The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:16:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193305 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 30, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »

While it doesn't fit the description of this thread, pretty much any thread that jmfcst starts from his mobile turns into a deluge of absurdity.

that's because a certain pillsbury dough boy of ours has to go and wallow in my mobile threads as if they were his private mobile fecal pen.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »

opebo is a far more Christ-like individual than Michele Bachmann. Or most on this forum, including myself.

If BRTD and Naso ever do a Vulcan mind meld together...it could really screw up the galaxy.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »

This wouldn't be that absurd if it came from almost anyone else . . .

in any case, I find it disturbing that someone would joke about being on welfare and food stamps....there are a lot of people in this country without jobs and a means to support their families, and to them it is no joke.

Ah, now eventually you do plan to have absurdity on your, on your absurdity tour, right?...Hello?

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »

but haven't I...

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

Yeah:  Many Christians understand Islam is the enemy of individual freedom and that the US is the champion of individual freedom.

I can't believe that people actually think like this.

Really? Where have you been the last decade?

he's been enjoying the freedom of Sharia law...and each Tuesday, he gets together with his Christian neighbors and together they run a local food bank
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

Really, everything that jmfcst has said in that thread has struck me as absurd and ignorant, though to be fair I know that he feels the same about what I've said.

as I said, arguments for waiting out Iran are viable, but claiming [SWAT teams are a "sin" but that sin is sometimes justifiable] is pure deception.  Once thing you'll discover about me is that I HATE attempts to distort language in an blatant attempt to piss down my back.

And when it comes from Christians, it is ALWAYS wrapped in some smiley face “why can’t we be friends” BS.  And when I say ALWAYS, I mean always.  The atheist don’t do it, rather it is always some Christian attempting to peddle BS that thinks wrappering their BS in “love” somehow is going to fool me.  It just makes it more sickening.

Deception is the antithesis of love.  Many have attempted it in the past and I’ve always called them out for it, and you are no exception.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 11:11:55 AM »

People who think that only slightly unconventional uses of language are 'distortions' have only their own simplistic view of language to blame. I never said that sin is 'justifiable' (I used words like 'understandable', 'tragic', 'forgivable', and even 'necessary' in response to an absurdly extreme hypothetical that nobody asked you about, always conditioning this by trying to point out the fallenness of the world only to realise that you think that this excuses your own love of crudeness and cruelty, but at no point 'justifiable', a word that you insisted on using after I tried repeatedly to clarify this point) and if you keep saying that I did I'm seriously considering reporting you.

1) saying sin is necessary and understandable and justifiable is NOT "unconventional uses of language", rather it is a clear and direct statement
2) and I havent been using absurd extreme hypotheticals, the examples I used are every day occurances in the world of law enforcement

if you want to defend your view that sin is justifiable, then go on the religion board and start a thread and give us some examples where scripture justifies sin...otherwise shut up, because until you can show me some examples, I'm not going to listen to it for it is contrary to everything I have read in my bible
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2011, 09:32:23 AM by jmfcst »

if you want to defend your view that sin is justifiable, then go on the religion board and start a thread and give us some examples where scripture justifies sin...otherwise shut up, because until you can show me some examples, I'm not going to listen to it for it is contrary to everything I have read in my bible

Why would I want to start a thread to defend a view that I don't hold and never said I held, you blithering idiot?

It's amazing to me that somebody who's apparently intelligent enough to run an IT company and teach kids about astronomy is simultaneously mouth-breathingly moronic enough to be somehow completely unaware of 'necessary evils', a concept which is so ubiquitous as for the phrase to be a cliche, morally craven enough to deal with his unfamiliarity with this basic concept by gleefully embracing the way a world that he himself believes is fallen, ruined, and dishonored operates, uncurious enough to completely ignore repeated exhortations to actually read up on an idea that he doesn't understand, and intellectually dishonest enough to continue to misrepresent and demonize a debating opponent's position after it's been made clear to him over and over again that that's what he is doing. Have you even heard of the principle of double effect, or do you just not care about any form of theory or reason other than your own sophomoric, defanged interpretation of the Bible?

Where is all of this coming from?  Weren’t you the one who said “killing in self-defense is a sin, but sometimes sin is justifiable”?

I’m simply stating four clear facts:
1)   Sin is clearly defined in the bible:  “sin is lawlessness”…meaning sin is acting in a way that is contrary to God’s laws
2)   No where in the bible is sin ever justified
3)   No where in the bible is killing in self defense remotely considered sin
4)   No where in the bible is repentance remotely necessary for soldiers who kill others during war (and there are a lot of examples of killing during war in the bible)

Killing in self-defense is NOT contrary to God’s laws…therefore it is NOT a sin…therefore repentance isn’t remotely necessary.  If you don’t like people disagreeing with your twisted definitions, then use proper definitions.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »

There's not a single kill in the history of the world that wasn't in "self-defense." Even an insane man like Manson and the gang had to frame justification before they did what they did.

I wasn't using the Manson definition of self-defense...rather I used the example of an every day SWAT mission, and he still believed SWAT members sin and needed to repent after killing someone.  It would seem to me that if your occupation included activity you know ahead of time is defined as sin, then repentance would mean finding another occupation.

But there is no resolution to this argument because his definition are contradictory.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »

If you know you are about to commit an act that is sinful, the correct response is to not act, not prepare a canned, disingenious "I'm sorry" speech to God for when after you're done.

Please stop.  You're making too much sense.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »

ok, this is moving to the Religion Board
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »

I haven't read a single word of what you guys are talking about but I'm sure it doesn't belong here.

my posts NEVER belong here  Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »

All of jmfcst's posts obviously belong in here.

sorry, didn't catch that, you're breaking up....can you call back using a land line?  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies