Would you vote for a gay or atheist president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:52:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would you vote for a gay or atheist president?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Would you vote for someone who is gay to hold our highest post? Atheist?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: Would you vote for a gay or atheist president?  (Read 38736 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2005, 09:14:26 PM »

Never.  Anyone lacking any inner spirtuality, sexual control, or traditional values is not capable of trusted or strong leadership.

None of those things have anything to do with making correct policy decisions and dealing with allies.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »

Never. Anyone lacking any inner spirtuality, sexual control, or traditional values is not capable of trusted or strong leadership.

Sexual control?  Shall we make everyone a eunuch, then?
bushforever
bushwillwin

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2005, 09:23:42 PM »

Never.  Anyone lacking any inner spirtuality, sexual control, or traditional values is not capable of trusted or strong leadership.

None of those things have anything to do with making correct policy decisions and dealing with allies.

Actually they do.  You can't make policy decisions when you're getting your d!ck sucked and your a$$ rammed.  You also appear less strong and capable to the rest of the world.  And you don't have the strength to do anything in regards to good policy decisions if you're atheist, because 1/5 of your personal well being is absent.  Also, our country's founding fathers were very religious.  I believe it is essential to carry on those types of things.  I also worry about "God" being removed from every aspect of our lives, if an atheist president were in office.  My right to pray, my right to say God in the pledge, my right to say Merry Christmas, my right to display nativity scenes, my right to go to church, the obligation to swear on the bible at trials, etc., etc.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2005, 09:26:40 PM »

Actually they do.  You can't make policy decisions when you're getting your d!ck sucked and your a$$ rammed.  You also appear less strong and capable to the rest of the world.  And you don't have the strength to do anything in regards to good policy decisions if you're atheist, because 1/5 of your personal well being is absent.  Also, our country's founding fathers were very religious.  I believe it is essential to carry on those types of things.  I also worry about "God" being removed from every aspect of our lives, if an atheist president were in office.  My right to pray, my right to say God in the pledge, my right to say Merry Christmas, my right to display nativity scenes, my right to go to church, the obligation to swear on the bible at trials, etc., etc.

Yes, because gay presidents would be having sex while making policy decisions? Uh, OK.
Cashcow

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2005, 09:36:12 PM »

Yeah, are you kidding? Of course gays do that often enough for it to prevent them from holding office!

And atheists would ban religion, just like Christian presidents ban Judaism and JFK banned everything but Catholicism, right?

Bushforever is a really rational guy, folks - kind of like Bush himself.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2005, 09:46:42 PM »

Yeah, are you kidding? Of course gays do that often enough for it to prevent them from holding office!

And atheists would ban religion, just like Christian presidents ban Judaism and JFK banned everything but Catholicism, right?

Thank you for the compliment.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2005, 09:47:48 PM »

Yes, because gay presidents would be having sex while making policy decisions? Uh, OK.

With f@gs, and their lack of morals, they most likely would.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »

My definition of morals is being a good human being. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with how good of a human being you are.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2005, 09:51:02 PM »

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2005, 09:52:06 PM »

My definition of morals is being a good human being. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with how good of a human being you are.

My definition of morals includes self-discipline and self-control.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2005, 09:53:27 PM »

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

You are steryotyping all athiests. Most athiests just want to live their lives away from religion, but they respect the right of others to pray and sing Christmas carols. At public school, there should be no public prayers. Don't favor certain religions. It's common sense, IMHO.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2005, 09:54:59 PM »

And how exactly do gay people not have that?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2005, 09:55:33 PM »

GLOBALDICTATOR, quit preaching to opebo. If he goes to heaven, I'll never forgive you.
Cashcow

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2005, 09:56:28 PM »

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

Yeah, that's totally bringing you down, and all atheists are doing it.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2005, 10:01:43 PM »

You are steryotyping all athiests. Most athiests just want to live their lives away from religion, but they respect the right of others to pray and sing Christmas carols. At public school, there should be no public prayers. Don't favor certain religions. It's common sense, IMHO.

Yes, but student-led prayers at football games where most everyone agrees and prays.  And what about my right to pray individually or quote the bible at school.  Or not teaching evolution.  If you get an atheist president, you will get all these complaining atheist special interests groups trying to have the president inflict their views on the country.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2005, 10:02:39 PM »

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

Yes it is, and yes they are.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »

And how exactly do gay people not have that?

By choosing to engage in homosexual lifestyles.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2005, 10:04:34 PM »

Yes, but student-led prayers at football games where most everyone agrees and prays.  And what about my right to pray individually or quote the bible at school.  Or not teaching evolution.  If you get an atheist president, you will get all these complaining atheist special interests groups trying to have the president inflict their views on the country.

I don't have a problem with you sitting at your desk praying. Just it shouldn't be lead by anyone. If you and some friends want to pray in a corner during lunch, be my guest. If we have a Christian President, wouldn't we have Christian special interest groups trying to inflict their views?

What is so bad about science?
Cashcow

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2005, 10:06:59 PM »

Don't you have anything better to fight for, like the cause for killing Arabs? If you think all atheists are going out of their way to stop you from enjoying religious freedom, you're as much an asinine elitist as opebo.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »

I don't have a problem with you sitting at your desk praying. Just it shouldn't be lead by anyone. If you and some friends want to pray in a corner during lunch, be my guest. If we have a Christian President, wouldn't we have Christian special interest groups trying to inflict their views?

What is so bad about science?

Not all science is true.

And if I want to preach to the crowd and lead a prayer, I should be able to.  And it does not matter about religious special interest groups trying to inflict their views, because religion is a part of our country not atheism.  I have no problem with Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus...whatever.  If any of those people want to lead prayers, go right ahead.  I don't have to follow, and neither do they if it's a Christian prayer.  It's important to be acceptful and tolerant and try to relate to the words of spirit they have to offer.  It's just atheists I have issues with.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2005, 10:15:21 PM »

Don't you have anything better to fight for, like the cause for killing Arabs? If you think all atheists are going out of their way to stop you from enjoying religious freedom, you're as much an asinine elitist as opebo.

No, it's terrorists who wish us harm who we are trying to kill.  Not all arabs.  Why the hell are we pumping so much money into that country and want elections there and want people to live free there if we hated all arabs.  If I think all atheists are going out of their way to stop me from enjoying religious freedom I am simply concerned about the well being of the traditions of our country.
Cashcow

« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2005, 10:15:54 PM »

There is nothing patriotic about generalizations.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2005, 10:17:28 PM »

There is nothing patriotic about generalizations.

There is nothing patriotic about atheism.
Cashcow

« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2005, 10:23:55 PM »

You're right, but there's also nothing patriotic about religion, no matter how you twist it.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2005, 10:27:46 PM »

You're right, but there's also nothing patriotic about religion, no matter how you twist it.

Quite true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies