The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193556 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 31, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »

It has become pretty clear that only a Paul or a Kucinich will fix our dangerous foreign policy mistakes here in the US of A.

Love it. Grin

Especially because the 1st guy would implement the opposite policies of the 2nd one...

You make no sense.

So, what differences would exist in their foreign policies?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:16:01 PM »

So you actually think Kucinich and Paul would implement the same policies ? Huh

Once again, you ignore the specific kind of policies that Napoleon was referring to. I know the English word is completely different from the French word, but I assume you still know it. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 03:02:13 PM »

So you actually think Kucinich and Paul would implement the same policies ? Huh

Once again, you ignore the specific kind of policies that Napoleon was referring to. I know the English word is completely different from the French word, but I assume you still know it. Smiley

Surely, someone speaking foreign would be expected to understand the word?

I was trying to give him credit here, albeit in a rather idiosyncratic fashion. I'm not seriously suggesting that he wouldn't know the meaning of the word "foreign".
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:52:16 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2011, 03:55:11 AM by Emperor PiT »

OK, my bad. I misread. I'm not an expert on Kucinich and Paul's foreign policy planks, but if there is an issue where they aren't necessarily diametrally opposed, it might be foreign policy.

I suspected as much. For what it matters, they are both ardent opponents of foreign wars. Given Napoleon's proposal of the End to Imperialism Act, I am pretty sure that's what he was getting at.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:27:24 PM »

A classic example of assuming too much:

So a bunch of racist twats did something that was clearly racist and got offended when they were called out on it? Shocking.

Is it wrong that I'd feel no sympathy for Asians if admissions were specifically made harder for Asians? On average, most of the drive from academics that comes from Asians seems to emanate from helicopter parents and ridiculous standards at predominantly Asian schools. I don't think this would be replicated at adulthood and I don't think it's indicative of real interest in academics.

(before some says "das racist", I'm playing devil's advocate. If we're going to have race based affirmative action for "diversity" and "school character" [dumb, dumb ideas imo], it might make some sense to make admissions for asians harder)

I agree, I felt the same way when I went to a 50% Asian skool. It was telling that many of the kids I encountered were mediocre-to-average but got in because they were heavily coached. My friend even said that "Asians seem so homogenous that if you're friends with one, there is no need to bother with more".  It was cold.

I get it.  If Asians beat you on the test and get in they are "coached."  If you do better on the test than an African American and they get in that's racist.

In other words any scenario where any race other than white is admitted shows the system is clearly racist. Nice.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »

What was that thread, if no one minds telling me?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies