The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 41
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 192569 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 04, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »

A senate race that we forgot to tell you about. Republican senator John Vitter is seeking his third term to the senate against Cedric Richmond, the only democratic congressman in Louisiana. That race is undecided at this time.

In Utah, govenor Perry carries that state. Its a strong republican state and remains that way.

Rick Perry Wins Utah

In North Dakota, there was a time when democrats thought they would have a chance there, obviously tonight they don't. Perry wins in North Dakota.

Rick Perry Wins North Dakota

Nevada, well between Perry and Clinton, is undecided at this hour. Iowa is also undecided at this hour between the two. However, Michigan, this is a big projection, Michigan goes to Perry.

Rick Perry Wins Michigan

Rick Perry also wins Montana tonight and adds the elrectoral votes from Montana to his winning total tonight. Not a surprise.

Rick Perry Wins Montana
Perry: 318        Clinton: 87        270 needed to win

Now lets turn to some senate races that had their polls close at the 10 o'clock hour. Lets look them over.

Mike Lee easily wins again in Utah. A hold for the republicans there.

Mike Lee Wins Utah Senate Election

In Iowa, Jim Nussle is running against Leonard Boswell. They are running to succeed Chuck Grassley, the outgoing republican. That race is undecided at this time.

In North Dakota, John Hoeven wins there tonight again. Its a hold for the republicans there.

John Hoeven Wins North Dakota Senate Election

Six years ago, if they thought it was tough for Harry Reid six years ago, its even tough now. Brian Sandoval, the governor of Nevada, is challenging Harry Reid for his senate seat in Nevada tonight. That race is undecided.
Republican: 47        Democrat: 38        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Lets turn to our panel for some quick commentary.

You know, now the question is not if Perry will win, the question is what his margin of victory will be. He has a decent lead right now.

Any reasons from exit polls for such a mandate for governor Perry?

Across the nation, it shows character, likability, among other things.

Were coming back. Stay with us.

Along with Republican Governor George Clooney, Rick Perry is now beating Hillary Clinton by a landslide in GPORTERLand.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #751 on: April 04, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »

Mostly because of who this is coming from:

Obama is surrounded by yes men, lackeys, flunkys, toadys, and sycophants, who tell him what he wants to hear.

So obviously Obama.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #752 on: April 05, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

Why do you assume I wouldn't love my child?
I'm not at all accusing you of not loving your hypothetical child. I'm simply pointing out that by being so intolerant of their lifestyle (getting pissed when they bring their partner around) you're making life a lot, lot harder for them than it needs to be.

Love does not mean always agreeing with everything someone does. It is in many cases the exact opposite: still honestly hoping the best for someone when you are distinctly not in agreement. Loving one's enemies does not mean they are no longer enemies.

In the case of a child, I would have made a promise before God to raise that child in the practice of faith upon baptism and engaging in a homosexual act or entering into a homosexual relationship is a grave sin thus contrary to God's teachings. Their partner would not be permitted to enter my house as a partner and my child would not be permitted to see his/her partner. I would teach my child to remain celibate with every bit of effort I can muster. It would likely be difficult to succeed but what choice would I have? Loving a child would include wishing them eternal life in heaven not just temporal happiness.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #753 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

I'm not at all accusing you of not loving your hypothetical child. I'm simply pointing out that by being so intolerant of their lifestyle (getting pissed when they bring their partner around) you're making life a lot, lot harder for them than it needs to be.

Love does not mean always agreeing with everything someone does. It is in many cases the exact opposite: still honestly hoping the best for someone when you are distinctly not in agreement. Loving one's enemies does not mean they are no longer enemies.

In the case of a child, I would have made a promise before God to raise that child in the practice of faith upon baptism and engaging in a homosexual act or entering into a homosexual relationship is a grave sin thus contrary to God's teachings. Their partner would not be permitted to enter my house as a partner and my child would not be permitted to see his/her partner. I would teach my child to remain celibate with every bit of effort I can muster. It would likely be difficult to succeed but what choice would I have? Loving a child would include wishing them eternal life in heaven not just temporal happiness.

Since when does someone not have the authority to choose who can or cannot enter into his house? Parents have authority over their children while they are providing food, clothing, shelter, education, etc. for their children.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #754 on: April 05, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »

Since when does someone not have the authority to choose who can or cannot enter into his house? Parents have authority over their children while they are providing food, clothing, shelter, education, etc. for their children.

I don't object to a parent stopping their kid from being negatively influenced by someone they know.  It's the reasoning behind this decision that I find quite bothersome.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #755 on: April 05, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »

I don't object to a parent stopping their kid from being negatively influenced by someone they know.  It's the reasoning behind this decision that I find quite bothersome.

Entering into a homosexual relationship is sinful, therefore the partner would clearly be a negative influence.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #756 on: April 05, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »

Well it is rude for one, and contradicts the notion of love thy neighbor. Typical.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #757 on: April 05, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

Entering into a homosexual relationship is sinful, therefore the partner would clearly be a negative influence.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #758 on: April 05, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »

Can we outlaw religion, yet?  I'm sick of these horrific people cluttering up our planet with their bigotry.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: April 05, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »

This is why this thing got closed last time, because instead of actually arguing why something is supposedly "absurd", "ignorant" or "bad" you can all collectively troll anyone who disagrees with you and post it in this thread as though it's self-evidently stupid by your collective liberal group-think.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #760 on: April 05, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 01:03:43 PM by Governor Napoleon »

A religious accusing others of groupthink? You can't help but love this sh**t.

It's okay. Step outside when you're ready. Smiley
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #761 on: April 05, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 01:06:41 PM by Senator TJ »

And what if I was in the closet? Would that disqualify my opinion any?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #762 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

Weird phrasing.
Anyway my best friend since childhood is gay and came out to me. When you're ready, you will be accepted more than you may think right now. Not to mention, you will feel a lot better.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #763 on: April 05, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »

This is why this thing got closed last time, because instead of actually arguing why something is supposedly "absurd", "ignorant" or "bad" you can all collectively troll anyone who disagrees with you and post it in this thread as though it's self-evidently stupid by your collective liberal group-think.

I hope that this thread gets closed once and forever if it continues to go down the path you are describing here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #764 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »

It's sad to see how easily certain people are ready to make the lives of those they love miserable, in good faith.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #765 on: April 05, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »

What is there to argue, really?  If you hold morals like this because of your religious beliefs, there really isn't much to argue.  I, myself, have my own interpretation of the Bible that pisses off both militant Christians and militant atheists because they don't think my view on religion is the right one.

In fact, this is why I almost never argue religion with people or even discuss it with those who don't share my theological views.  But it was that one post in particular that bothered me, personally.  Religion should never surpass human decency, in my opinion; especially since that was ultimately what Christ preached: human decency.

Anyway, this is my last post on the matter.  I didn't intend to hijack this thread and I wish I had just been quiet about it in the first place, now.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #766 on: April 05, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »

Now that that's over:

Does the US electorate agree with the birther stuff that Obama was not born here?

I for one symphatise with the birthers.  Obama has not conclusively proved his birth and Sheriff Arpaio is doing an investigation.

Republicans should use the birther issue more.  Why are they not pursuing it? 

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #767 on: April 05, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »

I'm beginning to think Inks was right about this. Nearly every time a post ends up in here, it becomes a flame war.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #768 on: April 05, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #769 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #770 on: April 06, 2012, 12:23:43 AM »

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #771 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:59 AM »

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.

Respect your elders Inks. He's been around on this forum A LOT longer than you have.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #772 on: April 06, 2012, 12:45:37 AM »

Respect your elders Inks. He's been around on this forum A LOT longer than you have.

Whoa dude. Don't you see his stars are green? Where is your hall pass?!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #773 on: April 06, 2012, 12:47:48 AM »

Can we outlaw religion, yet?  I'm sick of these horrific people cluttering up our planet with their bigotry.
If that's supposed to be ironic, it worked!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #774 on: April 06, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »

I just glanced through his recent posts...he's had somewhere between 2-5 posts (depending on how you define things) of any substance on a real subject in his last 105 posts.  It doesn't take long to do because most of his posts are either one line, or long quotes with nothing added.  Inks is 100% correct.  He's like your buddy, but without the bright colors and old timey piano playing in the background.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies