The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:33:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 192964 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: April 06, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »

The last 2 pages are good examples of why this is a stupid thread. TJ posted something that one can certainly find very disagreeable (I do) but which is an opinion and probably a fairly common opinion in the world.

Now, instead of actually responding to that and proving via argumentation why it is wrong, someone posts it here. General sneering ensues. When he responds here, his response is just quoted back. That's playground taunting of the kind that would be embarassing even to a 9-year old.

Are you guys really so uncertain of your opinions that you need to post them here to get validation? And do you really have to accuse homophobes of being closeted to make your points? I know some of you are young, but still. Grow up and either stand for your views or shut up about them.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #776 on: April 06, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 04:18:29 AM by Governor Napoleon »

The homophone ending up being gay meme has been around for ages. It is actually sad how often it ends up being the case. I thought TJ would have seen a reaction like that coming before he posted that. I didn't see this outrage when people (including moderators) almost bullied Miles off the forum.
I don't really put posts in here though except when I wanted to make a point about locking this thread.
oh, and im actually older than you but not by much
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #777 on: April 06, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.

Thank you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #778 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:05 AM »

The homophone ending up being gay meme has been around for ages. It is actually sad how often it ends up being the case. I thought TJ would have seen a reaction like that coming before he posted that. I didn't see this outrage when people (including moderators) almost bullied Miles off the forum.
I don't really put posts in here though except when I wanted to make a point about locking this thread.
oh, and im actually older than you but not by much

Eh, I know it has. I don't live under a rock. It's just that it's rather crude. It is, essentially, just name-calling.

And I wasn't specifically talking about you nor about, strictly speaking, actual age. The mental age of this behaviour is under the threshold for being allowed on the forum, after all.

Also, I don't know what the Miles thing you're refering to is.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #779 on: April 06, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »

The homophone ending up being gay meme has been around for ages.

Agreed.  It's like "air" and "heir", or "earn" and "urn".  That's totally gay.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #780 on: April 06, 2012, 05:10:27 AM »

Thanks Scott, Napoleon and Clarance. You three were always really good to me.

This thread is probably something of an overreaction, but things that The Mikado and Leif said about me being and HP really bugged me. I guess I kinda wanted to make a point.

I'll probably do another thread on how we all need to be nicer and more civil  to each other (I'll post that sometime soon), but I'll probably stay on. Smiley

To which Mikado responds:

I don't call people who disagree with me horrible people.  I call bigoted misogynists horrible people.  You're in the latter category.

I didn't think that was very cool. Miles' feelings were more obviously hurt there than TJ could be from this, and the moderator proceeds with another. I'm just glad it didn't end pushing a good member of with unique views to leave this forum. If anything, TJ's post could be hurtful to anyone who, or anyone with friends or loved ones who, are gay and have had to deal with homophobic parents and the pain it can cause. Torie handled it better though.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #781 on: April 06, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #782 on: April 06, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 10:07:27 AM by Dale Cooper »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.

Respect your elders Inks. He's been around on this forum A LOT longer than you have.
I just glanced through his recent posts...he's had somewhere between 2-5 posts (depending on how you define things) of any substance on a real subject in his last 105 posts.  It doesn't take long to do because most of his posts are either one line, or long quotes with nothing added.  Inks is 100% correct.  He's like your buddy, but without the bright colors and old timey piano playing in the background.

Sorry I haven't met your standards, sir.

I appreciate you going through my last 100 posts though. Hopefully that was the cure for your hard-on.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #783 on: April 06, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »

lol this thread.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #784 on: April 06, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 06:24:35 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

I went through and cleared out the clutter at Dale's request in the other thread, but apparently as I did that, he locked it and unlocked this one.  So, I've deleted the old thread.  Let the deluge begin...

EDIT: Also, as I said in my disclaimer in the old new thread, which is no longer in existence: I'm not going to police this thread to make sure that people are only posting bad posts, and not turning into back-and-forth discussions.  So, you're on the honor system.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #785 on: April 06, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »

I went through and cleared out the clutter at Dale's request in the other thread, but apparently as I did that, he locked it and unlocked this one.  So, I've deleted the old thread.  Let the deluge begin...

No, that was me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #786 on: April 06, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »

No, that was me.

You deleted it?  Hmm... we must've done it at the same time.  Oh well - doesn't matter now.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #787 on: April 06, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »

I went through and cleared out the clutter at Dale's request in the other thread, but apparently as I did that, he locked it and unlocked this one.  So, I've deleted the old thread.  Let the deluge begin...

No, that was me.

You deleted it?  Hmm... we must've done it at the same time.  Oh well - doesn't matter now.

No no. I just locked it and unlocked this one. It was clear it wasn't going any where.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #788 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

I went through and cleared out the clutter at Dale's request in the other thread, but apparently as I did that, he locked it and unlocked this one.  So, I've deleted the old thread.  Let the deluge begin...

No, that was me.

You deleted it?  Hmm... we must've done it at the same time.  Oh well - doesn't matter now.

No no. I just locked it and unlocked this one. It was clear it wasn't going any where.

That's what I said.  But while you did that, I was doing a one-time clutter deletion.  As I said a few posts above, you guys are on the honor system here to not get into back-and-forth discussions.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #789 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »

No, that was me.

You deleted it?  Hmm... we must've done it at the same time.  Oh well - doesn't matter now.

That's what I said. 

I don't want to be petty about this but since you brought it up:

Lock =/= Delete

Anyway, despite recent events I do my best so stay out of bickering, which really is why I don't post much outside of here. I report; the people decide.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #790 on: April 06, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »

You said, "No, that was me."  The only things I said I did was "cleared out the clutter" and "I've deleted the old thread."

So, what were you talking about when you said, "No, that was me"?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #791 on: April 06, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #792 on: April 06, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

Right.  I said, "he [Dale Cooper] locked it and unlocked this one."  So why did you say, "No, that was me"?  I said it was you who did that.  I'm confused where there's a discrepency here.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #793 on: April 06, 2012, 07:04:13 PM »

Aren't there more productive things to argue about, guys? :/
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #794 on: April 06, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »

Aren't there more productive things to argue about, guys? :/

I'm not arguing... from my view, we're saying the same thing... which is why I'm so confused.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #795 on: April 06, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 07:11:59 PM by Dale Cooper »

Right.  I said, "he [Dale Cooper] locked it and unlocked this one."  So why did you say, "No, that was me"?  I said it was you who did that.  I'm confused where there's a discrepency here.

My mistake. I read it as "Dave." I sometimes forget the moniker I'm posting under here. I'll take the hit on that one.

Now, lets stop this petty crap and put an end to whatever this exchange is (which you took it upon your self to initiate, by the way). My only issue with you has been in the regard to the initial closing of this thread. My intent in starting a new one was to try to keep it civil, direct discussion, and avoid the very things that ruined this thread (bickering, flame wars). Obviously that did not work out.

As long as this is open, whatever.

You can keep watching which forums and threads I post in if it really interests you but I'm not going to go any further in some pointless back and forth with an internet moderator.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #796 on: April 06, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »

Now, lets stop this petty crap and put an end to whatever this exchange is (which you took it upon your self to initiate, by the way).

Oh come on, don't try to paint me as the bad guy here.  You misread my post and attempted to correct me.  I'm fine to move on, because this whole thing is a non-issue.  I was just trying to understand you, but don't paint me out to be the bad guy.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #797 on: April 06, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »

Now, lets stop this petty crap and put an end to whatever this exchange is (which you took it upon your self to initiate, by the way).

Oh come on, don't try to paint me as the bad guy here.  You misread my post and attempted to correct me.  I'm fine to move on, because this whole thing is a non-issue.  I was just trying to understand you, but don't paint me out to be the bad guy.

I was referring more to you not liking me putting a quote here and then not once but twice singling me out for some reason for where I spend most of my time on the forum.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #798 on: April 07, 2012, 05:28:42 AM »

So the two people who most emphasized on using this thread only to quote posts have just engaged into a flame war in the exact same thread ? LOL
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #799 on: April 07, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »

So the two people who most emphasized on using this thread only to quote posts have just engaged into a flame war in the exact same thread ? LOL
Dave's vision and all.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies