Quinnipiac: Obama in a tough battle with Romney & Perry, while Bachmann trails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:41:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Quinnipiac: Obama in a tough battle with Romney & Perry, while Bachmann trails
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Obama in a tough battle with Romney & Perry, while Bachmann trails  (Read 685 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:59:53 AM »

If the 2012 election for President were being held today, and the candidates were - Barack Obama the Democrat and Mitt Romney the Republican for whom would you vote?

45% Obama
45% Romney

If the 2012 election for President were being held today, and the candidates were - Barack Obama the Democrat and Rick Perry the Republican for whom would you vote?

45% Obama
42% Perry

If the 2012 election for President were being held today, and the candidates were - Barack Obama the Democrat and Michele Bachmann the Republican for whom would you vote?

48% Obama
39% Bachmann

If the 2012 election for President were being held today, and the candidates were - Barack Obama the Democrat and Sarah Palin the Republican for whom would you vote?

51% Obama
37% Palin

Favorable Ratings:

36-27 Romney
47-47 Obama
22-23 Perry
26-36 Bachmann
32-55 Palin

Looking ahead to the 2012 election for President... Do you feel that Barack Obama deserves to be reelected, or do you feel that he does not deserve to be reelected?

42% Yes
51% No

If the 2012 election for the U.S. House of Representatives were being held today, would you vote for the Republican candidate or for the Democratic candidate?

38% Democrat
38% Republican

From August 16 - 27, Quinnipiac University surveyed 2,730 registered voters with a margin of error of +/- 1.9 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones. The Republican primary included 1,185 voters with a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percent.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1639
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »

As I've said before, Quinnipiac is very good in some states.  I'm not sure how much I'd trust them nationally.  Have they ever done a national before, and, if so, how good it was it?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:07:30 AM »

As I've said before, Quinnipiac is very good in some states.  I'm not sure how much I'd trust them nationally.  Have they ever done a national before, and, if so, how good it was it?

They did, but always months ahead of the election ...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:41 AM »

They did, but always months ahead of the election ...

It's a good poll for Perry and Romney, but I'm not overjoyed that it's Quinnipiac.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »

This poll is very similar to the results from PPP.

The only difference are the favorable ratings. PPP has shown much less favorable ratings and Quinnipiac more positive ones.

Could it be that people are more likely to lash out at the Presidential candidates when they are talking to a computer voice rather than a live interviewer ?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »

This poll is very similar to the results from PPP.

The only difference are the favorable ratings. PPP has shown much less favorable ratings and Quinnipiac more positive ones.

Could it be that people are more likely to lash out at the Presidential candidates when they are talking to a computer voice rather than a live interviewer ?

Possible.  Rasmussen was one of the more accurate ones in the last cycle, and not one of the ones over counting Obama votes.  They are the 'bots.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 09:44:51 AM »

This poll is bad news for Romney.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »

Well it is the first time I have seen Romney with a positive favorability rating. I share the concerns with Q's national polling though. They don't poll enough to accurately tell how precise they are on the nationwide picture.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies