaps, others consider it crazy that we've allowed these fraudulent theories to infect our country and twist our fellow citizens' minds.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #613 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »

Click for context.

I think it's safe to say that one of the best moments was watching Rick Santorum go down in 2006.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #614 on: February 28, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »

Romney because he is wealthy. Liberals want everybody to be equal; equally poor, that is.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #615 on: February 28, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »

Romney because he is wealthy. Liberals want everybody to be equal; equally poor, that is.

In your heart, you know Politico's right.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #616 on: February 28, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »

Let's face it: Some of you just want to turn this place into the red-headed little step-brother of Democratic Underground.

This used to be a lot more bipartisan of a place. Now one of the last Republican moderators is being targeted for assassination? Inks is fair. You will be happy to know that nobody has been more on my case than him with regards to my trolling. I deserved a lot of it. Inks cares about this place and does not want to see it sink into irrelevance, which is what will happen if some liberals on here have their way. Truth be told, my so-called trolling in the 2012 forum was in response to all of the Obama hackery I have witnessed over the past couple of years, which was reaching levels of absurdity by this summer. I am glad the Obama hackery has finally taken a hit because this place is US Election Atlas, not US Democratic LaLa-Land. If I wanted to read a bunch of delusional Democratic ranting with the stifling of dissent, I would go to Democratic Underground. I am glad the tide is turning, and hopefully the trend will continue so this place can regain its past glory.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #617 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »

Let's face it: Some of you just want to turn this place into the red-headed little step-brother of Democratic Underground.

This used to be a lot more bipartisan of a place. Now one of the last Republican moderators is being targeted for assassination? Inks is fair. You will be happy to know that nobody has been more on my case than him with regards to my trolling. I deserved a lot of it. Inks cares about this place and does not want to see it sink into irrelevance, which is what will happen if some liberals on here have their way. Truth be told, my so-called trolling in the 2012 forum was in response to all of the Obama hackery I have witnessed over the past couple of years, which was reaching levels of absurdity by this summer. I am glad the Obama hackery has finally taken a hit because this place is US Election Atlas, not US Democratic LaLa-Land. If I wanted to read a bunch of delusional Democratic ranting with the stifling of dissent, I would go to Democratic Underground. I am glad the tide is turning, and hopefully the trend will continue so this place can regain its past glory.

We're gingers, now?  Noooooooooo!!!!!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: February 28, 2012, 07:48:53 PM »

I always knew we didn't have souls...
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #619 on: February 29, 2012, 10:50:17 AM »

In your heart, you know Politico's right.

In my guts, I know you're nuts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #620 on: March 02, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »

Religions should be allowed to practice their beliefs and if that means letting someone go who does not hold to Catholic doctrine, then that's the beauty of our country and what I love about America. I feel bad for the teacher and don't find anything wrong with homosexuals who want to be together, but that's a different story. It's times like this that make me proud to be an American.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #621 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

Absolutely serious - My first thought the moment the news broke of his death was that Breitbart was assassinated because of the threat to release the Obama college days videos at CPAC.  Unlike other conservative warriors, Breitbart was our best and most effective.  He broke ACORN and won us a special house election in a D+5 district in NYC with the Weiner scandal.  I hope the videos do as intended.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #622 on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=150103.0

The whole thread
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #623 on: March 03, 2012, 10:44:39 PM »

To be honest, I am actually looking forward to growing old.  Each day that I get older puts me closer to going home to see my Jesus!  Note: my home is heaven, not Oklahoma.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #624 on: March 04, 2012, 02:46:37 AM »

Obama said we aren't a Christian nation and with his comments and policies I'd say he's an extremist advocating Shariah Law.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies