1994 Texas Governors Race....Richards beats Bush.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1994 Texas Governors Race....Richards beats Bush.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1994 Texas Governors Race....Richards beats Bush.  (Read 785 times)
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »

Is there anything that Ann Richards could have done to defeat George W Bush in 1994?
If so, how might history have been different for Richards, Bush and the country as a whole?

RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:18:23 PM »

I can see a Draft Richards for 2000 to primary boring Al Gore. Good economy and charisma give victory to Richards-Bayh against Colin Powell/Elizabeth Dole 53-45-2(Nader and and others). In 2004, she ends defeated by Rudy Giuliani/Bill Frist-51-47-2  due to concerns about her health and failure to capture Bin Laden. Although this, she remained popular and died in 2006. Giuliani was re-elected against Bayh/Clinton in 2008 with 51-47-2, after capturing Bin Laden, but his popularity collapsed after economic crisis. Senator Jeb Bush of Florida is favourite to get Republican nomination, but great favourite to get election is Governor Martin O'Malley of Maryland. George W. Bush is now a businessman and was defeated by John Cornyn, at a Senate primary, in a election won by Chet Edwards.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »

I can see a Draft Richards for 2000 to primary boring Al Gore. Good economy and charisma give victory to Richards-Bayh against Colin Powell/Elizabeth Dole 53-45-2(Nader and and others). In 2004, she ends defeated by Rudy Giuliani/Bill Frist-51-47-2  due to concerns about her health and failure to capture Bin Laden. Although this, she remained popular and died in 2006. Giuliani was re-elected against Bayh/Clinton in 2008 with 51-47-2, after capturing Bin Laden, but his popularity collapsed after economic crisis. Senator Jeb Bush of Florida is favourite to get Republican nomination, but great favourite to get election is Governor Martin O'Malley of Maryland. George W. Bush is now a businessman and was defeated by John Cornyn, at a Senate primary, in a election won by Chet Edwards.

I can see most of this outside of the 2000 Republican ticket. Heck, I might wanna use this in a tl (I've been planning a tl with Rudy winning in '04, but replacing Gore with Richards would make it more interesting.)
I Am Feeblepizza.
ALF
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:45:25 PM »

Good scenario overall. I think that the GOP ticket in 2000 would be more along the lines of John McCain/Liddy Dole. They would lose, probably, by a 50-48-2 margin or thereabouts. A ticket with Powell would win because, at the time, he was pretty much universally respected in all circles.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies