PA-Franklin & Marshall College: Obama in bad shape, still leads all Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:01:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-Franklin & Marshall College: Obama in bad shape, still leads all Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Franklin & Marshall College: Obama in bad shape, still leads all Republicans  (Read 1031 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/images/video/2011_pdfs/0901gpPolls.pdf
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:48:38 PM »

These numbers are extremely strange but hilarious.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »

Not too strange.  Obama weaken, but not a total disaster.  Probably greater comfort with Romney on the R side.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »

Casey and Toomey's "fair/poor" numbers seem way too high, not to mention the amount of people voting "other" in the Presidential match ups. I know F&M are known for having a large number of undecideds in their polls but I don't remember that many people saying that they would vote for a third party candidate.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »

These numbers are extremely strange but hilarious.

Another EGFP poll/ Apparently, Pennsylvanians are unhappy with all major politicians, but Obama does better than the Governor and two Senators (one from each Party), and beats every conceivable GOP nominee for President.

It's something like what I had for Tennessee. I do not use EGFP polls for approval, but I can draw some conclusions from some of the match-ups.

If there is a new Ross Perot, then that candidate could make things interesting in 2012. 
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »

This is another junk poll... the undecideds are 26% and 27% for the two Republicans that may actually get the nomination. I don't know how we can draw anything from that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »

This is another junk poll... the undecideds are 26% and 27% for the two Republicans that may actually get the nomination. I don't know how we can draw anything from that.

To be fair, F&M is known for having very high undecided numbers but, from what I remember, usually correctly predict the winner. F&M certainly isn't "junk poll" material.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »

It is probably one of the best polls for Pennsylvania.  Some of it is probably that Perry/Romney/Santorum supporters are not on board with the other candidates. 

It will be interesting what Santorum does if he drops out.  One candidate should emerge on top.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »

It is probably one of the best polls for Pennsylvania.  Some of it is probably that Perry/Romney/Santorum supporters are not on board with the other candidates. 

It will be interesting what Santorum does if he drops out.  One candidate should emerge on top.

But 36% to 30%!? This isn't Europe. Numbers like that don't win elections.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2011, 09:36:24 PM by J. J. »

But 36% to 30%!? This isn't Europe. Numbers like that don't win elections.

Madonna does not push and the opposition vote is divided among several candidates; the primaries serve as a winnowing.  Much of the "other" basically means that the candidate isn't the first choice; it's like "generic Republican."

Right now, my preference is for Romney.  If I was asked Perry or Obama, and given a choice of "other," I'd answer "other."  If it's a choice between Perry and Obama, I'd probably vote for Perry, but he's not my first choice.

Some others, Santorum, Bachman, I really wouldn't know and would answer undecided.  I might end up voting for either, but I'd have to consider it.

2008 Hillary was second choice in the Spring of 2008.  She probably would have jumped up to first choice by the Summer.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies