Favourite Soccer Team (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:00:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favourite Soccer Team (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favourite Soccer Team  (Read 4615 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »

My son's.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »

The Blue Whales won their first game tonight.  They defeated the Great Grapes 2-0.  Woot!

Till now it was just practice, but tonight they played for real.  My son didn't score either goal, but he passed and dribbled and kicked a lot.  The goals were scored by Hannah Montana.  Actually, that's not her real last name.  Her name is Hannah something.  We don't know her real last name, but we always call her Hannah Montana.  She's awesome.  Coach Mike is awesome too.

Go Blue Whales.  Kickin' ass and takin' names.

I'll have a celebratory drink.  Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »

Very sad.  The Blue Whales were defeated tonight.

Blue Whales:  0            Fireballs:  1

Sadder still is the fact that Hannah Montana was injured.  By my son.  Her own teammate. 

Saddest of all is that he was dicking around when it happened.  Swinging from the goal during water-bottle break and accidentally kicked her in the head.  Ah, she'll be okay, but it probably cost them the game. 

I had him apologize, and he has lost his TV and bicycle privileges for two days.  Hopefully this won't happen again. 

The blue flag flies at half mast tonight. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »

Blue Whales were defeated again tonight by the Turtles, 3-1.

On a brighter note, it was my son who scored the only goal for the Blue Whales. 

They were somewhat mismatched, as the Turtles had five players while the Blue Whales only had four.  One child didn't show up.  And when this happens basically the short team goes without a goalkeeper.  That's a distinct disadvantages, especially for children who are never really quite sure which goal they should be kicking towards.  Hannah Montana was there, though.  And judging by the fact that she and my son were back to playing grab-ass during the breaks and pushing each other afterward on the merry-go-round in the playground adjacent, I think there are no hard feelings about the little contretemps last week.  No grudges. 

I wish grown-ups could be like that. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies