The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:07:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193117 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
« edited: October 14, 2011, 03:11:08 PM by Dale Cooper »

We have a comedy institute. We have an "oh snap" center. I think we should have a place where we put those posts that just make us shake our head and ask ourselves if the person just seriously posted that.

Please leave debate out of this. If you really must argue over something, please do so in the original topic.

If we amend it to "never won," then JFK.

Ike was the best post-war president from either party. Come to think of it, it kind of strikes me as odd that conservatives are so nostalgic for the 50s, when it was a time of high taxes, high regulation, massive government spending and expansion, and social discontent (which granted, didn't come to a head until the 60s, but still).

Massive spending?

The 50s was pre-Medicare.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »

Why do we need threads documenting J.J., krazen, pbrower, CARLHAYDEN and jfern's posting histories?

So we can look back and see how right they were and how wrong we were of course.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

Huntsman would make the best president, and then I'd go for Romney or Johnson.

Why not support Obama, as he's just like Huntsman, only black.

Or are you a racist?

Or, do you agree with Huntsman that Porkulus should have been bigger?

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:11:31 AM »

Our country is full of traitors who do not understand patriotism or support the war on terror.  George W Bush may well have been the greatest president to ever live!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »

It has become pretty clear that only a Paul or a Kucinich will fix our dangerous foreign policy mistakes here in the US of A.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »

Ron Paul 2012

If Obama wins 2012- Palin, Rubio, Mike Pence or Ran Paul in 2016
If Dem in 2016- Pence or Rubio in 2020

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »

What would happen if Perry were President w/ 60 GOP Senate Seats?

Probably a reduction in military spending.

I'm curious, but where did you ever hear Perry talk about the military?  I frankly have not heard the GOP talking about it.

I think the 60 senate seats would say more about it than Perry.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »

Ah yes. The GOP: The Party of Defense Cuts.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 10:04:18 PM »

Put the kabash on the Tea Party and become a responsible governing party again.

Remember the "angry white males" of the 1990's.. the militia groups... Pat Buchanan....  all of that seemed to go away in 2000.

Yeah...what a great 8 years of peace and prosperity we had during that period.

Meh....

Bush: 8 months of peace and six years of prosperity
Obama: No peace, no prosperity.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:19 AM »

R: 389
D: 149

What hell this would be.

Two possibilities added and you can take out CA.

1.  Rubio is the VP candidate.

2.  Rubio appeals to voters of Mexican/Central American descent.

Even if the first occurs, the second may not.

I love the GOP.  Lying about WMDs is okay, but a scheduling conflict is where you have to draw the line.

A lie isn't a lie if you can't prove it was a lie. It's not like Bush said, "I told the American people blah blah blah....I lied....indeed they didn't have weapons."

Now Clinton on the other hand straightly admitted to a lie. Whether personal or not, that is a confirmed lie, not allegations of trickery into going to war.

I'm just so glad Obama is President...can you imagine how democrats would be slicing up President McCain at this point?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »

It has become pretty clear that only a Paul or a Kucinich will fix our dangerous foreign policy mistakes here in the US of A.

Love it. Grin

Especially because the 1st guy would implement the opposite policies of the 2nd one...

You make no sense.

So, what differences would exist in their foreign policies?

Still waiting for for Paul Kemp to explain the difference.

What? I didn't say they would be different. I posted it in here based on the idea that their policies would completely solve our foreign policy problems.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »

This wouldn't be that absurd if it came from almost anyone else . . .

in any case, I find it disturbing that someone would joke about being on welfare and food stamps....there are a lot of people in this country without jobs and a means to support their families, and to them it is no joke.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2011, 11:50:44 AM by Paul Kemp »

This wouldn't be that absurd if it came from almost anyone else . . .

in any case, I find it disturbing that someone would joke about being on welfare and food stamps....there are a lot of people in this country without jobs and a means to support their families, and to them it is no joke.

Ah, now eventually you do plan to have absurdity on your, on your absurdity tour, right?...Hello?

You're welcome to contribute it if you wish. The people shall determine its value.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 08:36:05 AM »

Love it. Grin

Especially because the 1st guy would implement the opposite policies of the 2nd one...

You make no sense.

So, what differences would exist in their foreign policies?

Still waiting for for Paul Kemp to explain the difference.

What? I didn't say they would be different. I posted it in here based on the idea that their policies would completely solve our foreign policy problems.

So you also failed to understand my post...

There's not much to fail to understand there. Your statement was pretty simple, no matter how you want to spin it.

That's pretty much view of the guy, yeah.

Someone on AH.com once said that some people are attracted to his bold, no-nonsense stand against the Iraq War, which leads them to overlook that he spends the rest of his time taking bold, all-nonsense stands on everything else.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »

Couching an accusation of racism qualifies, eh? 

Grumpy I think we all know why you picked Africa.

Oh absolutely!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »

Naso's post and htmldon's response . . .

Many people who know me asked why I would vote against Barack Obama? Was I a racist? Was I a misogynist? No.

My vote isn't against the Barack Obama everyone likes personally, or the man who carried out a mission to kill Osama bin Laden. My vote is against the culture, and the types of people who have the mindset and the attitude and thinking that Barack Obama caters to.

For example...I greatly dislike the hip-hop culture. For heaven's sake...we had a hip-hop star create a music video showing the staged execution of a child. I think to myself...how can this stop? I hate this stuff. It needs to end.

Then I turn on the TV and see this:

"Yo, let's get rid of George Bush and Rock the Vote!"

....that makes me want George Bush even more.

Or I see this:

That's like a poison pill. I am always aggravated by "hand signs" let alone hip-hop music. They're endorsing Obama? That leans me the other way. See what I mean?

When I get aggravated by people who make clear they vote Democrat, that makes me want to vote Republican as a protest towards the types of people that aggravate me.

If teachers and I have a rocky past, and I see the teacher's bashing a Bush or Perry and the unions endorsing Obama, that makes me want to vote Perry.

You understand what I'm trying to say? It's not race...after all...I voted for a black man for Governor of Ohio in 2006 when many other Republicans did not on the basis of race. It's not against the man who killed Osama bin Laden, which, as you may recall made me more supportive of him at the time than many in his own party.

If you have to be nice to someone who is being rude or complaining, does that mean you want to be nice? No. You have to. Why? Because of fear of legal action. Okay so where the problem? Frivolous lawsuits, ambulance chasers, ect. Who do those people cater to? The Democratic Party. Bada-bing...voting Republican.

See? So it's not even that I don't give them the chance, it's that when people I dislike cater to a certain political party, I'm making damn sure I'm not voting for them.

I actually believe this has gone on in politics for many years. Hippies and protesters everywhere...America elects Nixon. Protesters and demonstrations everywhere while rap music fills the airwaves promoting social unrest...America elects George Bush.

Do you see what I'm trying to say?

I agree -- your sentiments sum up why I won't vote Democrat at all, not just Obama.

Perhaps if you have been awakened during the night several times by blaring (c)rap music coming from the apartment next door you would have a better understanding of what Naso is saying here.

Perhaps if you live in a city where every time a Republican wins an election fair and square, (some) black Democrat activists claim it was fraudulent, even if said Republican candidates won by tens of thousands of votes, you would understand.  As much as I hate it when some national figures on the right try to delegitimize the President of the United States with the birther nonsense, I am enraged by the antics of Democrats closer to home.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=140643.0
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »

I kinda wished he would run--he is the only opponent to match Ron Paul in intelligence, yet he is the only true ideological opposite.

Whats so bad about this? Neo-confederates (including myself) know were not ever going to secede again, and we love America (well, I do...). As for the SCV (Sons of Confederate Veterans), I was invited to join our local chapter last Memorial Day at an event held be Allen West, who is respected by the members I met as far as I can tell. So, compared to Perry's many other flaws, this is nothing.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »

This one should be good:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=141022.0
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »

These are absolutely, 100% democratic plants.  It is the same thing as the last debate (let him die).  In fact, it sounds like the exact same people.  The media snuck a few in.  It helps the liberal narrative that says Republicans are uncompassionate, evil, and extremists who want people to die.

Tea party patriots don't boo the troops.  It's democrats who do that.  When Vietnam veterans came home, they came home to a generation and country that hated them.  Many of those vets never forgave the democratic party for that. 

I am proud to have that man serve in our armed forces and I don't believe for a second that anyone in that room felt any differently - except perhaps Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »

Classic Naso

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=141194.0
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:02 PM »

He wouldn't want to face Romney because Romney has an okay chance of victory, and he wouldn't want to face Paul because he has around the same chances as Romney in addition to bringing up uncomfortable topics even if he lost.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »

Man it's so hard to be a white male in America.

Roll Eyes

Typical liberals. Racism is fine as long as it is directed against whites.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »

How so?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies