Ontario 2011 (6th October) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario 2011 (6th October) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ontario 2011 (6th October)  (Read 83151 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: September 01, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »

Even winning on a losing campaign is cool, though election night is usually depressing. It's so fun going out there and doing door to door and meeting so many people. Thankfully here everybody's quite nice and some are happy to talk to you (only a handful politely tell you to go away and an teeny minority shut the door in your face).
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:14:16 AM »

Much like the Harper minority governments, a Hudak minority government I can handle, and *prefer* over a McGuinty government. I just hope it doesn't lead to a Hudak majority 5 years from now, but rather an NDP government.

Disgusting but hardly surprising.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »

Canvassing tomorrow!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:50:02 PM »

Going canvassing, it's always amusing to see how many people are idiots ready to be brainwashed into believing anything and then thinking they're absolutely correct and that everybody else is wrong. They talk about stuff like energy, HST or healthcare but have no clue why they hate it.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »

If Abacus, the trashy pollster for the ultra-trasy far-right SUN rags is showing a 4pt edge for the PC, then it's good news Smiley

From my internal sources, the Liberals have a 6pt lead or so in Ottawa-Orleans and we're not on the party's watchlist Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »

Hudak's performance can be summarized as follows: "tax grabs"/"hydro bills"/"foreigners"/"taxes". Number one priority for him is health or education? Ha! You clearly don't give a sh**t about education and your plan is to increase student debt, and your party ran healthcare into the ground with nurse lay-offs and hospital closures.

What a pathetic little child. If he gets into power, he'll ruin this province just like his idol Mike Harris did in the 90s.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »

McGuinty and Horwath performed best, yeah. Hudak was a child.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 07:17:43 PM »

CBC's poll in its coveritlive thing shows 42% think McGuinty win, 40% think Horwath won and only 12% think Hudak won. FWIW, of course.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

CBC's poll in its coveritlive thing shows 42% think McGuinty win, 40% think Horwath won and only 12% think Hudak won. FWIW, of course.
  Was this a poll done by an organization like Ipsos, Nanos, Angus-Reid etc. or was it just one of those that anybody can click on.  If the latter I wouldn't take much stock in it as I am sure one on Sun News or the National Post would have Tim Hudak well ahead.  If a scientific one, then it could be interesting to see the fall out.

Well, obviously it was one of those worthless clicky pollsy thingees and is hopelessly wrong, but still a better indicator than a similar thing on the SUN website. People who follow such stuff on the CBC tend to be more educated than the manchilds who follow such things on the SUN rags website.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »

Well, if you trust canvassing, 90% are undecided, but people lie.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »

Ottawa-Orleans, Vanier and West-Nepean would all be interesting.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 09:43:32 AM »

Ottawa-Orleans makes no sense. There's no way the Conservatives can be ahead by that much if they're tied province-wide. The whole Ottawa sample seems entirely f-ed up (Orleans, Centre, South...).
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »

I'm a fatalist and eternal pessimist when it comes to Canadian politics, so I have resigned myself into accepting Hudak as the next premier and the upcoming destruction of this province going alongside the ongoing destruction of this country.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll move to Bilbao in 4-5 years.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2011, 06:28:37 PM by Tim Tax-Grab Hudak »

Yeah, 308 is a joke. He's like the new Dick Morris, some failed/flawed number-geek who is fed by the idiot media who wants to look hip with some articles from a "guy who crunches polls".

Came across some guy who said he normally voted NDP but was voting Liberal this time Smiley Nice to fall across. On an amusing "conservatives are people with anger issues" note, one of the people who canvassed today told me she once fell across a guy who took the lit, crumpled it up and threw it in her face. lol tories.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »

The Citizen endorsed that waste of sperm Lister. How painful and stupid. But it's hard for me to take a paper that also endorses the far-right maniac Hillier seriously.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 01:39:21 PM »

Another Nanos sez PC 36.4, LIB 35.9, NDP 25.7, GRN 1.2

Ekos sez LIB 37.8, PC 30.6, NDP 22.7, GRN 7.3

Cross fingers that Ekos is correct.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »

Another Nanos sez PC 36.4, LIB 35.9, NDP 25.7, GRN 1.2

Ekos sez LIB 37.8, PC 30.6, NDP 22.7, GRN 7.3

Cross fingers that Ekos is correct.

What's with the disparity with the Greens?

Nanos has always been weird with the Greens, most recently in May. I believe they don't prompt them by name, which is rather stupid and ends up giving them extremely low numbers. Something between 3 and 6% seems accurate for the Greens this year, maybe nearer to the high range of that given that they've increased their support a tad since the start of the campaign. Still off the 2007 high, which is to be expected in such a closely-fought polarized campaign.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »

They also confirm that the original "close race" in O-South was wrong, given that the Liberals are now up 7% there in this new poll. Gives me hope as to Orleans. I don't think we're trailing by 6, though we might be trailing because of all this bullsh**t created by our two useless sh**thead-councillors (Monette and Bloess) who are complaining about McNeely.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2011, 04:46:20 PM by Tim Tax-Grab Hudak »

If the PCs somehow finished third, then I'd laugh my ass off in joy. It would be the best thing to come out of this country since...

Also, today's Nanos showed a similar Liberal surge to 37-38%.

Also - heads up to those who care - I'm working as a returning officer (DRO) on election day, so I won't be online at all on Thursday. I got the ballots today Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

Apparently even Abacus has us ahead. I'm hopeful about all this, but I stand ready to be disappointed.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »

Andrew Lister is really stepping up his game. He's littered Innes with a string of 7-8 huge signs and now he's plastered them with stuff like "the Ottawa sh**tizen endorses" or "Rainer Bloess endorses". I'm very happy I didn't vote for Bloess in the last local elections, given how much of a useless rightie scumbag he is.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »

Andrew Lister is really stepping up his game. He's littered Innes with a string of 7-8 huge signs and now he's plastered them with stuff like "the Ottawa sh**tizen endorses" or "Rainer Bloess endorses". I'm very happy I didn't vote for Bloess in the last local elections, given how much of a useless rightie scumbag he is.

Funny how Bloess and Monette  used to be Liberals.

Hell, Bloess even ran for the federal Liberal nomination in 2009 or something!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »

Angus-Reid now saying 37% Lib, 33% PC, 26% NDP. Weird how they'd fit in one more one-day poll before the election, but maybe they didn't wanna be the odd ones out.

Interesting. Changing their numbers this quickly is a bit ARG-like or something.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 10:34:20 PM »

Comments on my crazy day tomorrow... but now... Victory. We won. Forward, Together.

Also, screw you Lister, Bloess, Monette, Galipeau, Citizen and Le Droit. Because we owned. Also, props to Naqvi in O-C, IMPRESSIVE!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:33 AM »

A rant from your friendly DRO:

When I ask for a proof of address, you don't need to throw a fit and rant about how you didn't need it in past. Also, a proof of address is NOT you reading out your address to me. Just show me your driver's license, we won't eat it. If we need to take your wallet to see it, don't worry, we won't run off with your credit card and buy an airplane with it.

When you don't have appropriate ID and you need to sign an oath, don't throw a pathetic hissy fit and say 'I WONT VOTE'. The oath isn't asking you to pledge your wealth to my offspring or something.

When I tell you how to vote and how to return it to me, no need to act like a crazy old man and say ญญ'I've voted before!!!'. Fact is, the rules change. And we're asinine about how the ballot needs to be folded. So, listen to me for 5 seconds before voting. It won't ruin your life.

We're human beings, not unresponsive robots. So, smile and be pleasant. Don't be some bitter angry person and treat us like dirt.

Tim Hudak: teh evil furigners and young people are the most pleasant voters. They show their ID or fill out an oath without throwing rants. The old Anglos and Francos are the most likely to be bitter old sh**ts who will complain about everything.

Finally. If you leave with your ballot as a souvenir, then you are the most despicable kind of human being on earth and I wish you a slow, painful death. Very slow and extremely painful.

(What happens when you issued 237 ballots, 235 of which were cast for candidates and one was cancelled? It's not as simple as you think.)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies