The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:27:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193329 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: August 29, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »

We needed this thread. I was considering doing one myself (calling it "stupidity sh*tmine") but forgot about it.

Absurdity and stupidity aren't the same thing, Antony.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

We should always take the position that any narrow GOP win is stolen. 

I remember a time when this could have gone in a comedy goldmine.  Alas, any act will grow stale if maintained too long without being changed.

Dude, its just basic strategy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »

He is sometimes funny, though mostly because he can due to his position of power in the cabal still insult people with impugnity.  Back when I could vent my spleen freely I was quite similar.

'Vent my spleen' is a common figure of speech, Gustaf.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »

He is sometimes funny, though mostly because he can due to his position of power in the cabal still insult people with impugnity.  Back when I could vent my spleen freely I was quite similar.

'Vent my spleen' is a common figure of speech, Gustaf.

I think you missed the absurdity.

No, misdirection is a form of retort, and there you have it!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2011, 03:30:14 PM by opebo »

Fox News has really done a number on the poor kid...

precisely my point in another thread where the self-satisfied little enpty-heads are enjoying poo-pooing poor old North Korea - most americans are just as 'mind-controlled' as any North Korean.  This Wonk is a great example.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 05:26:12 PM »

Fox News has really done a number on the poor kid...

precisely my point in another thread where the self-satisfied little enpty-heads are enjoying poo-pooing poor old North Korea - most americans are just as 'mind-controlled' as any North Korean.  This Wonk is a great example.

Opebo its quite easy for me to use "mind control"(I mean how stupid of a notion is that) on you given how much I can get you to run around in circles and argue with yourself. If I ever want to screw with you for my own amusement its pretty easy.

That's great little buddy, but the mind control I was talking about isn't one exersized by one insignificant nobody over another, but one exersized by the whole society from the hour of our birth - you and I have both been subjected to quite similar brain washing.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:15:56 AM »

I for one believe Wonkish works in Finance. He seems ... that sort of background.

I agree.  I do find it quite believable, though I had always heard that such people 'worked 18 hour days'; thus his presence here casts doubt on either the 'hard working' myth about the financier, or his claim to be one.

Then again isn't he in Wisconsin?  I think the only 'finance' people in a state like that are insurance salesmen.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »

So the two people who most emphasized on using this thread only to quote posts have just engaged into a flame war in the exact same thread ? LOL

I wasn't emphasizing that... I could care less whether people only quote posts or not. Tongue

Its nice that you appear here every third post to give the chilling effect a 'human' face.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »

Allende ... stole nearly all the farmland in the country...

Oh come on now, are you really thinking about what you're saying?  You do realize all that land was stolen by Spanish aristocrats from the Indians, where were still slaves upon it in Allende's day (and are so still today!).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies