Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:54:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 11974 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2011, 10:35:41 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

I am running for President of Atlasia.

The cornerstone of my campaign will be a policy that will set the tone for democratic reform in this nation, a policy that protects the most fundamental expression of democracy, the vote.

The Vote Sanctity Act, the groundbreaking legislation that as Governor I pioneered in the Northeast Region, would be of great benefit to the entire nation of Atlasia.

The Vote Sanctity Act simply disallows any editing of a vote once it has been cast.  Therefore, no manipulation or invalidation of a vote can occur.

This act has been in effect in the Northeast for some time now and our elections run smoothly, free of any possiblity whatsoever of any manipulation or invalidation.  This should be the case with voting throughout Atlasia.

The will of the people of Atlasia must be recognized, free from vote tampering of any kind.

We are well aware of the debilitating effect and divisiveness that corruption can have on a nation.

Atlasia must never again be allowed to wallow in the mires of Invaligate.  

I appeal to Atlasians from coast to coast to restore true democracy to this nation, and to support me in ensuring voting equity for this republic.    
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »

Any VP candidates yet?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »

I'm very interested in seeing/hearing what your plans are
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:24:54 PM »

I'm very interested in seeing/hearing what your plans are

Thank you for your interest Mr. President.

Although the Vote Sanctity Act is the cornerstone of my campaign, as I believe that a voting system free of any opportunities for corruption, manipulation, or invalidation, is absolutely fundamental and critical to the smooth operation of a democracy, I of course have other policies and programs to move forward, which I will be discussing during the course of the campaign.   
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:19:52 AM »

Is there anyway to prove that someone edited their vote within the first two minutes, since it doesn't record that at the bottom of the post?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:01:33 AM »

This campaign has my deepest respect. I wish you all the best and an entertaining election campaign. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:49 AM »

I will be keeping a close eye on you candidacy.  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »

Is there anyway to prove that someone edited their vote within the first two minutes, since it doesn't record that at the bottom of the post?

If nothing is recorded at the bottom of the post, then for purposes of the official record, there is no editing that has taken place.  Besides, it would be impossible for someone to see there is a vote they want changed or invalidated, send a PM to someone pressuring them to change or invalidate their vote, have the recipient see they have a PM and read it, have the recipient change or invalidate their vote, all within two minutes.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »

The Movement does not approve.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »

I will be keeping a close eye on you candidacy.  Smiley

OH OH!  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »

Of democratic reform?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:10:21 PM »

This campaign has my deepest respect. I wish you all the best and an entertaining election campaign. Smiley

Thank you ZuWo.  Much appreciated.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »

If nothing is recorded at the bottom of the post, then for purposes of the official record, there is no editing that has taken place.  Besides, it would be impossible for someone to see there is a vote they want changed or invalidated, send a PM to someone pressuring them to change or invalidate their vote, have the recipient see they have a PM and read it, have the recipient change or invalidate their vote, all within two minutes.

Then you aren't eliminating the modification period, just reducing it to two minutes. And if all you can do is reduce it, then such a change should take into account slower connection speeds, because otherwise those with faster connections will always be able to modify and those with slower ones may get screwed out of their votes by a few seconds.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »

Then you aren't eliminating the modification period, just reducing it to two minutes. And if all you can do is reduce it, then such a change should take into account slower connection speeds, because otherwise those with faster connections will always be able to modify and those with slower ones may get screwed out of their votes by a few seconds.

If there is any editing at the bottom of the post, the vote is invalid.  I think that should be clear.  This is not rocket science.  Anyone is free to nit pick all they want.  Everyone can use the preview button before posting. 

You make the editing time two minutes, then you would say the editing time should be three or four minutes, because some connections are slower than others.

Then, before you know it, you are back to the point where votes can be manipulated by others, and to where voters can be persuaded to invalidate their votes. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »

Perhaps you shouldn't assume stuff. Preview often jams my connection.

Winfield, the problem here is you are using the wrong approach to protect the almighty vote and in so doing you are putting the innocent voter who just happens to not be able to afford a higher speed internet connection at an unfair disadvantage when it comes to voting. I have a notoriously crappy internet connection. My posts get messed up all the time because of it. Usually the times when it does this, is also the worst time to be quickly navigating pages (delays modification), or trying to use an interactive feature (Like preview). Do I just not vote if this happens to occur when I try to vote?

If you want to prevent intimidation, go after the intimidator, not the voter.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »

Perhaps you shouldn't assume stuff. Preview often jams my connection.

Winfield, the problem here is you are using the wrong approach to protect the almighty vote and in so doing you are putting the innocent voter who just happens to not be able to afford a higher speed internet connection at an unfair disadvantage when it comes to voting. I have a notoriously crappy internet connection. My posts get messed up all the time because of it. Usually the times when it does this, is also the worst time to be quickly navigating pages (delays modification), or trying to use an interactive feature (Like preview). Do I just not vote if this happens to occur when I try to vote?

If you want to prevent intimidation, go after the intimidator, not the voter.

Yankee, thank you for your input.  I take your concerns seriously.

Like most any bill presented before a legislative body, the Vote Sanctity Act may have amendments made to it in the Senate and voted upon by the Senators.  Perhaps one of the Senators would present an amendment to this bill proposing editing be permitted up to two minutes after the original voting post has been made.  In any legislative body, many bills become legislation through amendments and compromise.

And I agree with you, if it can be proven that one has been involved in intimidation, they should by all means be prosecuted under the law. 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

The law has caused a total of zero problems in the Northeast. Everything has been running smoothly.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »

The law has caused a total of zero problems in the Northeast. Everything has been running smoothly.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »

ENDORSED
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »

I might as well make it official now Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »

I know we've had our differences in the past, but Thank you Mechaman.  

Very much appreciated.  Very much indeed.

This proves that Atlasians from all across the spectrum can unite for a common cause.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »

Thank you very much ats.  Your endorsement is much appreciated.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »

You have my full support.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 09:57:29 PM »

Thank you very much Dallasfan.  Much appreciated. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »

I am most pleased to announce that Senator Jbrase of the great state of Texas has accepted my invitation to become my running mate as the Vice Presidential candidate.

Thank you Jbrase for joining me on the ticket.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies