Torie vs. anvi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:24:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Torie vs. anvi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torie vs. anvi  (Read 513 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »

I think this race might shake up the map a little bit!  Smiley
But, of course, in the end, Torie prevails.

Torie       289
anvi        249
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »

Torie might be an attractive candidate in FL........olds and Cubans might favor him.  Just sayin'  Wink

And I'd give you OH.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

I had a hard time thinking about Florida and Ohio too.  Torie might be an attractive candidate for Florida, but, at least from our conversations on the forum, he might be willing to stick it to the olds more than me! Smiley  At the same time, I can see myself having a hard time winning Ohio.  But yeah, both states could flip the other way.  Either way, he still wins.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:09:51 PM »

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »

anvi/anvi

The public does not take well to Torie's bad cocktail of deep austerity and hedonistic secular ways.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

I actually wouldn't mind too much seeing both on the same ticket.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »

Since anvi created the scenario, I think he's opposed to that.  Wink
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »

Since anvi created the scenario, I think he's opposed to that.  Wink

Thanks, J.J.  I'm not opposed to a Torie-anvi ticket at all, but I'm betting Torie's trusted advisors, and especially his donors, would stage a walkout if he hinted at the possibility of picking me.  Smiley 

DeadFlagBlues, Torie might impose a little more austerity than I would, but my own secular ways would leave the voters little to choose from on that score.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Napoleon.  If I did win in that scenario, I would be swearing underneath my breath while taking my oath that I had lost my home state.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 05:22:19 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2011, 05:29:09 PM by Torie »

Fun fun. All I can say is that this race would be one of the most civil ever conducted. Anvi and I would probably end up agreeing with each other more often than not, while pissing off our respective "bases," and sometimes just most folks in general.  Neither of us are into this sound bite BS game.  Smiley

I would have trouble in Flordia, particularly the higher income old precincts (I would probably be pounded in Naples). I don't think they would like my means testing of entitlements ideas very much. Tongue  The academic and gay precincts would be fun to watch. I might do pretty well there for a Pubbie. I also think I would run relatively well in Colorado. I am not sure why I would win Iowa but lose the Dakotas.  The family farm in Iowa thing? 

What is particularly hilarious, is that both major party candidates would be Godless. That would at least shut up the Editor of the NY Times (Keller) about his theocrat angst attacks.  
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:13 AM »

It would be fun to have a race where religious issues were pretty much off the table, as well as sound-bite politics thrown aside.  But yeah, the bases on both sides might run two third-party candidates.  I guess my biggest hope would be that, after winning, Torie would make me Secretary of State; I can help with practically all of Asia, the only danger being that I might cause a few scandals over there.  Smiley

I'm counting on winning the Dakotas and Montana because I'm from there, and I think I can talk my friends there into backing me (they don't get many presidential candidates, so this could be a rare at-bat for them!).  I do think the family farm in Iowa helps you, Torie, and a moderate Republican with farmland in the state is gonna defeat me there.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies